Page 113 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3509

So the Falcons scored a field goal on their opening drive against the Cowboys on Sunday, couldn't score the rest of the game, and now have gone another entire game without scoring. 3 points in 2 games, with a 7 scoreless quarters and counting streak going. Somebody is going to be on the hot seat for that-coordinator, position coach, head coach, player, not sure who, but somebody is likely the fall guy with 10 days before they play the Jaguars, now is the time to make some kind of change if they are going to.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm not at all surprised that the story is out there because, and this is real...

AB asked his personal chef to get a fake card from his girlfriend. AB has a long, LONG history of stiffing people on bills he racks up. He owed this personal chef more than $10,000... which is why he dropped a dime to let the press know AB is running around with a fake card that he acquired from through some means with his girlfriend and showed it off to the chef. They originally asked the chef if he could get them one, and he didn't know how to even start to get such a thing.

Mind you, this could land his girlfriend in jail for some time as well, given that federal crime. The NFL already discussed at the owners' meetings that this would fall under their personal conduct policy and was supposed to be scrutinizing the cards and looking for fakes.

Which, given that they were asleep at the switch on the Aaron Rodgers situation, not surprised that they missed AB's dupe card.
    For sure the league is going to come down on Brown like a ton of anvils and suspend him, maybe even kick him out. Thing is, when that does happen, someone's bound to whine that Brown got hit harder because he's black while Aaron Rodgers got a slap on the wrist because he's white. Even though Brown committed the more serious offense, that won't stop conspiracy nuts from bringing racism into the conversation.

With 2 minutes left, the Falcons bench Matt Ryan, already with a gimpy foot, for Josh Rosen.

Rosen goes 1/3 for 5 yards, with his third throw being a pick six.

Atlanta puts in third stringer Feleipe Franks with a minute left.

Immediately throws an INT.

Yeesh.
    No kidding, and in prime time to boot. That's the sort of embarrassing debacle which gets head coaches fired.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Reportedly last night's game was played with that partial eclipse happening that was scheduled to last for 3 hours and 28 minutes. At least that's what my local news said on the air this morning.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Last's nights game was unwatchable. Not because of how the Falcons played. But because man the announcers and talking heads could not go more then 1 minute in the game with out bringing up that super bowl game. OMG I get a couple times but I stopped counting after they brought it up either in a graphic/highlight package or in passing by the commentators 13 times by half time. And that does not count the pregame halftime show second half and post game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Last's nights game was unwatchable. Not because of how the Falcons played. But because man the announcers and talking heads could not go more then 1 minute in the game with out bringing up that super bowl game. OMG I get a couple times but I stopped counting after they brought it up either in a graphic/highlight package or in passing by the commentators 13 times by half time. And that does not count the pregame halftime show second half and post game.
    Its kinda hard to not discuss the game and how it impacted both teams. With the directions both teams took after that wild comeback. Its like a tale of 2 franchises. Atlanta sadly has never recovered from it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its kinda hard to not discuss the game and how it impacted both teams. With the directions both teams took after that wild comeback. Its like a tale of 2 franchises. Atlanta sadly has never recovered from it.
    Yea I get talking about it. A couple times. Show the package in the pregame. Do the talk. But man it does not need to be brought up sooo much. Like I said 3 times before half. All the talk in the pregame, all the talk at halftime, the post game. I mean we all know what happened. Doesnt need to be beaten into us. Didnt need it brought up when a receiver who was not even on the team at the time dropped a pass.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-19-2021 at 06:18 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, the former... is not a color commentator known for being "with it" in terms of what's going on in pop culture.

Like, the camera cut to Young Thug being in the crowd in the second half and I'm like, "They have no idea who that is."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, the former... is not a color commentator known for being "with it" in terms of what's going on in pop culture.

Like, the camera cut to Young Thug being in the crowd in the second half and I'm like, "They have no idea who that is."
    I hate myself for Defending Joe Buck but I really have no idea who he was either.

It doesn't help kill the curse when you lose a historic SB after giving up a 25 point lead to then get shutout by same team to the tune of 25.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I hate myself for Defending Joe Buck but I really have no idea who he was either.
    His daddy Jack probably watched The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show back in 1964 and wondered who those mop topped hippies were.

Looks like Cam Newton is going to get the start at QB Sunday for the Panthers.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

WR Amari Cooper will miss the next 2 Cowboys games after testing positive for COVID-19, and must miss a minimum of 10 days because he is unvaccinated. This means he is out Sunday and Thanksgiving Day minimum, but could be back for the Saints game.

-M

Chicago Bears Khalil Mack will have season-ending foot surgery and miss the rest of the season.

-M

Seahawks RB Chris Carson also has undergone surgery and will miss the rest of the season. At 3-6, they just got Russell Wilson back, but face a "must win" against Arizona on Sunday.

They will likely need to win 7 of their last 8 games to make the playoffs.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Saints RB Alvin Kamara is out for tomorrow's game against the Eagles due to a knee injury. Without Kamara and Trevor Siemian lining up under center, this might be the best chance Philly has to finally win their first home game this season. In fact, the last time the Birds won a home game was December 13th of 2020 against....New Orleans in Jalen Hurts' debut. Can lightning strike twice? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.