Page 211 of 234 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3509

Giants dipping in the Bills pool again, after hiring their new GM out of Buffalo's front office, they have now hire The Bills OC Brian Daboll as their new head coach.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would love to see Rodgers go to Denver. Watch him get slapped around twice a year by KC and Maholmes? Where do I sign up for that!
    He cant win the NFC and get to the Super Bowl. Why does he think he can win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl with the good teams here and the QB talent a lot of these teams have that the NFC does not have.
    Aaron Rodgers, if nothing else, is a cocky motherf***er. Moody, yes. Fact-challenged, absolutely. But he has a big chip on his shoulder and believes in himself.

Which, the AFC QB class already includes Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson...

If he went to the AFC West and Denver, the insane part would be that Derek Carr would be considered the worst signal-caller in he division, and that's... scary, because he can go on a run and be a solid starter. I know the NFC West has to play the AFC West next year, and that's gonna reduce the odds 3 teams make the playoffs out of their NFC counterparts.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Aaron Rodgers, if nothing else, is a cocky motherf***er. Moody, yes. Fact-challenged, absolutely. But he has a big chip on his shoulder and believes in himself.

Which, the AFC QB class already includes Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson...

If he went to the AFC West and Denver, the insane part would be that Derek Carr would be considered the worst signal-caller in he division, and that's... scary, because he can go on a run and be a solid starter. I know the NFC West has to play the AFC West next year, and that's gonna reduce the odds 3 teams make the playoffs out of their NFC counterparts.
    Talk about a “Wild West” scenario; the AFC West made mincemeat out of the NFC East this last year (with the Cowboys only beating the Chargers with a lucky field goal) and genuinely came within a few seconds and feet of a 3-member Playoff ticket, so they almost matched the NFC West’s achievement there, and unless the Bengals win the Super Bowl, one of those two divisions is carrying back the Lombardi into next year.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Giants dipping in the Bills pool again, after hiring their new GM out of Buffalo's front office, they have now hire The Bills OC Brian Daboll as their new head coach.

-M

Daboll was a hot coaching prospect as the Dolphins and Saints were after him. The Dolphins wanted him badly due to his prior college work with Tua. The Giants had to move fast or risk losing him as they couldn't really afford to interview more people.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

ESPN is reporting that Tom Brady has decided to retire after 22 seasons.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN is reporting that Tom Brady has decided to retire after 22 seasons.

-M
    Greatest ever. Not surprised. He sounded different the last week talking about things. He seemed content.

Saw the news report just now. Here's an article link on The G.O.A.T.'s decision to retire.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Greatest ever. Not surprised. He sounded different the last week talking about things. He seemed content.
    Yeah, they're saying the official announcement won't happen until next week in an attempt not to dominate the headlines over the playoff games taking place Sunday, but the speculation now will be just as bad taking over the football talking heads.

-M

Well thats going to be a very good thing for the Super Bowl teams. Less pressure. Of the four potential teams to go, it would help the Bengals the most to have the brady announcement overshadowing everything and taking the attention away (assuming the Bengals somehow beat the Chiefs, that is).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Man I am shocked brady is retiring. I mean he hasnt done enough. I think it is too early. He still has so much to prove.

Good for him for stepping out on his terms. He is the greatest there is or ever will be. I am glad he is taking the time now to be with his family while his body is still in good shape.

And I am sure Rodgers is super pissed. Now everyone is talking about Brady and not the "Where will Rodgers go." talks.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Things seemed to be different once this talk happened last week. Where as Brady would be quick to proclaim how he had more left to play or deny retirement , he discussed his family and how he needed to decide it. Tampa Bay is in a hell of a shape now. They gambled everything on this window and now have lost Brady and Gronk. Gronk has himself said he won't be back of Brady retired.

Tampa has only $11+ million in salary cap space and has a number of big name free agents to try and sign. They were in the ultimate win now situation and the team will be needing a QB and what they can sign back. (I think Brady sensed that 2022 in Tampa was gonna be a rebuild and he likely felt at 45 he didn't need that)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Things seemed to be different once this talk happened last week. Where as Brady would be quick to proclaim how he had more left to play or deny retirement , he discussed his family and how he needed to decide it. Tampa Bay is in a hell of a shape now. They gambled everything on this window and now have lost Brady and Gronk. Gronk has himself said he won't be back of Brady retired.

Tampa has only $11+ million in salary cap space and has a number of big name free agents to try and sign. They were in the ultimate win now situation and the team will be needing a QB and what they can sign back. (I think Brady sensed that 2022 in Tampa was gonna be a rebuild and he likely felt at 45 he didn't need that)
    I thought he might stick around for one more season given how he was still performing quite well, but that would have been it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, Brady announced his retirement while I was enjoying a nap. Goodbye and good riddance. I was long since sick to death of him. Unlike everyone else in the football world, I’m not going to kiss his ass or relentlessly slurp over his perceived greatness because he was fortunate enough to have played in era where quarterbacks were protected like fine china while taking advantage of a weak division he dominated for twenty years. Big whoop.

The selfish turd could’ve waited until after the Super Bowl to announce his retirement, instead, all the talk will be about HIM and not the four remaining teams playing for all the marbles. Meanwhile, as for Tampa Bay, I wouldn’t be surprised if Gronk and Bruce Arians follow Brady out the door while the Bucs immediately go from playoff contender to also ran in the upcoming season. With this year’s draft class weak at quarterback, will the Bucs chase after Rodgers or Watson, or will they hit the reset button and start over from scratch? The transition in the post-Brady era figures to be a tough one for Tampa.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I thought he might stick around for one more season given how he was still performing quite well, but that would have been it.
    Brady was smart in this aspect , he saw that Tampa's window was likely closing. Suh , Goodwin , and others are free agents next year and are in a bad cap situation. This is the ultimate risk of a win now situation as Tampa has to try and keep what key players they have through restructuring and get a new QB.

Brady always wants to win. He is not coming back to a team that will not be able to compete for a SB next year. Not at his age. He got bounced and I think he saw the writing on the wall.

Gronk is of course gone. brady was the only reason he was there in the first place. Dont know about BA. The only reason he has a ring is because of brady. I am not sure he is really much of a coach so does he risk staying around a team with this many issues as far as no Qb, Gronk gone ans cap issues or does he walk away for a bit?

Good for him and what he did. Now the talking heads will go on for a couple weeks and Man I hope everyone can shut up about him for a bit. He is the greatest but with him gone let the talking heads focus on the Qbs who are still playing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.