Page 126 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3509

Brady went to a championship ready team that only needed a great QB, and he proved he was a great QB. Belichik is proving he doesn't need a great QB to win. (maybe not the whole enchilada, but this year they are a top team with a Rookie).
    Belichik or Brady? The answer, as always, is both.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Brady went to a championship ready team that only needed a great QB, and he proved he was a great QB. Belichik is proving he doesn't need a great QB to win. (maybe not the whole enchilada, but this year they are a top team with a Rookie).
    Belichik or Brady? The answer, as always, is both.
    Bill B is a great coach. But it has to be in his mind he has to win it all with someone other then Brady. If he doesnt even get to the Super Bowl I think it will leave a little doubt in just how good he really is. If doesnt at least make it back it will always be. yes he is a HOF coach, but would he be with out Brady getting him the rings, I mean he couldnt even make it back without Brady.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-29-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Some coaches there is no debate that all of their success was because of the QB. Look at Green Bay and Mike McCarthy. No way he gets his ring without Rodgers. And the fact he is where he is at in Dallas with Dak who is not a bad QB at all shows this. it is so telling that pretty much every one from the big time talking heads to the Vegas odds makers thing The Cowboys have a better chance with Mike M not calling the shots on the sideline Thursday. And if you get a Cowboy brave or dumb enough to be honest they would say the same thing.

The Jury for me is out on just how good Payton is and how much of it was Brees.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that Jalen Hurts is iffy for this coming Sunday’s return to the Meadowlands to face the Jets due to an injured ankle. Barring a clean bill of health, Eagles fans could be seeing Gardner Minshew starting.
    NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

I picked the Eagles this week ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No McCaffrey, and Cam’s a shot fighter. If the Panthers fall out of contention, and they probably will, does head coach Matt Rhule get the itch to return to college?
    If Rhule could win at Baylor, he could win at Oklahoma...

At least, he will until they go to the SEC and face much tougher competition.

Starting to think Rhule's going to Oklahoma or LSU, and he and the Panthers are going to politely sever ties after the season so it can happen.
    b
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

My big question for the Panthers next season is what they do about QB? Ruhle is not even a question for me because I wrote that off as a So Long And Thanks For All The Fish in the off season any way.

But does the front office think that Cam or Darnold are going to be the top guy?

BANNED

Pats fan here, and while I do love the fact that my Pats are playing way better than expected (I had them pegged at 9-8 and missing the playoffs preseason) I'm pessimistic that we maintain this level of play. Don't get me wrong, watching us go from 2-4 to now 8-4 and seeing this defense play has been a lot of fun. But our wins did come against the Jets (twice), the Texans, the Falcons (without Calvin Ridley or Cordarelle Patterson, surprise MVP candidate), a Chargers team that may be overrated, a Panthers team with a hurt Darnold and a McCaffrey getting up to speed (sad, but sadly not unexpected, news by the way), the Browns with a hurt Baker and no OBJ or Chubb or Hunt, and now a Titans team missing Henry, Julio, and AJ Brown. We've had as much luck as any team in the league. We've capitalized on it, but it's still a lot of things falling our way.

Now we have the Bills twice and the also surprisingly good Colts who have what appears to be the best young RB in the league to go against a rush defense that allowed 270 yards on the ground without a Derrick Henry. If we can grab two of those I'll feel ecstatic. One, think we have a legit shot at the playoffs but it'll be close. It won't surprise me if we lose them all. And no shame either, great teams. Still think we'll get to 10 wins now, and for a rebuilding franchise with the 5th QB taken in the draft that's not bad. And if we make the playoffs, who knows?

Incredible Member

Damn Russell; what happened to

LOL

Seattle is now 3-8 and would be jockeying with the Jets for a spot in the draft - except that the Jets hold Seattle's 1st round pick! Its possible the Jets could end up with the fourth and fifth picks. Not that it will help them.

What happened to Seattle. and Wilson.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-29-2021 at 09:47 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Rhule could win at Baylor, he could win at Oklahoma...

At least, he will until they go to the SEC and face much tougher competition.

Starting to think Rhule's going to Oklahoma or LSU, and he and the Panthers are going to politely sever ties after the season so it can happen.
    b
    Cross off LSU. Brian Kelly bolted Notre Dame for the bayou. It's been speculated that Lincoln Riley left Oklahoma for USC because he feared getting his head beat in while playing in the SEC. Would Ruhle still take the Sooners job? Probably. Could he take over in South Bend? Maybe.

Meanwhile, back in the pros, with the 5-6 Deadskins, having played one less game are technically ahead of my 5-7 Eagles in the Wild Card race.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-30-2021 at 04:12 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Except for the NFC West, the other NFC divisions all have only one team over 500.

In the AFC, all divisions have at least 2 teams vieing for the top.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Except for the NFC West, the other NFC divisions all have only one team over 500.

In the AFC, all divisions have at least 2 teams vieing for the top.
    The you have the AFC west where everyone is 6-5 except the Chiefs who are 7-4
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Cowboys floundering, Football Team ascending, Eagles doing whatever the hell it is that they do.

All three have almost nothing but divisional games down the stretch. Its gonna be a bloodbath! But it really looks like the WFT is the team of destiny this year. Not that destiny in the NFC least takes you to all that amazing of a place.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I know it's early to be making such declarations, but, could the best quarterback out of this year's rookie class be....Mac Jones? Think about it, Trevor Lawrence hasn't exactly set the world on fire in Jacksonville, Trey Lance is currently riding the bench in Frisco, Justin Fields has gone through growing pains in Chicago, and Zach Wilson has bounced between mediocrity and bust with the Jets. Meanwhile, Jones, seen as an afterthought when he was picked late in the first round by New England is cruising right along with the AFC East leading Patriots and, from what I've seen, is playing better than any of the others. With Jones being molded like clay in the hands of Darth Hoodie and his padawan, Josh McDaniels, the kid could end up being the steal of the draft, perhaps even a budding star. Who saw THAT coming?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-30-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Cowboys floundering, Football Team ascending, Eagles doing whatever the hell it is that they do.

All three have almost nothing but divisional games down the stretch. Its gonna be a bloodbath! But it really looks like the WFT is the team of destiny this year. Not that destiny in the NFC least takes you to all that amazing of a place.
    Don't ask me what the Eagles are doing, I have zero idea.

As for the schedule, after this Sunday's game against the Jets, followed by the bye, we've got the Deadskins sandwiched between a rematch with the Giants, then the season finale at home against Dallas. I for one have NO idea how it will turn out. I really don't.