Page 112 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That’s all well and good, but Darth Hoodie’s coaching tree hasn’t exactly been rife with success.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They all want to be Belichick and not realize ....they can't be him. Vrabel seems to be doing the best job not trying to be Bill Belichick. Bill O'Brien did well at the start but once he pushed the GM out he too believed he was Belichick. Of course O'Brien lost a power struggle behind the scenes and the guy running that team believes he too is Bill Belichick and running the organization like complete garbage. All while the owner is happy to watch it turn to garbage.

But thus far Vrabel seems to be the smartest guy.
    This nonsense has to stop.

I think the coaching tree that produced Nick Saban, Pat Hill, & Kirk Ferentz as well as 17 currently serving coordinators/assistants should get a little more credit than it deserves. I just read an article that 13 current HC in the NFL are from Belichick offshoots. I'll see if I can find it again.

Bill O'Brien was moderately good as a HC but a sucky GM. Al Groh was pretty good, too. Schwartz realized he was a crappy HC and went back to coordinating. He's killed it since leaving.

Judge inherited a shitshow as did Flores. Vrabel might turn out to be good. Time will tell if they suck or not.

His Sith Lords aren't being groomed to perform head coaching duties; they're performing their jobs as position coaches and coordinators. And a fare number of them go off and have good careers. Not everyone is going to be or wants to be a HC.

In 2018, 28 of 32 head coaches were tied to Parcels and Belichick.

For every Saban or Hill there will always be another Weis and Mangini. For every O'Brien or Groh there will be a Patricia and Crennel.

Parcells produced Bill & Payton but also some real clunkers, too, like Anthony Lynn and many others.

His tree is wide and deep but not every branch is lush. Some are friggin' missing, lol!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-17-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well in news that will replace Teddy Bridgewater in effort department...

According to reports Pittsburgh coaches were not happy with Dwayne Haskins during the game on Sunday. Haskins spent time dressed finally throwing bad practice throws and being on his cellphone.

Its claimed the coaches called this lazy and were discussing it.
    Goes back to the wisdom of not drafting QBs from Ohio State, or RBs from Penn State. It's a long line of busts that Playboy magazine even envies.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    This nonsense has to stop.

I think the coaching tree that produced Nick Saban, Pat Hill, & Kirk Ferentz as well as 17 currently serving coordinators/assistants should get a little more credit than it deserves. I just read an article that 13 current HC in the NFL are from Belichick offshoots. I'll see if I can find it again.

Bill O'Brien was moderately good as a HC but a sucky GM. Al Groh was pretty good, too. Schwartz realized he was a crappy HC and went back to coordinating. He's killed it since leaving.

Judge inherited a shitshow as did Flores. Vrabel might turn out to be good. Time will tell if they suck or not.

His Sith Lords aren't being groomed to perform head coaching duties; they're performing their jobs as position coaches and coordinators. And a fare number of them go off and have good careers. Not everyone is going to be or wants to be a HC.

In 2018, 28 of 32 head coaches were tied to Parcels and Belichick.

For every Saban or Hill there will always be another Weis and Mangini. For every O'Brien or Groh there will be a Patricia and Crennel.

Parcells produced Bill & Payton but also some real clunkers, too, like Anthony Lynn and many others.

His tree is wide and deep but not every branch is lush. Some are friggin' missing, lol!
    I know you aren't talking strictly about head coaches here, but I looked them up.

The USS Parcels also produced Coughlin, so two Super Bowl winning head coaches including Payton. And then there is that scrappy Belichick guy, also in the Parcels tree. Are there any winning head coaches originating from the Belichick tree? I don't think so.

In terms of pure numbers, most Super Bowl winning head coaches since the Parcels era aren't tied to either Parcells/Belichick. Even though DH is clearly the most successful. Interestingly Andy Reid has one Super Bowl winning head coach in his tree. Could he be the next Parcels, in terms of long-term successful influence of head coaches? Belichick seems like he's not going to be that guy.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-18-2021 at 12:16 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Goes back to the wisdom of not drafting QBs from Ohio State, or RBs from Penn State. It's a long line of busts that Playboy magazine even envies.

Justin Fields was just the latest one in 2021 so we shall see how it goes there. But here is a list of some Ohio State QB's drafted...

- Art Schlichter (1982)
    - Dwayne Haskins (2019)
    - Joe Germaine (4th rd 1999)
    - Bobby Hoying (3rd rd 1996)
    - Mike Tomczak (Undrafted 1985)

The guy who has more success in NFL will shock people who played QB at Ohio State. It was... Tom Tupa. The guy was a QB and Punter who made it in NFL for being an all-pro punter. Tupa was a 3rd rd draft pick in 1988 and would actually start some games as QB in his 18 seasons ! (he threw for 3,400+ yards and 12 TD's and 25 Ints in that 18 season span while being an all-pro punter)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I know you aren't talking strictly about head coaches here, but I looked them up.

The USS Parcels also produced Coughlin, so two Super Bowl winning head coaches including Payton. And then there is that scrappy Belichick guy, also in the Parcels tree. Are there any winning head coaches originating from the Belichick tree? I don't think so.

In terms of pure numbers, most Super Bowl winning head coaches since the Parcels era aren't tied to either Parcells/Belichick. Even though DH is clearly the most successful. Interestingly Andy Reid has one Super Bowl winning head coach in his tree. Could he be the next Parcels, in terms of long-term successful influence of head coaches? Belichick seems like he's not going to be that guy.
    Probably so.

Belichick's tree is definitely not gilded. Yet Saban, Hill, and Ferentz are pretty dang good in that sense.
    I don't think it tarnishes him one bit. I just don't think it is a good argument to say his tree is terrible when if you actually take the time to map it out, it is one of the biggest ones and has some pretty big success stories. And most of Big Tuna's fish didn't produce till later. Still time for Darth Hoodie's little Sith Lords.

Speaking of Reid ... Isn't he from the Holmgren tree? That's a tree where most of the offshoots are better than the OG. Makes for another good debate IMHO.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-18-2021 at 01:43 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Probably so. Belichick's tree is definitely not gilded. Yet Saban, Hill, and Ferentz are pretty dang good in that sense.
    I don't think it tarnishes him one bit. I just don't think it is a good argument to say his tree is terrible when if you actually take the time to map it out, it is one of the biggest ones and has some pretty big success stories.

Speaking of Reid ... Isn't he from the Holgrem tree? That's a tree where most of the offshoots are better than the OG. Makes for another good debate IMHO.

Yes Andy Reid is from the Holmgren Tree. He was an Assistant offensive line coach and TE Coach from 1992-1996. He then became a QB's coach and assistant head coach in 1997-1998. Its what got him the Philadelphia job that began his career.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I'm really pumped up for the Cowboys at Chiefs this weekend.

Well in news that will replace Teddy Bridgewater in effort department...

According to reports Pittsburgh coaches were not happy with Dwayne Haskins during the game on Sunday. Haskins spent time dressed finally throwing bad practice throws and being on his cellphone.

Its claimed the coaches called this lazy and were discussing it.
    Justin Fields was just the latest one in 2021 so we shall see how it goes there. But here is a list of some Ohio State QB's drafted...

- Art Schlichter (1982)
    - Dwayne Haskins (2019)
    - Joe Germaine (4th rd 1999)
    - Bobby Hoying (3rd rd 1996)
    - Mike Tomczak (Undrafted 1985)

The guy who has more success in NFL will shock people who played QB at Ohio State. It was... Tom Tupa. The guy was a QB and Punter who made it in NFL for being an all-pro punter. Tupa was a 3rd rd draft pick in 1988 and would actually start some games as QB in his 18 seasons ! (he threw for 3,400+ yards and 12 TD's and 25 Ints in that 18 season span while being an all-pro punter)
    Add Cardale Jones, Terrell Pryor, and Troy Smith to that list of busts.

Add Cardale Jones, Terrell Pryor, and Troy Smith to that list of busts.
    For awhile it seemed like Pryor would work as a WR. That his career seemed to change like Tupa's had. He had a 1,000+ yard season in Cleveland in 2016 and your thinking...ok this guy could become a solid WR and be a 10 year starter that way ! Instead after 2016 he never had 300 yards receiving from 2017-2019.

Antonio Brown has been accused of having a fake vaccine card.

I don't know if it is true or not, but would anyone really be surprised if he did indeed get a fake card?

Still, the NFL needs to start cracking down and I mean cracking down hard on this stuff. Willfully violate any kind of Covid protocol...done for the season. Fuck these idiots!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

A fake COVID card is a federal crime.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Antonio Brown has been accused of having a fake vaccine card.

I don't know if it is true or not, but would anyone really be surprised if he did indeed get a fake card?

Still, the NFL needs to start cracking down and I mean cracking down hard on this stuff. Willfully violate any kind of Covid protocol...done for the season. Fuck these idiots!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A fake COVID card is a federal crime.
    I'm not at all surprised that the story is out there because, and this is real...

AB asked his personal chef to get a fake card from his girlfriend. AB has a long, LONG history of stiffing people on bills he racks up. He owed this personal chef more than $10,000... which is why he dropped a dime to let the press know AB is running around with a fake card that he acquired from through some means with his girlfriend and showed it off to the chef. They originally asked the chef if he could get them one, and he didn't know how to even start to get such a thing.

Mind you, this could land his girlfriend in jail for some time as well, given that federal crime. The NFL already discussed at the owners' meetings that this would fall under their personal conduct policy and was supposed to be scrutinizing the cards and looking for fakes.

Which, given that they were asleep at the switch on the Aaron Rodgers situation, not surprised that they missed AB's dupe card.

I don't think I've ever seen Matt Ryan as rattled as he is tonight. Belichek and the Patriots' defense have shut him out for 55 minutes, and are looking to run the clock out now, leading 16-0. The Pats' defense has shut out teams allowing 0 points on their past 17 drives.

But Matt Ryan... the former MVP has been throwing his helmet around, swearing at himself, his receivers... I have never seen him this frustrated at any point during his career.

With 2 minutes left, the Falcons bench Matt Ryan, already with a gimpy foot, for Josh Rosen.

Rosen goes 1/3 for 5 yards, with his third throw being a pick six.

Atlanta puts in third stringer Feleipe Franks with a minute left.

Immediately throws an INT.

Yeesh.

With 2 minutes left, the Falcons bench Matt Ryan, already with a gimpy foot, for Josh Rosen.

Rosen goes 1/3 for 5 yards, with his third throw being a pick six.

Atlanta puts in third stringer Feleipe Franks with a minute left.

Immediately throws an INT.

Yeesh.
    I saw that 3 different Falcons QBs threw 4 INTs in 10 minutes.