Page 108 of 234 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3509
    BANNED

Pats fan here. Mixed bag. On the one hand, glad to see my Patriots not only being competitive but dare I say it, looking playoff-worthy? Still a few tough games to go and anything can happen any week (Titans, Bills twice, Colts), but I'm starting to get hope where I was hoping just to look like we were building towards something next year when the kid had experience and we added some defensive pieces (and especially retained one in JC Jackson). On the other hand, sad to see a couple of Browns get hurt there with the defensive back (name escapes me) and Baker. Stevenson looked good, cheered out loud seeing Jakobi get his first touchdown finally (from a Hoyer pass, no less!). If we can split the series with the Bills I think we have a good shot at a Wild Card spot. More than I would have imagined at the start of the year. But a long way to go. I had marked this down as a loss before the season began.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bridgewater is some four years removed from a devastating knee injury that derailed his career. So, if he was leery, if not reluctant about throwing his body into harm’s way on that play yesterday, I can’t say I blame him, not one bit.
    Good point. Yah, that played a factor as well. Either way, I don't blame Bridgewater. He could have made it look better, would have gotten bowled over and maybe gotten another blown out knee as his reward. Not worth it at all.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Good point. Yah, that played a factor as well. Either way, I don't blame Bridgewater. He could have made it look better, would have gotten bowled over and maybe gotten another blown out knee as his reward. Not worth it at all.
    I agree the visuals were horribad on Teddy’s matador move, but then, are quarterbacks actually taught how to tackle? I can’t imagine they are, I’m guessing head coaches tell their passers, from superstars down to journeymen not to even try and to get the hell out of the way on interceptions or recovered fumbles.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I agree the visuals were horribad on Teddy’s matador move, but then, are quarterbacks actually taught how to tackle? I can’t imagine they are, I’m guessing head coaches tell their passers, from superstars down to journeymen not to even try and to get the hell out of the way on interceptions or recovered fumbles.
    I dont know. I think Brady would have went head first into that guy. Then bitched at the refs after they flag the guy Brady hit for roughing the passer and then Give the Bucs 14 points and a box of candy as an Im sorry another player got with in 5 yards of the golden child.

I get why Teddy didnt make the tackle. but I am bummed and thing he could have at least maybe tried to grab the guys jersey of something. I just legit hate football players who are payed to throw the ball and get touchdowns not play defense! That is the take of a lot of talking heads today. And while I am not that route damn a little effort would have been nice lol.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-15-2021 at 04:20 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont know. I think Brady would have went head first into that guy. Then bitched at the refs after they flag the guy Brady hit for roughing the passer and then Give the Bucs 14 points and a box of candy as an Im sorry another player got with in 5 yards of the golden child.

I get why Teddy didnt make the tackle. but I am bummed and thing he could have at least maybe tried to grab the guys jersey of something. I just legit hate football players who are payed to throw the ball and get touchdowns not play defense! That is the take of a lot of talking heads today. And while I am not that route damn a little effort would have been nice lol.
    The thing is, the league literally bent over backwards to protect quarterbacks from injury, can’t hit them high, can’t hit them low, almost can’t hit them at all. But after interceptions or fumble returns happen and passers become defenders, they can be blown up just like the other ten players on the field, a risk no team should have to take, especially with guys making obscene amounts of money and are often the faces of franchises. Not worth the trouble in my mind.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think its the comical aspect that Bridgewater didn't seem to try to even step into the way or do anything. Jim McMahon would have launched himself at the guy and not cared. Dude was known for not caring to throw his body and go all out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Broncos coach was not happy with effort shown as well. A fact Bridgewater has seemed to accept he should have done more...

https://www.nfl.com/news/vic-fangio-...-teddy-at-leas
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Broncos coach was not happy with effort shown as well. A fact Bridgewater has seemed to accept he should have done more...

I agree. He didnt even have to throw his body at the guy. Just reach out and grab his arm so the teammate 2 feet behind can catch up.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Pats fan here. Mixed bag. On the one hand, glad to see my Patriots not only being competitive but dare I say it, looking playoff-worthy? Still a few tough games to go and anything can happen any week (Titans, Bills twice, Colts), but I'm starting to get hope where I was hoping just to look like we were building towards something next year when the kid had experience and we added some defensive pieces (and especially retained one in JC Jackson). On the other hand, sad to see a couple of Browns get hurt there with the defensive back (name escapes me) and Baker. Stevenson looked good, cheered out loud seeing Jakobi get his first touchdown finally (from a Hoyer pass, no less!). If we can split the series with the Bills I think we have a good shot at a Wild Card spot. More than I would have imagined at the start of the year. But a long way to go. I had marked this down as a loss before the season began.
    I currently think they are going to sneak in as a wild card and then lose that game - unless they draw a pretender of a division winner. Nice to see them coming back together, but I think they have another season, maybe two before we can call them contenders again.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Rams getting slapped around by the.....(checks notes) 49ers? Waaaa? Really?

Crazy few weeks in the NFL the last 3 weeks.

Basically the LA Rams thought they had an all star team and certified Super Bowl punched. I hope this starts a comical run where they just start losing.

I think its the comical aspect that Bridgewater didn't seem to try to even step into the way or do anything. Jim McMahon would have launched himself at the guy and not cared. Dude was known for not caring to throw his body and go all out.
    McMahon currently is one of the worst examples of someone living with CTE.

Bridgewater, even if you take head injury concerns out of it, has a reconstructed leg.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    McMahon currently is one of the worst examples of someone living with CTE.

Bridgewater, even if you take head injury concerns out of it, has a reconstructed leg.
    And if he's worried about even grabbing a guy....he shouldn't play. His coach was disappointed in his effort and even he admitted he messed up.

McMahon had 18 surgeries. He was beat up worse then before people knew CTE but as he told , defensive players thought he would be scared etc. Some would go to purpose hurt him as we saw. But as his teammates said Jim McMahon was just someone who never backed down from anyone.

And if he's worried about even grabbing a guy....he shouldn't play. His coach was disappointed in his effort and even he admitted he messed up.

McMahon had 18 surgeries. He was beat up worse then before people knew CTE but as he told , defensive players thought he would be scared etc. Some would go to purpose hurt him as we saw. But as his teammates said Jim McMahon was just someone who never backed down from anyone.
    I still think Bridgewater should have put in more effort on that play, just understand that Jim McMahon maybe isn't the best example of what you'd want for effort on a play like that. I'd have gone for Lockett's pursuit of Budda Baker last year on what in any other universe should have been a pick six from an offensive player, but for a QB... let's give it to Lamar Jackson here.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Broncos coach is a knuckledragging neanderthal who said racism and discrimination weren't issues in the league. Short and sweet: fuck him.

As for Bridgewater, he has NOTHING to apologize for. It wasn't his fault the ball was fumbled, forcing him into trying to do something he probably wasn't taught or trained to do in the first place.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-16-2021 at 02:27 AM.