Page 174 of 234 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like Antonio Brown is taking shots at Tom Brady now, implying the only reason Brady recruited him to TB was because he saw him as a sucker to make money off of by charging exorbitant fees for trainer Alex Guerrero services and that he was seeking to get his money back.

-M
    Damn very classy. Taking shots at the only guy who had your back.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like Antonio Brown is taking shots at Tom Brady now, implying the only reason Brady recruited him to TB was because he saw him as a sucker to make money off of by charging exorbitant fees for trainer Alex Guerrero services and that he was seeking to get his money back.

-M
    CTE or no, AB is definitely an A-hole. Stabbing the only person who stuck up for you in the back.

This is the end of his career. Nobody in any front office or locker room will trust him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yeah, I know. I nearly couldn't believe it when I read that. That's low.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of Bucs and Brown ...today the team announced his release , 24 hours after his statement of surgery he is gonna have on his ankle.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    CTE or no, AB is definitely an A-hole. Stabbing the only person who stuck up for you in the back.

This is the end of his career. Nobody in any front office or locker room will trust him.
    I’m doubtful. Somebody will ignore AB’s transgressions and give him yet ANOTHER chance. If Mike Vick got to restart his career after a stretch in prison for being mixed up in a dogfighting ring, then anything is possible.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I don't want to defend or support Antonio Brown, but it strikes me as the sort of behavior some people take when they're in a depression spiral and things are falling apart. They deliberately self-sabotage to get it over with. Attack the few who are still with them, do the sort of things you might expect them to. If there's any clarity at all there he knows Brady both 1. Doesn't need him (it's not like the last set of Patriots skill position players, the Buccs receivers would be the envy of any team) and 2. has consistently reached out to help him.

Extraordinary Member

A retired NFLer suggests Brown might have CTE and urges him to get help. My question is....what can you do to help someone with CTE? I mean AFAIK, brain damage is permanent, (likely on medicine's to-do list I should think), so what sort of help could a person with CTE get? Are there any treatments or therapies for that?

Not to say that I necessarily agree with the guy that this is Brown's problem, but it is an obvious question to ask, especially considering that one hit he took back a few years. And then all the other since.
    Last edited by achilles; 01-07-2022 at 06:32 AM.

All you can do is seek medical help, develop a plan with the advice of a doctor and then start a long road learning to coping with it. With the main goal being to have a functional personal life where the CTE is managed.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Treating Brown for CTE means the NFL will finally have to acknowledge what the sport does to people and then deal with it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    All you can do is seek medical help, develop a plan with the advice of a doctor and then start a long road learning to coping with it. With the main goal being to have a functional personal life where the CTE is managed.
    This presupposes someone like Brown is willing to admit he has a problem and wants help. I suspect that might not be the case, which means his story is headed fast towards an unhappy ending.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jacksonville will be interviewing Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien who last coached in the NFL back in 2020. As coordinator of Alabama his team has set big marks offensively and is competing for a national championship. The Jaguars are looking at offensive coaches to help Trevor Lawrence at QB. From Kellen Moore , Doug Pederson , and Bucs offensive coordinator Bryan Leftwich the team is wanting someone to help his development.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jacksonville will be interviewing Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien who last coached in the NFL back in 2020. As coordinator of Alabama his team has set big marks offensively and is competing for a national championship. The Jaguars are looking at offensive coaches to help Trevor Lawrence at QB. From Kellen Moore , Doug Pederson , and Bucs offensive coordinator Bryan Leftwich the team is wanting someone to help his development.
    I wonder if the Jags will wait to talk to Chiefs’ offensive coordinator Eric Bienemy who was key in developing Patrick Mahomes into an All-Pro? Jacksonville would be foolish if they didn’t.

Does Trevor Lawrence really have the skills that lead the Jags (or anyone else) to believe he could be the next superstar? I didn't get to see much of his game play but the talking heads of the sports world seem to thing his performance was due to more than just bad coaching. He's not a bust, by any means, yet. And every new QB struggles in their first year. But I wonder.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Well there have been plenty of college QB's who look like the second coming of so and so while in college only to flame out in the pros once they don't have the FAR superior talent around them and they actually have to work for wins...not sure if Lawrence fits the bill but he still has time...

Lawrence has enormous talent. He needs the right coach squad to make him into a Pro. Hiring the guy responsible for the shit show in Houston will be worse than Meyer. Does their GM really think this is a good idea?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!