Page 145 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3509
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of Urban Meyer being a short tempered coach , Hall of Fame QB Otto Graham had a short coaching stint himself with Washington back in 1960's. Its here he literally wanted to get rid of his whole team due to losing. Its a funny story and Graham wasn't as bad as Meyer to physically assault a player. It speaks to a mindset of a former player who constantly won and suddenly couldn't seem to handle the losing aspect.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Meyer is shades of Bobby Knight from back in the day. Keep the fold-up chairs away from this man! I think Meyer needs to find a nice comfortable little hole to live in for the rest of his days, well away from sports.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Meyer is shades of Bobby Knight from back in the day. Keep the fold-up chairs away from this man! I think Meyer needs to find a nice comfortable little hole to live in for the rest of his days, well away from sports.
    Nahhh! The minute a high profile college job opens up, Meyer will prostitute himself to grab it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Urban Meyer reign of error is officially over in Jacksonville:

This was said to have been the straw that broke owner Shad Khan's back:

Former Jacksonville Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo says Urban Meyer kicked him during preseason

It would've been inappropriate for Meyer to have done that to a college kid, never mind a grown ass man. Incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Of all the College coaches to fail in the NFL Meyer has to be in the hall of fame for Epic Fails. Not just the win loss record but his number of mess ups, the fights he got into with players and staff, the fact that he lost the locker room so fast! it is mind blowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    He's the new Bobby Petrino.
    Ironically Petrino quit, rather than got fired... and had a better record in 13 games, at 3-10 versus Meyer's 2-11.

Meyer, statistically, is somehow worse. And perhaps has more controversy in the same amount of time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The thing is though Meyer was not fired because he yelled at his players and coaches, he did not get fired for kicking a player, because the owner knew about all of these things. But he seemed okay with it because we did not know those things. He kick Lambo back in August so nothing was done until the story broke yesterday. And with everything happening in such a public way it became too much to keep him. I think if these things had not become public Meyer would still have his job. because he still had it after each instance and after more and more things that kept pilling up. Meyer was not fired because of the type of person he is. I mean look at the stories about him from his college days. it was know just who he was.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It gets worse for the Browns as Case Keenum tests positive for Covid.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...itive-covid-19
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It gets worse for the Browns as Case Keenum tests positive for Covid.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...itive-covid-19
    Do we bring back the old Browns' "starting QB jersey" and add Nick Mullins to it?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kansas City won a thriller there those final minutes. It was a game where Mahomes , Hill and Kelce took it over. The Chargers were gassed and all 3 rocked it.

Chargers were so gassed by OT that Kelce catches a normal over the middle pass. He changes direction and is off to races for his 2nd TD.

Kelce became the 1st TE in NFL history to have 8 straight 1,000 yard seasons in his career.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Somebody tell the Chargers coach kicking field goals isn’t a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Kansas City won a thriller there those final minutes. It was a game where Mahomes , Hill and Kelce took it over. The Chargers were gassed and all 3 rocked it.

Chargers were so gassed by OT that Kelce catches a normal over the middle pass. He changes direction and is off to races for his 2nd TD.

Kelce became the 1st TE in NFL history to have 8 straight 1,000 yard seasons in his career.
    Another great Thursday night matchup. They've actually had some good ones that came down to the wire this year with playoff teams, instead of all garbage blowouts like some years.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Another great Thursday night matchup. They've actually had some good ones that came down to the wire this year with playoff teams, instead of all garbage blowouts like some years.
    Yeah, well worth staying up late for.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I missed it because I was out. I did here the Chargers passed on several FGs to go for it on 4th. Looks like they would have won with just one more FG. Was there any reports that their kicker was hurt?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I missed it because I was out. I did here the Chargers passed on several FGs to go for it on 4th. Looks like they would have won with just one more FG. Was there any reports that their kicker was hurt?
    They had an unfortunate TD drop on a 4th down from a player that got injured on landing, too. Any word on him? He was barely moving.

Lots of missed opportunities and unfortunate events on the Chargers side of things.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Staley was very aggressive last night. He went for it 5 times on 4th down. The problem is that they only converted 2 times.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    Somebody tell the Chargers coach kicking field goals isn’t a bad thing.
    Staley was very aggressive last night. He went for it 5 times on 4th down. The problem is that they only converted 2 times.
    That has become his trademark this year, FWIW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium