Page 135 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Mac Jones was on full display tonight in a great performance I never imagined I'd see. At one point he took over the game by ....throwing 3 total passes tonight !

This reminds me of this game back in 90s where it was a rain storm so bad KC basically ran the ball and used defense to kill Ryan Leaf . (This game seemed to decimate his career as he never recovered)

SI Twitter was hilarious about it tonight.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Maybe not worse than that. The Fog Bowl you couldn't see more than a few yards, so passes were impossible, fans saw almost nothing, and... hell, picture you're a safety and you have to creep to the line of scrimmage because you can't see what's even happening in the opposing backfield. You have to stay close to have any idea where the ball carrier is.

HELL YES. I found the NFL Films review of it on Youtube. The Sabols working their magic with game footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9U1BXdC1w
    The announcers were just as blind as they barely saw anything. I was in the Navy and stationed on a ship in Norfolk at the time and I was screaming bloody murder about what I saw, or rather, DIDN'T see on the screen as my Eagles came up short that day. Damned frustrating.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mac Jones was on full display tonight in a great performance I never imagined I'd see. At one point he took over the game by ....throwing 3 total passes tonight !

This reminds me of this game back in 90s where it was a rain storm so bad KC basically ran the ball and used defense to kill Ryan Leaf . (This game seemed to decimate his career as he never recovered)

Seeing the results of Josh Allen's passing I think Jones was given a better script to, ahem, run with. The Bills passed MORE, but I don't think it was better.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Seeing the results of Josh Allen's passing I think Jones was given a better script to, ahem, run with. The Bills passed MORE, but I don't think it was better.
    If a team can't stop another one from running as we saw ...repeatedly....its gonna be a long night. Buffalo has the pieces , its just stepping up when it matters like last night that hurt them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

A great quote about last night's Patriots win from a Yahoo! article said that the Patriots won a game in 2021 with an offense from 1921.

And this article (the full piece HERE) by Conor Orr on SI's website has this great section at the end:

"And there was Belichick after the game, in perfect deadpan, calling the weather “somewhat challenging.” At his best, he is so subtly evil in this way (even if the little jabs only exist in our imagination) and we have not been able to see him at the height of his powers in the post-Brady era. In the years prior to Buffalo’s revival and the teardown of the Patriot dynasty, Belichick could play three-dimensional chess with all teams in the division simultaneously. Watching a franchise try and compete with the Patriots, trying to draft players specifically to stop their best players, trying to hire coaches who could compete intellectually, was like observing an ant hill after it gets stepped on. Chaos. Dejection. Repeat.

Sean McDermott’s presence in the AFC East has halted the vicious cycle. While Buffalo won’t crumble entirely after a loss like this, they have a steep ascent ahead of them made more difficult with the baggage they’ll carry from Monday.

Meanwhile, Belichick reminded everyone that, even without the quarterback, or any quarterback, really, he is still a singular force the likes of which can upend a division like a gust of wind."
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

And it really came down to a missed field goal. It was a short shot, but the weather made it difficult. The Bills make this and then they hit another when it was 4th and goal on the next drive. They take the lead and have a good chance of winning. But they failed to get into the end zone twice and that was the game. Now that failure can either be credited to their own inability to execute, or NE's defense getting to Allen. (or both) But the interesting thing is this game did come down to one or two plays.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I remember watching a MNF in Chicago back in '94... Packers/Bears... and Chicago lost against Favre and crew in those wild conditions. HOWEVER...

The wind was enough that I saw a punt go up... and had its momentum altered so that it looked like it traveled about 20 yards... then the wind stopped it at that point and started blowing it back towards the line of scrimmage so the final distance the punt traveled was 9 yards. Like, YOU COULD SEE IT alter its path in the hangtime. Looked like something out of a Worms Armageddon video game.

My memory's pretty good... this video has the punt I'm thinking of at about the 9:35 mark of this video.

This game... so nuts. Brett Favre had no passes completed in the first half, there were no passing yards for Green Bay... yet they led 14-0 because Erik Kramer and the Bears kept turning it over. Bryce Paup was having a career day. If you loved terrible weather games, this was one for the ages.
    Goddamn, those were some bad uniforms.

On my Pats, first off: *phew*. Like the 2nd Rams Super Bowl, it was an awful game to watch but I'll take the win. I didn't think we'd pull this one off, and I think the elements were as much of a factor as anything either team did, and we lucked out in some respects (though the Pats player who touched the ball and allowed it to be recovered by the Bills probably counters any lucky breaks we got, given that it scored their only touchdown), but goddamn it feels good to be up 2.5 games to the Bills. Granted, we're going to play them again. But this time the elements will likely be more favorable, and we'll be at home. I'll take those odds.

Don't want to get my hopes up, but it's been a fun run since the 2-4 start. Still want to see what happens with the Judon and Harris injuries, but we're going into the bye and prepping for the Colts so hopefully that'll give us time to recover. Looking pretty good to make a playoff appearance. Don't want to get ahead of myself beyond that. Rebuild year, rookie QB, still have the Colts, Bills, and a resurging Dolphins team that handed us one of those early losses so no guarantees. But feeling good at the moment, for sure.

The Dolphins have to go 3-1 for a winning season. They meet the Jets, Saints, Titans and Pats, so that is a tough road. The failings of the first half of the season is probably too much to overcome (7 straight losses). Their surging Defense and Tua coming into his own are positive signs.
    I think if anybody can game plan against their blitzing defense, it's belichik. And it will be a good test for Jones.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

If a team can't stop another one from running as we saw ...repeatedly....its gonna be a long night. Buffalo has the pieces , its just stepping up when it matters like last night that hurt them.
    I think the Bills don't have the pieces. They are 1-4 against winning teams.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Pats 9-4...WOW!!! No one saw this coming.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think the Bills don't have the pieces. They are 1-4 against winning teams.
    They just cant get it done when it matters. Everyone picked them to win the east and have a few years while the Pats were rebuilding. And The Pats shocked everyone with how they are doing and the Bills have just fallen apart against good teams. If all you beat are teams with losing records how can you build a dynasty?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Pats 9-4...WOW!!! No one saw this coming.
    I know I sure didn't. At best, I had the Pats winning seven games tops, but, Darth Hoodie has the Evil Empire running on all cylinders. Remarkable. Suddenly, Belichick has to be in the discussion for Coach of the Year because he's doing a hell of a job.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I have to say, what Belichik is doing this year is more impressive than what Brady did last year.

With the Lions win, the circle is now complete (via Reddit but I think this guy just stole it). Pick a team, any team, and go clockwise to find who they beat to complete the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Goddamn, those were some bad uniforms.
    This was the "throwback" week from 1994. NFL Started having throwback jersey games in '91. Bears are wearing jerseys from a 1924-25 kit, and the Packers... I believe that's their 1946 unis.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.