Page 114 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3509
    Fantastic Member

Weird question, why do you root for the team that you do? For me, it is because my parents were Steeler fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Weird question, why do you root for the team that you do? For me, it is because my parents were Steeler fans.
    My dad took me to Kansas City games when I was a kid… and Missouri and Kansas are among those states where you can definitively say the professional team is much more popular than the college teams, and Arrowhead is a loud, fun place to visit.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Saints RB Alvin Kamara is out for tomorrow's game against the Eagles due to a knee injury. Without Kamara and Trevor Siemian lining up under center, this might be the best chance Philly has to finally win their first home game this season. In fact, the last time the Birds won a home game was December 13th of 2020 against....New Orleans in Jalen Hurts' debut. Can lightning strike twice? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
    I think Eagles have a good shot tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they can run the ball on the Saints top rated run defense. Now that they run the ball that is... And run it very effectively at that.

I started rooting for Dallas because they were really good in the 70's. I was about 5 or 6. I've always loved football.

I pull for 2 teams. An Afc team and an NFC team. On AFC The Bengal. Home town team and I love them pretty simple.

For NFC the Saints. When I lived in New Orleans I went to a Saints game. The Crowd was amazing, they were all very kind to me. And when I went to some bars to watch games when I couldnt get tickets it was a lot of fun. I never seen a crowd like that. So with just how welcoming the town was and how great the fans were they have a place in my heart.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I have been a Green Bay Packers fan since Super Bowl I. I grew up in Miami and had season tickets for the Dolphins when I was in High School, including '72.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Arizona, because they're local, and I'm apparently a masochist.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

My dad was stationed in the Dallas area during the Dallas Texans inaugural season and followed them from their start. As a wee lad in the 70s, I used to watch Cowboys games with him during the Staubach area (though my dad was a fan of dandy Don Meredith). I remember them drafting Dorsett and he became my favorite player as a kid (okay maybe second behind Bill Bates, a safety both my dad and I were a fan of due to his reckless play and big hits). I loved running backs in general as Walter Payton was my favorite non-Cowboy player. I suffered through the Danny White era in my high school years and the really bad years at the tail end of the Landry era, though was still mad when Landry got replaced. I became a huge fan of Emmett Smith, continuing my fandom of great running backs. I kind of checked out during the Parcells years (I despise the Giants, they are my least favorite team and couldn't get behind Parcells being with the Cowboys), this was also when I quit playing fantasy football with my university friends and I kind of went cold turkey with the NFL for a few years. I drafted back during the Romo years and have followed them since, but nowhere near the level I used to, and am much more of a casual fan these days. part of it fueled by my dislike of the NFL as an organization as a whole these days, though I still enjoy the game itself.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I live in Philadelphia and I root for the Eagles because they’re my hometown team. Nothing more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I think Eagles have a good shot tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they can run the ball on the Saints top rated run defense. Now that they run the ball that is... And run it very effectively at that.
    By the way, Miles Sanders, out for the last four games was cleared to play, so he’ll be a welcome reinforcement for the Birds’ suddenly potent running game tomorrow.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Yeah, same as many. Grew up in New England, so Boston teams are the default unless you're looking to be a contrarian or a bandwagoner. I did enjoy (well, watched) the Pats before Kraft/Bledsoe/Parcells came along and long before Brady/Belichick. It's been a fun arc upwards for some time. Got lucky, as far as local sports teams are concerned.

Apropos of this, my two teams are both on at 1:00 here in NY. The Phins are playing the Jets and GB is playing the Vikings. I only get to see Miami 3 or 4 times a season, so of course there is a Green Bay game opposite. I guess I will be flipping back and forth a lot.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Yeah, same as many. Grew up in New England, so Boston teams are the default unless you're looking to be a contrarian or a bandwagoner. I did enjoy (well, watched) the Pats before Kraft/Bledsoe/Parcells came along and long before Brady/Belichick. It's been a fun arc upwards for some time. Got lucky, as far as local sports teams are concerned.
    I grew up in Southern New England (Connecticut) and in the 70s it was mostly Giants territory, with only people in the northern part of the state even acknowledging the Pats existence. There was also a lot of sentiment then that the AFC teams were pretenders to the NFL, as many of the adults I knew still didn't like the AFL merger with the NFL only a few years before. I didn't have an affinity for either NY team (as I stated above I despise the Giants and well the Jets are the Jets), and the Pats were simply an afterthought not a team to root for where we were at. If my dad hadn't been a Cowboys fan from his time in Dallas, I am not sure I would have had a team to follow or been much of a football fan at all. Even with that, I was a bigger fan of the Red Sox and the (then) New England Whalers than I was of the Cowboys or football. The only NY team I liked at all were the Cosmos because of Pele (I had a Pele lunch box in 2nd grade), and I never cared much for the NBA at all even though the Celtics were a New England team (though my dad was a fan of the Russell era Celts). The first time I really noticed the Pats was when they got slaughtered by the Bears in the Super Bowl, and that didn't provide much incentive to root for them or become a fan. The Parcels factor was another reason I never rooted for the Pats even though I came from New England (if he could get me to ignore my Cowboys, I wasn't going to jump on another team he was affiliated with).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Former Raiders fullback Steve Smith has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Eagles draw first blood against New Orleans after an interception of Trevor Siemian for a 7-0 lead.

Startling first half scores:

Colts whacking Buffalo 24-7
    Vikings surprising Green Bay 16-3
    Texans blanking Tennessee 12-0