Page 212 of 234 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3509
    Ultimate Member

If Rodgers follows Brady out the door next year imho both Green Bay and Tampa will drop mightily from thier positions this year and neither team has a replacement qb that's even close to being ready to take over...

Now there is some push back on brady retiring. His dad said it is not true and reports are that brady reached out to the team and said he has not decided.

I wonder if this was a leak set up by Brady so he can deny it and keep him as the focus of the talk because he is pissy at sitting out of the playoffs right now. I would buy that because he is one of the biggest attention whores in sports history.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Now there is some push back on brady retiring. His dad said it is not true and reports are that brady reached out to the team and said he has not decided.

I wonder if this was a leak set up by Brady so he can deny it and keep him as the focus of the talk because he is pissy at sitting out of the playoffs right now. I would buy that because he is one of the biggest attention whores in sports history.
    To quote that famous line from Robocop, I’d buy that for a dollar. If this was one huge psych job by Brady, then it accomplished the intended goal, having the football world talking about him instead of the remaining teams fighting for their shot at the Super Bowl.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To quote that famous line from Robocop, I’d buy that for a dollar. If this was one huge psych job by Brady, then it accomplished the intended goal, having the football world talking about him instead of the remaining teams fighting for their shot at the Super Bowl.
    Yea I really think this was a set up. He did this the last time he was not in the Playoffs. Will he or wont he. Oh he just tweeted this what does that mean talk for 3 days. My aunt asked. Why doesnt he just make a quick statement on if he said today he was retiring? I said because then we wouldnt be talking about him the next 3 days. If he comes out and just tweets Oh I havnt made up my mind the report was false we would go back to talking about the games being played Sunday.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

NFL has started putting out best of Brady highlights ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Things seemed to be different once this talk happened last week. Where as Brady would be quick to proclaim how he had more left to play or deny retirement , he discussed his family and how he needed to decide it. Tampa Bay is in a hell of a shape now. They gambled everything on this window and now have lost Brady and Gronk. Gronk has himself said he won't be back of Brady retired.

Tampa has only $11+ million in salary cap space and has a number of big name free agents to try and sign. They were in the ultimate win now situation and the team will be needing a QB and what they can sign back. (I think Brady sensed that 2022 in Tampa was gonna be a rebuild and he likely felt at 45 he didn't need that)
    They gambled with the talent they had they could add a legendary QB and get a Championship. They did. The Rams have been trying that for about a decade, mortgaging the future and fighting the cap and hoping for a Lombardi, and (so far) none to be had. I guarantee that while they might be sad their window just closed they'll be happy to have that second Lombardi. Most fans would be happy to have their team win one, ask the Bills or Browns or Bengals or or or....

So, Brady announced his retirement while I was enjoying a nap. Goodbye and good riddance. I was long since sick to death of him. Unlike everyone else in the football world, I’m not going to kiss his ass or relentlessly slurp over his perceived greatness because he was fortunate enough to have played in era where quarterbacks were protected like fine china while taking advantage of a weak division he dominated for twenty years. Big whoop.

The selfish turd could’ve waited until after the Super Bowl to announce his retirement, instead, all the talk will be about HIM and not the four remaining teams playing for all the marbles. Meanwhile, as for Tampa Bay, I wouldn’t be surprised if Gronk and Bruce Arians follow Brady out the door while the Bucs immediately go from playoff contender to also ran in the upcoming season. With this year’s draft class weak at quarterback, will the Bucs chase after Rodgers or Watson, or will they hit the reset button and start over from scratch? The transition in the post-Brady era figures to be a tough one for Tampa.
    He's been feeding off the rejuvenating tears of the bitter for two decades, I'm sure he'd thank you for adding to the pool.

Extraordinary Member

Nice shout out to one of my favorite movies, but from what I hear, he waits till Friday to retire, and he collects $15 million of his Bucs signing bonus. If it were me, even if I was personally worth hundreds of millions with a supermodel wife worth maybe even more...I'd still wait until then. I know it's only $15 million, but times are tough, and pretty soon those multi million signing bonuses add up...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to some sites , the Raiders are a clusterf-ck situation and comically had a Coach and GM likely ready...then did a Raiders.

- Vegas had basically agreed to a deal with Josh McDaniels to come in and become the head coach. They then signed one of New England's personnel guys to come in as GM along with McDaniels. This had McDaniels starting to make calls and get his staff ready as the announcement seemed ready.

- Well the Raiders pulled the plug on it and its either due to compensation or Mark Davis couldn't agree on the power structure there. So the reports are the Raiders are moving on from McDaniels and the guy they planned to make GM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Today:
    Picking KC, but it could be another shoot out with the last team to have the ball wins. Both QBs are capable of a last minute drive.

And the Rams. SF score 6 offensive points against a D that was not as good as the Rams. They won because the Packers Special Teams couldn't block. +10 points on Special Teams. I'll take Stafford over Jimmy G.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My uninformed picks:

AFC: Chiefs 42, Bengals 38. This is going to be another shootout which Kansas City wins
    NFC: Rams 24, Niners 14. This game figures to be a slog at times, but L.A. comes out on top

I really wants Bengals Niners but I will be happy with anybody but the Rams.

Win or lose, those guys play dirty.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Raiders are finalizing a contract to hire Josh McDaniels as their next head coach.

Sorry blob. It's not close
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sorry blob. It's not close
    God no! bengals are being outplayed on every level. This looks like a Practice game for Maholmes at this point.

Rest week for KC.