Page 182 of 234 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3509
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It was pointed out by Boomer Esasian during his examining the terrible offensive performance he showed , the NY Giants GM doesn't have full power. In fact we saw it here where the owner (one of Mara family) detailed how Joe Judge was staying on as coach. Instead of a ..."We will hire the GM and let him sit down to discuss things with Joe Judge..." it was a firm he was staying on as coach.

Boomer detailed that there are family in that organization who clearly can't be fired and the GM can't fill those spots due to these people there. That the situation is one that few if any coaches or GM can have success there at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    One man's predictions on Wild Card weekend:

Saturday
    Bengals 31, Raiders 27: The unexpectedly wild ride for Vegas ends here
    Bills 24, Patriots 17: Buffalo fans get a home playoff game, and a win

Sunday
    Eagles 28, Buccaneers 27: Yeah, this is my heart speaking here, and the weekend figures to have ONE upset
    Cowboys 34, 49ers 31: I hate saying this, but the Cowboys get a playoff win
    Chiefs 38, Steelers 17: A relatively easy time for Mahomes and Kansas City

Monday
    Rams 35, Cardinals 30: This could well be the best game of the weekend
    Steelers, Niners, and the Eagles are the only games listed with true underdogs ... The rest are +/- 4 or less.

The Eagles are built in the best way to beat the team they're playing, so that is a solid underdog pick IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Steelers, Niners, and the Eagles are the only games listed with true underdogs ... The rest are +/- 4 or less.

The Eagles are built in the best way to beat the team they're playing, so that is a solid underdog pick IMHO.
    The Bucs were at full strength when they faced the Eagles back in week 6 and only won by 28-22. Since then, Tampa has had their share of injuries while the Birds are pretty healthy. As for a game plan, the best way to beat Tom Brady is to keep him on the sidelines, and that’s accomplished by leaning on a strong running game, and Philly’s is among the best in the game today, and that’s what gives me hope for an upset.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Would have liked to have faced the Bengals, but looks like a one-and-done for my Pats. The Bills were motivated after the first game and the nonsense weather conditions, and any team with talent and aggression has walked all over us the past few weeks. We did one game better than I expected (figured 9-8, missing the playoffs), and look to have some solid pieces. If we can hold onto JC Jackson and maybe upgrade at one of the receiver positions (I know we spent a lot, but we have almost nothing to show for it) I think we have enough to grow on next year. Not really rooting for anyone from the AFC aside from us, but will hope Brady somehow shakes off the bad run and gets another ring. Failing that any non-East NFC team is all right by me.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Bucs were at full strength when they faced the Eagles back in week 6 and only won by 28-22. Since then, Tampa has had their share of injuries while the Birds are pretty healthy. As for a game plan, the best way to beat Tom Brady is to keep him on the sidelines, and that’s accomplished by leaning on a strong running game, and Philly’s is among the best in the game today, and that’s what gives me hope for an upset.
    That game was before the Eagles started to run the ball. They have played much better since then.

My dream scenario: Steeler upset the chiefs, Raiders beat Cini and Pats beat the Bills. Steelers go to the Titans and the Raiders host the pats in the divisional round in honor of the 20th anniversary of the Tuck Rule and Justice can finally be served.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    My dream scenario: Steeler upset the chiefs, Raiders beat Cini and Pats beat the Bills. Steelers go to the Titans and the Raiders host the pats in the divisional round in honor of the 20th anniversary of the Tuck Rule and Justice can finally be served.
    If it means the Chiefs and Bills are out I'm all for it.

Man, if I were the Eagles I'd hire Nick Foles for one day just to stand there on the sidelines and be visible to Tom Brady. Plaster Nick Foles stuff all over the walls, on jerseys and paste a big Nick Foles face on each end zone. Taunt the hell out of that guy.

(Not really, but it would be fun to see if you could get under Brady' skin with that)

I'm picking Eagles, Raiders, Niners, Chiefs, Cards and Patriots to move on.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-11-2022 at 11:40 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Giants staff will have one more position to fill, as OL coach Rob Sale is leaving to take the Florida Gators OC job. If I were any member of the Giants coaching staff and a more stable and secure position was available elsewhere, I'd snag it too.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ok, so I don't often do picks (I freely admit I am terrible at them), but what the hey, it's the playoffs, so my picks...

Raiders over the Bengals
    Bills over the Patriots
    Bucs over the Eagles
    Cowboys over the Niners
    Chiefs over the Steeler
    Cards over the Rams

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ultimate Member

The fairy tale ending would be for Buffalo to win it all and get rid of the ghosts of Super Bowl's past, not sure that will happen though...

Love to see KC make it but the team has struggled the last 2 weeks. I'm very proud the Chiefs made it to the playoffs and won the AFC West after a terrible start. But I'm not gonna go in and guarantee victory or anything. Never have done that given a Chiefs history. Wish em luck but this playoffs can go either way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well, debate's over. Giants fired Joe Judge.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

There was not a single voice in New York supporting him. The Maras were feeling the heat of their hemming and hawing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, debate's over. Giants fired Joe Judge.
    This is likely where Mara spoke to a couple GM candidates and all of them said it...we want our own choice of coach. Mara then was like...f--ck , If I want Spielman (an example) I gotta give them some power here.