Page 220 of 234 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3509
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am 100 percent not sure who on the Bengals can cover Cupp.
    A logical strategy would be to double team Cupp, problem is, that leaves OBJ open to do damage. Cincinnati’s defensive coordinator will certainly have his hands full.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A logical strategy would be to double team Cupp, problem is, that leaves OBJ open to do damage. Cincinnati’s defensive coordinator will certainly have his hands full.
    That is the problem. The Rams have a pretty good group of guys that can be targets for Stafford. KC last night tried to double team Chase a few times and Burrow just shrugged it off and hit a couple other guys. And that is what The Rams would do. And to be honest even double coverage on Cupp I have seen him break off some catches.
    Both teams have amazing Receivers. Going to be a flat out shoot out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In the immortal words of Tom Grossi:

Kitty. Goes. Meow.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

After days of comical games the Raiders are hiring Josh McDaniels and the Patriots personnel guy to be GM now. Expect the Raiders to attempt the PATRIOT WAY. I wonder if McDaniels will try and trade for Jimmy Garappolo and trade away Derek Carr ? How big a rebuild for the Patriot Way will the Raiders go under now ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I think the Super Bowl going to be a defensive struggle. Cincy's porous O-Line will likely have a really tough time with Aaron Donald, Von Miller and Leonard Floyd while the gun slinging Matt Stafford is going to struggle with Cincy's Secondary. If I were a betting man, I would say that if the Bengals win, Joe Burrow will be the Super Bowl MVP, but if the Rams win, it's going to be someone on their defense... or Cooper Cupp. That guy's unbelievable.
    The Bengals will discover , beating Kansas City's terrible defense is a walk in the park (or walk down the field) compared to the Rams all-star $$$ defense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    After days of comical games the Raiders are hiring Josh McDaniels and the Patriots personnel guy to be GM now. Expect the Raiders to attempt the PATRIOT WAY. I wonder if McDaniels will try and trade for Jimmy Garappolo and trade away Derek Carr ? How big a rebuild for the Patriot Way will the Raiders go under now ?
    According to the talking heads...McD is a fan of Carr. Apparently the Pats wanted to trade for Carr before the season. Which is news to me. Im convinced that McD spent 85% of his interview man crushing on Hunter Renfrow, which on one hand is totally understandable but at the same its pretty sus. Im honestly pretty damn skeptical of the hire (I mean technically he hasn't been hired yet...but since Ziegler was announced i expect it later today).

Is McD a good Offensive Coordinator?
    Yes.

Has McD no doubt grown and learned since his stint with Denver?
    I would hope so.

Does Bill Billechek's coaching tree resemble more of a dead tree due to the lack of success his assistants have had on their own?
    Yes.

Whose going to be D-Coordinator?
    No clue.

Was the whole thing with the Colts pretty Sus?
    Abso-fucking-lutley

I mean who knows...maybe this will be the reverse Mike Shanahan or something...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's when you try option 2 - put your best CB alone against the 2nd best receiver and double team the best one. It has worked for other teams before.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cincy doesn't really have a shutdown corner.

Getting the Rams to overplay and controlling the clock is probably the best avenue. When the Rams speed up, they roll on people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Thing is, the Rams will have their hands full on defense, too. Joe Mixon, Ja'Marr Chase alone wouldn't be the problem, but they will be a problem because if you focus on containing them then all the other guys who Burrow has been able to connect with will be catching and scoring instead. The Bengals have a world class QB and, as the Titans game showed, it sometimes doesn't matter how much you rush him and sack him. I'm not really sure its possible to rattle Burrow.

That said, the Rams need to still rush and sack Burrow a lot. To have a chance at winning the Rams also need to win the time of possession game, force the Bengals to have miserable starting field positions and just overall have better special teams play than the Bengals. Really the key is to keep the ball away from Burrow as much as humanly possible. And, if its like every other Rams win in the playoffs, have a miraculous play to Kupp in the final minutes.

For the Bengals to win, they will mainly need to disrupt the Rams offense and keep them from winning the time of possession game.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-31-2022 at 12:53 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I watch a lot of sports talk. And one thing that bothers me about the talk when it comes to the Bengals. It is that all of the talk has been on maholmes and how bad he melted down. not how well Burrow did to lead his team back, but how bad maholmes did. I even heard the phrase "This is in no way a Burrow victory, this is a Maholmes defeat. Bengals should not be overly proud because in now way did any of the teams they faced play up to their level. it was not the bengals that caused any win. it was a melt down of 3 really good teams."

GRRR!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I watch a lot of sports talk. And one thing that bothers me about the talk when it comes to the Bengals. It is that all of the talk has been on maholmes and how bad he melted down. not how well Burrow did to lead his team back, but how bad maholmes did. I even heard the phrase "This is in no way a Burrow victory, this is a Maholmes defeat. Bengals should not be overly proud because in now way did any of the teams they faced play up to their level. it was not the bengals that caused any win. it was a melt down of 3 really good teams."

GRRR!
    They legit beat all three. But that play at the end of the first half lost KC the game. BUT they also stopped KC in overtime and got things done. So Burrows was better than MaHomes in OT.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They legit beat all three. But that play at the end of the first half lost KC the game. BUT they also stopped KC in overtime and got things done. So Burrows was better than MaHomes in OT.
    In the second half and in OT for sure better. I get not a lot of respect is given to the bengals and I get. But The Bengals made the stop before the half that turned the tide.

I know the 3 teams may not have been playing at their best. But our Defense was playing well. And our bad O line that everyone said the KC would run over held up great.

But Maholmes is the super star and KC is the big team so I do get it. I just aint looking forward to two weeks of that talk and how the Rams are going to destory The Bengals. they may. but I dont want to hear about it lol

The only SB advertised as a one sided blowout and it happening was da Bears vs. Pats that I can remember.

There have been others but they weren't talked up that way.

I think it will be closer than expected. The Bengals have a chip on their shoulder ... The Rams do, too, but it is because they think they are entitled to the SB.

Bengals I think have the better motivation.Their cork boards are filled with "everyone doubts us" ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-31-2022 at 05:14 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The only SB advertised as a one sided blowout and it happening was da Bears vs. Pats that I can remember.

There have been others but they weren't talked up that way.

I think it will be closer than expected. The Bengals have a chip on their shoulder ... The Rams do, too, but it is because they think they are entitled to the SB.

Bengals I think have the better motivation.Their cork boards are filled with "everyone doubts us" ...
    I think there were a lot of folks predicting the Steve Young 49ers were gonna destroy the underdog Chargers, and while NOTHING is as lopsided as Bears/Pats from '85... that game got out of hand. San Diego had Junior Seau and a pretty damn good defense... but no one was stopping Young & Rice. And the Chargers' running game was not moving the ball against that defense, and Stan Humphries was sure as hell not leading a passing attack to victory.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The think the Rams will go into Halftime with the lead. it takes a minute or so for Burrow and ZT and the DC to figure out what is going on with the Defense of the other team. But this season they have made some great second half adjustments.