Page 171 of 234 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3509
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    And Chief Wahoo will be all over FedEx Field! Every square inch will feature that mug!
    THIS Chief Wahoo?

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    THIS Chief Wahoo?

Nah were talking about the old Cleveland Indians mascot showing up all over the field...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

According to SI.com, the Buccaneers have yet to officially release Antonio Brown.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    According to SI.com, the Buccaneers have yet to officially release Antonio Brown.
    The move is now being seen 2 ways.

- By keeping Brown on roster they hold him from getting signed by a playoff team.

- The Bucs are afraid that Brown's claims of having a hurt ankle could see them challenged on it. So they wanna make sure it doesn't happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Washington Team Football is right there.
    Nah, they'll go for maximum confusion by calling it "The Washington Baseball Team", leaving everyone to try and watch them at the wrong time of year. That, or "Fred". Now that I think of it, Fred would be great. Of course, if they really wanted to go for it, they could go with "Alexa". The broadcasts would wreak havoc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The move is now being seen 2 ways.

- By keeping Brown on roster they hold him from getting signed by a playoff team.

- The Bucs are afraid that Brown's claims of having a hurt ankle could see them challenged on it. So they wanna make sure it doesn't happen.
    Given his little performance as he left, I'm guessing the team isn't too worried about it. Though I suppose its lucky he didn't tap dance and do a series of lunges as he left the field.

I heard of an interesting situation that could pop up in the AFC for the “Season Finale”:

If the Colts beat Jacksonville Sunday afternoon, that would mean the winner of the Chargers vs. Raiders game that night gets the last playoff slot

However….

If the Colts lose to the Jags (and Indy has had trouble with them), both Vegas and L.A. get in if their game ends in a tie

Should the second scenario come to pass, would Vegas and L.A. play hanky-panky for a tie? As much as fans got their panties in a bunch last year when Eagles head coach Doug Pederson ran in a third string QB, seemingly throwing the game against Washington, two teams intentionally screwing around in prime time would be nightmarish for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Given his little performance as he left, I'm guessing the team isn't too worried about it. Though I suppose its lucky he didn't tap dance and do a series of lunges as he left the field.
    It might not be his playing ability, but what he knows about the playbook.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It might not be his playing ability, but what he knows about the playbook.
    Ooh, good point, hadn't considered that one.

Apparently the Washington Football Team has narrowed down the name choices to the following options:

-Red Hogs
    -Defenders
    -Armada
    -Presidents
    -Brigade
    -Commanders
    -Red Wolves
    -Washington Football Team

This based on the Adam Schefter podcast. I kind of like Red Hogs.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boomer on his radio said the Admirals.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Apparently the Washington Football Team has narrowed down the name choices to the following options:

-Red Hogs
    -Defenders
    -Armada
    -Presidents
    -Brigade
    -Commanders
    -Red Wolves
    -Washington Football Team

This based on the Adam Schefter podcast. I kind of like Red Hogs.
    I think I heard that Red Wolves had been nixed because of copyright violations. As a retired Navy man, I like Armada myself.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Boomer on his radio said the Admirals.
    So they are moving away from any "Red" variation?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Admirals is not bad ... better than a lot of the other choices.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

None of those options really ring the bell for me. And the Admirals possibility is cartoonishly bad if you think of the haplessly bad Washington Generals of Harlem Globetrotters infamy.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.