Page 144 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Odell Beckham, Jr. has tested positive for Covid. Article Link
    Yep. And the Rams were forced to enter the intensive protocols by the NFL. In a kind of related note, the entire state of California now has required masking up indoors for the next 30 days.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The NFL informed teams yesterday that the NFL Salary cap for 2022 will rise by $25 million for the 2022 season ! A lot of teams are happy as the cap will be projected to be $208+ million. A number of teams will be helped by this news as they are right against the current cap right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That means there are teams with 20% of their salary going to one player.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Baker and Head Coach Keven Stefanski have both tested positive for Covid.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Got an alert that 11 Deadskins players went into COVID protocols today. That certainly won’t help the team when they face my Eagles on Sunday.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-15-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Sources are reporting that Arizona Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins expected to miss rest of regular season with knee sprain.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Sources are reporting that Arizona Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins expected to miss rest of regular season with knee sprain.

-M
    Fans immediately are calling for Larry Fitzgerald to be signed to replace him for the home stretch, and honestly, it's not a terrible idea.

Assuming Larry does want to play right now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Urban Meyer reign of error is officially over in Jacksonville:

The Jacksonville Jaguars fired head coach Urban Meyer late Wednesday night amid a turbulent and tumultuous first season for Meyer in the NFL.

Jaguars offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell will be the interim head coach for the final four games of the regular season. Meyer, who was hired early this year to begin a new era in Duval, will finish 2-11 in his lone season at the helm.

"Darrell Bevell will serve as interim head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars for the balance of the 2021 season. Darrell succeeds Urban Meyer," Jaguars owner Shad Khan said in a statement. "After deliberation over many weeks and a thorough analysis of the entirety of Urban's tenure with our team, I am bitterly disappointed to arrive at the conclusion that an immediate change is imperative for everyone. I informed Urban of the change this evening. As I stated in October, regaining our trust and respect was essential. Regrettably, it did not happen.

"Trent Baalke continues as our general manager and will work with Darrell to ensure that our team will be inspired and competitive while representing Jacksonville proudly over our final four games of the season. In the spirit of closure and recharging our players, staff and fan base, I will not comment further until some point following the conclusion of the NFL season."
    This was said to have been the straw that broke owner Shad Khan's back:

Former Jacksonville Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo says Urban Meyer kicked him during preseason

Urban Meyer's woes continue. Former Jacksonville Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo has accused Meyer of kicking him during the preseason in August before he was released.

"I’m in a lunge position. Left leg forward, right leg back," Lambo told the Tampa Bay Times. "While I’m in that stretch position, (Meyer) comes up to me and says, 'Hey (expletive), make your (expletive) kicks!’ And kicks me in the leg."

He continued: "For a second, I couldn’t believe it actually happened… I said, 'Don’t you ever (expletive) kick me again!’ And his response was, 'I’m the head ball coach, I’ll kick you whenever the (expletive) I want.’"
    It would've been inappropriate for Meyer to have done that to a college kid, never mind a grown ass man. Incredible!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-16-2021 at 04:23 AM.

Of all the College coaches to fail in the NFL Meyer has to be in the hall of fame for Epic Fails. Not just the win loss record but his number of mess ups, the fights he got into with players and staff, the fact that he lost the locker room so fast! it is mind blowing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Urban Meyer reign of error is officially over in Jacksonville:

This was said to have been the straw that broke owner Shad Khan's back:

Former Jacksonville Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo says Urban Meyer kicked him during preseason

It would've been inappropriate for Meyer to have done that to a college kid, never mind a grown ass man. Incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Of all the College coaches to fail in the NFL Meyer has to be in the hall of fame for Epic Fails. Not just the win loss record but his number of mess ups, the fights he got into with players and staff, the fact that he lost the locker room so fast! it is mind blowing.
    I gotta admit , wanting to fight the kicker is perhaps the most zaniest , insane deal ever. I don't think I ever heard of a coach physically fighting a kicker on the team before.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

And you have to figure he'd do it to a kicker since they are usually the least physically imposing player on the roster. Can you imagine Meyer doing that to a defensive lineman? He'd get his ass kicked if the player had any balls.

And given how little regard kickers get for being "football" players, it's a little amusing to me that it is a kicker who takes down the Meyer shitshow. Now maybe the owner will grow up and hired a competent coach. Given everything Meyer did during what little time he was in Jacksonville, it is amazing that Khan waited this long.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He's the new Bobby Petrino.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Being serious here ...

The hiring of Urban Meyer after so many seasons was already one that people discussed could go bad due to health issues. Given that he had almost collapsed on the sidelines a few years ago and had to retire due to that. The man had won in college beyond his couple health scares that made him quit in Florida and Ohio State. Beyond 2 issues there (Florida players accused Meyer of making a toxic culture there where star players were treated better) and Ohio (he didn't act on a spousal abuse allegation on a coach on his staff) ...there was no issues really that made you go...wow what an abusive asshole.

He wasn't a Bobby Petrino who would sign extensions and tell the colleges how he was NEVER GONNA LEAVE and how he loved his job there. Beyond leaving smaller colleges to start his career like Bowling Green and Utah ; Meyer would have likely stayed at Florida before his 1 health scare. Then his health issues made him leave Ohio State.

But not every coach can do the NFL. One of the most famous coaches is Jimmy Johnson who did make it. And well...Jimmy was a demanding type coach who drove his players and 99% loved him for it. They had a love at how Jimmy would push them (without the assault lol). He could fire them up and get them worked up to play so well. A fact that when Johnson was gone and the easy going Switzer was there , Troy went off on how Barry wouldn't punish players. "Make em run laps til they fall down ! Jimmy would !" he yelled at Switzer.

A lot of coaches can't seem to control themselves in the NFL and not realizing they now have men , not boys they coach. Petrino , Spurrier and even the successful Jim Harbaugh had that same problem. Harbaugh even as a winning coach had lost players in the locker room because he couldn't realize he wasn't coaching boys in college and the players grew to be mad at this.

Meyers struggle could have been a typical 1st year rookie coach as well to start. Sure he got a lap dance from some lady in a bar who did that. Which he took flack over and would have blown over in time. Its just the stories of how he was treating players and coaches behind the scenes as he struggled with losing for the 1st time. Meyer has never really lost in College. His entire 17 year college career he never had a losing season. So he never really handled that til he came to NFL and maybe it was ego or something where he lost his mind on coaches and players as we saw.

With this entire deal its one of those...he just wasn't mentally ready for the NFL it appears. He had no idea what the job was and its not college for sure. So he just lost it completely and his actions showed it during season.

Which is kinda sad because had Meyer been able to be what he was in college....this team would have benefited. Instead he never got the NFL and lost his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    And you have to figure he'd do it to a kicker since they are usually the least physically imposing player on the roster. Can you imagine Meyer doing that to a defensive lineman? He'd get his ass kicked if the player had any balls.

And given how little regard kickers get for being "football" players, it's a little amusing to me that it is a kicker who takes down the Meyer shitshow. Now maybe the owner will grow up and hired a competent coach. Given everything Meyer did during what little time he was in Jacksonville, it is amazing that Khan waited this long.
    I look at that as the NFL's version of Al Capone having been brought down and sent to prison, not for murder or racketeering, but income tax evasion, something you never expected. Meyer's antics put him ahead of Bobby Petrino who skated out of Atlanta in the middle of the night without a word to the players after he decided the big boy league was too much for him to handle.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-16-2021 at 10:17 AM.