Page 13 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Ya I hope not. I do not want to see any team have to forfeit a game.
    Keep an eye on the Colts. While I don't what their vaccination rate is among players, coaches, front office staff or support personnel, but it's pretty much common knowledge QB Carson Wentz isn't vaccinated, so who knows what might happen in Indy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NFL Network in an update on the Saints reports that all 8 were vaccinated.

And contact tracing is complete, with results coming by Wednesday AM.

Sounds like they are dodging a bullet.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I am glad they got the shots. Should make the illness easier to deal with. At the end of the day I would hate a forfit but as long as everyone is okay in the end I could live with it. The sad thing is all of these break through cases are making it harder to convince the hold outs in the NFL to get the shot. We have a player here in Cincy, not one of our big guys but he refuses to get the shot and points out the break through cases as a why bother reason.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I agree. It’s not like quarterback is the last piece of the puzzle for a Bears Super Bowl run, because that’s not happening. Let Fields sit back and learn the system while Dalton gets his head beat in.
    Chicago and some NFL fans really want that Pat Mahomes type QB who will come in and save the franchise . That they feel will be the franchise QB who carries the team to a Super Bowl and be as great. But as we know the Bears have a lot of issues to fill like WR's , OL and TE to really help make them a contender. Fields will only do so much as a rookie and pushing him in before he's ready a whole game could expose him early and crack him before he can carry the team as needed.

Andy Reid didn't start Mahomes as a rookie. In fact people can pull up clips of Mahomes 1st training camp and Reid is on him. Instructing him and making him learn. He would say he was gonna be special ...once he learned. But he never pushed Pat Mahomes in because KC didn't need him to be there. Reid had a solid team around Alex Smith and was contending and let Smith teach Mahomes on the sidelines the season.

Even that final game where Mahomes came in and flashed his skill set (after raves at practices) , people questioned Reid starting the unproven Pat Mahomes in 2018. Before we saw what we had , Reid was grilled on this coaching move to trade Smith away but stuck to his guns.

Andy Reid looks like a genius now and will be in Hall of Fame at some stage. His career will be known for how he and team drafted a future Hall of Fame QB and how he brought him along. Matt Nagy if he wants the same success with Fields has to build a team around Dalton this year and let the pieces work for Fields later or next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm not a fan of the idea of putting the first round pick you want to develop into your franchise QB in for gimmick plays every now and again as a rookie. Either play him or don't yet.
    A number of QB's have done gadget plays. A few QB's starting out do a couple plays a game or get garbage time to come along. A difference with Lawrence , Wilson etc is that Fields needs the time to learn. Nagy doesn't want a repeat of Trubisky where he junked the learning game and not sitting him a year and rushed him out before he was ready. Trubisky never could learn the system fully . By making Fields sit , do a few plays a game for now he can let him learn and get a few real time snaps and grow to the game.

Maybe by the end of the season you let Fields start but he needs time to get things all the way. To be ready for the time coming. Plus the team needs to build a consistent base and be ready for Fields to be QB.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

So the Wild, Wild West seems to be strong in at least the first week of the NFL - both the NFC and AFC West went undefeated. Some of that was matchups, but someone of it was genuinely how scary the teams are from Kansas City over.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

If they have two negative tests prior to Sunday, they can return to the sidelines for the game.

I'd say that scenario would show how important it is to every team to get your people vaccinated.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This is a must win for the Patriots this Sunday against the Jets. Their schedule looks a lot tougher now that the Saints look legit (maybe) and then we all know what is coming week 4.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

If a couple of the sports shows can be believed Green Bay players are kind of pissed at Rodgers. After the interview on the loss and Rodgers said "We" couldnt get off the field it was 17-0 and we only ran 12 offensive plays. It seemed to many that he was passing the blame away from his own play and putting it on the defense.

Now are reports a few of the players are pissed that a man who focused on guest hosting a tv show and not showing up for preseason and work outs and team meetings is looking to shift blame on players who have been busting ass since day one.

Of course this could be just ratings bait by the morning shows. Or it could be the signs of a serious issue in Green Bay.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If a couple of the sports shows can be believed Green Bay players are kind of pissed at Rodgers. After the interview on the loss and Rodgers said "We" couldnt get off the field it was 17-0 and we only ran 12 offensive plays. It seemed to many that he was passing the blame away from his own play and putting it on the defense.

Now are reports a few of the players are pissed that a man who focused on guest hosting a tv show and not showing up for preseason and work outs and team meetings is looking to shift blame on players who have been busting ass since day one.

Of course this could be just ratings bait by the morning shows. Or it could be the signs of a serious issue in Green Bay.

I'd say this could be true in a sense. Rodgers is a solid QB but he can alienate players and even former ones from a story done the last decade. Players could be tired of the Aaron Rodgers Show of , what will piss him off at organization this week and how do we stay on his good side ? Once Rodgers is gone likely at end of 2021 season (rumors are Denver will go after him for 2022) your gonna see players open up a lot.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I believe Green Bay has some serious issue outside or Rodgers. He is the biggest issue but if this keeps going and they lose this coming week or play awful and more players come out speaking against Rodgers or the team then they are screwed.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It honestly hadn't occurred to me while watching video of the presser the other day that Rodgers (or, as I've come to call him, "Aaron the Pissy Packer") rolled his defense under the nearest Greyhound, then tromped on the gas. If this story wasn't just a case of ratings manufactured talk show controversy, then Green Bay could be in trouble, perhaps big trouble, especially if it looks like Rodgers has begun nuking bridges while on his farewell tour.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Rodgers really should have done the fake retirement thing and sat this season out. Talk about a poison pill.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Rodgers reminds me of how some QB's can't handle that growing QB behind them ready to take the job. Its really wild that we can point to how 2 QB's tied together , both handled the QB's drafted to learn and take their job eventually. Both men were drafted in same draft in 1st rd. Both were told they weren't gonna be starting QB's for the team at some stage ahead.

In Alex Smith's case he took this with stride. He had learned KC was gonna draft a QB and groom them and knew it would be someone. So as Mahomes and Reid praised him ; Smith welcomed Mahomes very well. He taught him how to work out and how to carry himself in things. Alex Smith knew he wasn't gonna be KC's starting QB likely in 2018 but its said he was good to Pat Mahomes and helped him learn. Both Reid and Mahomes have praised how good a man he was to do this. A fact Reid pushed to get Smith the best pay day and starting place. (KC got a better offer from Cleveland , yet didn't want to pay Smith a huge salary. Reid pushed Veach to do a trade for lesser value to get Smith paid in Washington)

Alex Smith never had the starting success of Aaron Rodgers. But he'll always be looked at by KC fans for how he started well in KC and helped a young Pat Mahomes his rookie season learn.

Lets compare this to Rodgers who has treated Jordan Love very cold. In fact its how Brett Farve seemed to react to his drafting and well you would think Rodgers would not want a young QB to undergo what he did those 2-3 seasons under Farve. Instead he seems to be doing the same exact treatment to Jordan Love. There is no tales of Rodgers taking Love under his wing to show him how to be a pro or teaching him in practice etc. The last year and now has been Rodgers being angry Love is there and its gotta be crap if your a young QB and the older veteran refuses to help you.

In all 2 different guys , 2 different approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rodgers reminds me of how some QB's can't handle that growing QB behind them ready to take the job. Its really wild that we can point to how 2 QB's tied together , both handled the QB's drafted to learn and take their job eventually. Both men were drafted in same draft in 1st rd. Both were told they weren't gonna be starting QB's for the team at some stage ahead.

In Alex Smith's case he took this with stride. He had learned KC was gonna draft a QB and groom them and knew it would be someone. So as Mahomes and Reid praised him ; Smith welcomed Mahomes very well. He taught him how to work out and how to carry himself in things. Alex Smith knew he wasn't gonna be KC's starting QB likely in 2018 but its said he was good to Pat Mahomes and helped him learn. Both Reid and Mahomes have praised how good a man he was to do this. A fact Reid pushed to get Smith the best pay day and starting place. (KC got a better offer from Cleveland , yet didn't want to pay Smith a huge salary. Reid pushed Veach to do a trade for lesser value to get Smith paid in Washington)

Alex Smith never had the starting success of Aaron Rodgers. But he'll always be looked at by KC fans for how he started well in KC and helped a young Pat Mahomes his rookie season learn.

Lets compare this to Rodgers who has treated Jordan Love very cold. In fact its how Brett Farve seemed to react to his drafting and well you would think Rodgers would not want a young QB to undergo what he did those 2-3 seasons under Farve. Instead he seems to be doing the same exact treatment to Jordan Love. There is no tales of Rodgers taking Love under his wing to show him how to be a pro or teaching him in practice etc. The last year and now has been Rodgers being angry Love is there and its gotta be crap if your a young QB and the older veteran refuses to help you.

In all 2 different guys , 2 different approaches.
    I have so much respect for Alex Smith. A friend of mine went to school with him and said he was always a stand up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I have so much respect for Alex Smith. A friend of mine went to school with him and said he was always a stand up guy.
    There's a reason Reid wanted to hire him back as a QB coach.
    Dark does not mean deep.