Page 110 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Have you noticed anything about your list shown that makes you think ...ok this may not represent the league fully on this stat ? The entire list is from mid/late 90s to current. There is no list of guys from the 1930s to 1980's shown. Its perhaps the most incomplete list to point and proclaim how its false Jim McMahon did anything.

In fact this is at bottom that basically negates the entire deal since...Jim McMahon played in the 1980's and early 90's....

StatMuse has season-level data for tackles going back to the 2001 season.
    McMahon was so weak he had no tackles at all in the post-2001 NFL!

No I didn't notice that. Be interested to see how the old school guys were in terms of tackling.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    McMahon was so weak he had no tackles at all in the post-2001 NFL!

No I didn't notice that. Be interested to see how the old school guys were in terms of tackling.

It's got a lot of "newer" tackles but it has some from Joe Cool and the like. Even Jim Kelly's leg breaker is in there!

Montana was known to throw some big blocks; he threw some pretty massive ones at age 37 with KC.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I have a kind of fun question my friend asked me.

You can be the owner of one NFL team. Who would it be? Who would your GM be or would you do it yourself? Who do you want as a head coach?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

You can be the owner of one NFL team. Who would it be? Who would your GM be or would you do it yourself? Who do you want as a head coach?
    You don't want to be the guy, that follows the guy. Take a traditionally s*** team whose owner isn't a cheapskate or going to cut you off at the knees non-stop and leave you to do the job, and grab those franchises that have been bad to improve them. Take a team that won't put you in a city where the local media are going to savage you (not New York teams, not Philly, not Chicago, which also has an ownership issue).

Not Cincinnatti, because Mike Brown's a cheapskate.
    Not the Texans, because they're... they're a bit conservative politically and philosophically in ways where they're not going to let you bring in the right people.

I honestly think the answer might be Atlanta or Detroit. The latter, because, you only have to be a better GM than the line of jokers that have been there in the past 20 years.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

What if you could own your own team? Like you said not Cincinnati because of Mike brown. But what if you ran the show? What if you owned the Bengals? Or any team? no owner but you
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What if you could own your own team? Like you said not Cincinnati because of Mike brown. But what if you ran the show? What if you owned the Bengals? Or any team? no owner but you
    Hmm... I would want to grab one of the most financially profitable teams, outright, but again, not looking to be the guy following guy. The most valuable franchise with the most clearly loathed owner...

Survey says... Washington Football Team. 5th most valuable behind Cowboys, Patriots, Giants, and Rams. You could pick the new nickname from their list of new choices, and you only have to qualify as being less of an ******* than Dan Snyder... which is a LAYUP.

I'd buy the Bengals and move them.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Hmm... I would want to grab one of the most financially profitable teams, outright, but again, not looking to be the guy following guy. The most valuable franchise with the most clearly loathed owner...

Survey says... Washington Football Team. 5th most valuable behind Cowboys, Patriots, Giants, and Rams. You could pick the new nickname from their list of new choices, and you only have to qualify as being less of an ******* than Dan Snyder... which is a LAYUP.
    Changed my mind. I'd take them and name them the Red Tails or Airmen, or Red Wolves (I think that is the preferred name at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'd buy the Bengals and move them.
    Why move them? To like a better market?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Changed my mind. I'd take them and name them the Red Tails or Airmen, or Red Wolves (I think that is the preferred name at this point).
    Wanna go in on an ownership group together? LOL.

Then hey Punters and Kickers should not be. Running backs and Receivers they should never try for a tackle either. And I am not even upset Bridgewater didnt full on tackle the guy. But man he didnt even lift an arm. Or even give the appearance that he tried.
    For QBs known to be a bit tough, we can go back to Jeff Hostetler, who once tried to bulldoze through Ronnie Lott (I can't remember exactly well he did but anything better than 'got humiliated' is notable). But Jeff played linebacker on college, he could get away with that stuff.

Punters, Zoltan Mesko, who put up numbers in the combine that would be great for many defensive players. However, his punting career was short lived.

Kickers, Matt Bahr, who at times used the head start Kickers used to have over the rest of the coverage unit to make early attempted tackles. Bahr is the guy who was eventually replaced by kicking legend Adam Vinatieri.

Receivers, (not counting special teams aces listed as receivers) there is the bane of NFL defenders, Hines Ward.

Of course, we know of these guys for being the exceptions, rather than the rule.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Even though I’m a Chiefs fan… Las Vegas Raiders. At their most successful, they’ve had an iconography similar to the Cowboys, something I think a good marketing team could exploit if they get back to the Super Bowl and their new location in Vegas. Plus, Al Davis has been gone long enough (and his competent years as well) that any sustained success would be appreciated by the fanbase; his son really doesn’t cast a shadow worth being afraid of.

Coach? Eric Bienemy. Right off the bat. No question. General Manager? I’ll confess I don’t know, so I’d probably seek aid in finding them. I ain’t doing it, because I ain’t got that kind of skill set.

Yes, you’re stuck in a division with both Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert… but I figure that also means that even just becoming a persistent thorn in their side would elevate the franchise’s reputation again.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Why move them? To like a better market?
    Mainly to change the name but I forgot we have Washington getting ready to have a new name. So I changed to them.

I like the Bengals, FWIW, and the name ... they really just need better management. I want them to get there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Wanna go in on an ownership group together? LOL.
    Heck yes! Maybe the ticket sales can recoup your losses due to ass cancer treatment from the upcoming Trump 2024 run? We could also run a spoiler campaign with the tagline, "At least we own a NFL team."
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-16-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Taking over a successful team is easy. Those teams are the ones like we see that are mega successful like the Patriots , Cowboys , etc. But If I was a very rich owner I'd want to take over a team and create my own legacy of winning. The Patriots under Robert Kraft is that example. We have to remember New England was a **** franchise for years. Before Kraft arrived the team was very bad.

In fact the Patriots from 1989 to 1992 was 14-50 in that span. The ownership of the Patriots was complete chaos in this span from 1989 to 1994 as the Sullivan family sold the team to Victor Kiam , then the team was sold to James Orthwein (who wanted to move the team to St. Louis) and once Robert Kraft stepped in and staged a hostile takeover deal (he was gonna enforce the lease unless Orthwein sold to him) to really make the team become what we saw.

So I'd take over the Bengals. Likely pay the $2 billion the franchise is worth according to Forbes and set about making changes.

-

- I would hire a huge staff of scouts. Expand the scouting era needed in the team. A big knock is Mike Brown is so cheap his team doesn't have the huge scouting other teams have. So that would be fixed 1st by me.

- I would likely pursue John Dorsey as GM. He's likely the best candidate sitting at home and would be a good GM to hire. A big reason is a lot of the players on the Browns and Chiefs came under him as General Manager. So I'd go for him as a hire.

- Coaching wise I'd hire Doug Pederson who can work the west coast system and run a lot of what KC does as we see with the players the Bengals have.

- With Joe Burrow , Chase at WR and Joe Mixon at RB this is a team with the great offensive pieces there. Just gotta build a defense and have Dorsey do that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    For QBs known to be a bit tough, we can go back to Jeff Hostetler, who once tried to bulldoze through Ronnie Lott (I can't remember exactly well he did but anything better than 'got humiliated' is notable). But Jeff played linebacker on college, he could get away with that stuff.

Punters, Zoltan Mesko, who put up numbers in the combine that would be great for many defensive players. However, his punting career was short lived.

Kickers, Matt Bahr, who at times used the head start Kickers used to have over the rest of the coverage unit to make early attempted tackles. Bahr is the guy who was eventually replaced by kicking legend Adam Vinatieri.

Receivers, (not counting special teams aces listed as receivers) there is the bane of NFL defenders, Hines Ward.

Of course, we know of these guys for being the exceptions, rather than the rule.
    I'll add Jay Feely and Neil Rackers to the list of kickers who I remember being decent tacklers on kickoffs.