Page 190 of 234 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3509
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is why no team is real favorites in playoffs. The Cowboys were clearly on paper considered a blow out winner in this game right. I fear for KC...as I said before here. KC is weak defense etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Do you guys think Big Ben will show off some of that old razzle dazzle we have all come to know and love?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Do you guys think Big Ben will show off some of that old razzle dazzle we have all come to know and love?
    He has a shot. As Super pointed out KC does not have a strong Defense. This may have been the best match up for The Steelers I think.

Edit - Then they go 3 and out. That is why I am at home and not in the booth.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Even with Jones insane love affair with Mike how does he keep him in the off season.
    If McCarthy called for that run play instead of a Hail Mary when the Cowboys were clearly in range, then he’s done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Tony Romo thought every other play was the turning point.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

He has a shot. As Super pointed out KC does not have a strong Defense. This may have been the best match up for The Steelers I think.

Edit - Then they go 3 and out. That is why I am at home and not in the booth.
    Speaking of which, I’ve never understood why announcers are in booths open to the elements when they, like us at home, are watching the action on TV screens?

Mighty Member

The Bucs beatdown of the Eagles is nothing new. Looks like Brady is going to win #8 this year. I'm calling it already. They're like that ninja that nobody notices until the quick strike in the dark. That's how it felt last season too.

I love the run up the middle with 14 seconds left and no time outs.

And everyone is putting it on the ref. NFL players need to know the rules of the game they are playing.

The Ref has to set the ball before the play. Not the Center.

So this loss by the Cowboys is on bad coaching, bad play calling and a dumbass run up the middle. Then when the Ref was behind the players trying to get the ball no one would get the Hell out of his way.

Cowboys doing Cowboy things.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Running the ball down the middle with 14 seconds left and no timeouts was perplexing as hell. Who made that call, Mike McCarthy? Kellen Moore? Did Prescott call an audible? That made absolutely zero sense. People will be talking about that play for a solid week.
    If McCarthy called for that run play instead of a Hail Mary when the Cowboys were clearly in range, then he’s done.
    Ah, the latest example of "Mike McCarthy is terrible at clock management".

This was his M.O. in Green Bay, Jerrah insisted he hired the right guy. LOL.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Ah, the latest example of "Mike McCarthy is terrible at clock management".

This was his M.O. in Green Bay, Jerrah insisted he hired the right guy. LOL.

The question is how long does he give Mike. We Know Jerry has a huge ego and he hates hates to admit he is wrong. Today slapped him in the face with how wrong he is. I would hate to be in his house tonight.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    The Bucs beatdown of the Eagles is nothing new. Looks like Brady is going to win #8 this year. I'm calling it already. They're like that ninja that nobody notices until the quick strike in the dark. That's how it felt last season too.
    Brady on his way to becoming Thanos

First half Mahomes has 10x the passing yards of Big Ben. 240 to 24.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It was a nice playoff win for KC. I really had no clue how KC would do but walked away very happy for sure. Next week likely will be a different story. Buffalo has a complete team and KC was without its #1 RB and who knows what the defense will do week to week.

I do feel for Big Ben. His last game...an era ending.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

One of the players in the game last night that surprised me is JuJu Smith-Shuster with the Steelers. See a comical story was Shuster was offered a nice contract by the Chiefs who wanted him to take that #2 WR role across from Tyreek Hill as the veteran as KC had moved on from Sammy Watkins. Now in terms of biggest most stupid move...Shuster decided to sign back with Pittsburgh.

This after he struggled a lot in 2020. He was offered less money in Pittsburgh on a 1 year deal and had a QB nearing the end of his career vs playing with Pat Mahomes and this hot offense. So the options were clear...

- OPTION #A : Take the Watkins role and become the #2 option across from Tyreek Hill. Be part of a hot offense with a young in his prime of his career Pat Mahomes at QB. Also make more money on a better contract. Rebound the career that struggled as the per catch average was under 9 yards a catch.

- OPTION #B : Return to Pittsburgh and be a 3rd or 4th WR in an offense where I'm no longer considered a prime target as Claypool and others are now the guys. Play for an aging QB nearing the end of his career in a final possible season. Make way less money on a 1 year deal.

Shuster choose option B and this year had 15 catches for 129 yards. It was one of the worst decisions in pro football history.

Cowboys fans behaving badly after last night's debacle:

https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status...84132426428423

Well that Dallas ending has got to have made Jerry Jones flip his lid. Someone's head is going to roll for that one. Even I know that the players can't spot the ball independently of the officials!

Speaking of which, I’ve never understood why announcers are in booths open to the elements when they, like us at home, are watching the action on TV screens?
    This was explained to me when I toured the Denver Broncos stadium. The place where the players families were at were great, nice and heated etc. All the boxes. Many of the local and regional press all had big nice heated rooms. But the national TV announcers booth was a craphole, no windows even and totally exposed to the elements from the direction of the field. I mean, it had a roof so there is that, plus the booth was seated back a bit so most of the snow and rain wasn't going to directly fly through the open windows. But the place literally had cardboard pasted up in places on the walls, areas to protect cords with cardboard and plastic and paint was kinda peeling, etc. That was one uuuugly booth.

From what they said it is a league rule that the announcers have to have a completely unobstructed view, so no glass. And therefore no heat because it would be kind of ridiculous to heat that kind of room. Also I believe the broadcasts are going for authentic sounds of the crowds, which you can't get if you pipe it into a heated booth.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-17-2022 at 01:43 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.