Page 146 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3509

Saw a report the WFT placed Tyler Heinecke in Covid-19 Protocols. This is one day after they did the same with backup QB Kyle Allen.

There's a chance neither are ready and back for Sunday, and the WFT will be forced to start Garrett Gilbert, who they just signed to their practice squad, on a few days' prep vs. Philadelphia.

Good news for those Eagles and WPP when it comes to his birds making the playoffs over Washington.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Saw a report the WFT placed Tyler Heinecke in Covid-19 Protocols. This is one day after they did the same with backup QB Kyle Allen.

There's a chance neither are ready and back for Sunday, and the WFT will be forced to start Garrett Gilbert, who they just signed to their practice squad, on a few days' prep vs. Philadelphia.

Good news for those Eagles and WPP when it comes to his birds making the playoffs over Washington.
    Yeah, I should be elated at the news. But, I have one reason I’m nervous, and it boils down to two words:

Joe. Webb.

Eleven years ago, a blizzard postponed the Eagles and Vikings game here in Philly, resulting in the game moved to a Tuesday night. Webb (no relation to Jack), a raw rookie filled in for an injured Brett Favre and bushwhacked the favored Birds 24-14. The 2021 Eagles haven’t exactly been world beaters this season, hell, they already lost to the four win, bottom feeding Giants, so I take nothing for granted when it comes to what might happen this Sunday against the Deadskins.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NFLPA trying to get Raiders-Browns game postponed

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    Interesting, boy that is a can of worms!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The NFLPA has even proposed canceling all games this weekend and pushing the season back by one week. This will be hard to do because two teams have already played.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    I got an alert from Bleacher Report that this game has been moved to Monday.

Apparently the Los Angeles Rams have 25 people on the Covid list.

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton has tested positive for Covid and won't be coaching in Sunday's game. Article Link

The Deshaun Watson case is back in the news after search warrants for his social media accounts were issued.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Just heard Eagles vs. Deadskins has been moved to Tuesday night because WFT (Washington Fucking Turds) couldn’t field enough players for Sunday’s game, so my squad ends up penalized because they’re doing all they can to mitigate the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just heard Eagles vs. Deadskins has been moved to Tuesday night because WFT (Washington Fucking Turds) couldn’t field enough players for Sunday’s game, so my squad ends up penalized because they’re doing all they can to mitigate the virus.
    Civid isnt really anyones fault right now a lot of teams are being hit.
    And it would have been fun to beat WFT while they are down but if you need the edge of beating Washington when they cant even field a proper team?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Apparently the Los Angeles Rams have 25 people on the Covid list.
    I really think the team did all they can do to prevent this, following the strict COVID protocols of the NFL and LA County and all but one player vaccinated. Postpone!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

What is funny is how mad the fans of the teams with out out breaks are getting. Eagles fans. Raiders fans. Like this is all being done to rig things so their teams lose.

The fact is on the Browns there is a huge out break and people are still testing positive today. The country is all on health and safety for Covid. But when it comes to your team maybe having less of a chance to win or giving up an edge because they are not playing a team full of 3rd stringers and practice squad guys we seem to forget we are still in a pandemic and want players who have been exposed to covid or heck may even have it to play so a game can be played. Lets put everyones health at risk so my team can maybe cover the spread.

Give me a break.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-17-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What is funny is how mad the fans of the teams with out out breaks are getting. Eagles fans. Raiders fans. Like this is all being done to rig things so their teams lose.

The fact is on the Browns there is a huge out break and people are still testing positive today. The country is all on health and safety for Covid. But when it comes to your team maybe having less of a chance to win or giving up an edge because they are not playing a team full of 3rd stringers and practice squad guys we seem to forget we are still in a pandemic and want players who have been exposed to covid or heck may even have it to play so a game can be played. Lets put everyones health at risk so my team can maybe cover the spread.

Give me a break.
    The thing is, most of those fans would be crying next week if the game was played on time then COVID hit their team because of it, and calling for their game to be postponed and its not fair for them to have to play with a short roster. To paraphrase a famous line form comics-Sports fans are a selfish and superstitious lot. The postponements are just about roster shortages, but keeping the spread form hitting the other teams involved. Look at what's happening in the NHL right now. Teams who were visitors in the facilities of teams that had outbreaks are getting decimated. Some teams have now had all their games until Christmas postponed and the facilities shut down to keep it from spreading. The Carolina Hurricanes had players who tested positive after playing Calgary become stranded in Canada because of it and had to arrange special transportation and permissions to bring them back to the US. But postponing a game a day or two is playing favorites and a secret plot against their teams. Okay...make sure you keep your tin foil hat on guys.

I've tried to keep sports talking heads tuned out for years. I am at the point where I am tuning out most sports fans as well. I just want to watch the games and follow actual news about them, not listen people babble and rant about it.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Postpone the whole season a week.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Give me a break.
    But it is so fun to bust on the Washington team with no name

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Postpone the whole season a week.
    In all seriousness they should postpone it at least a week. This **** is getting real. Yet again. Frustrating but may be needed.