Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234
Results 3,496 to 3,509 of 3509
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I did laugh last night how the announcers kept talking about Mike Brown being a patient owner and stuck with Zac during the bad times because he believed in his coach and what he wanted to do.

That is not the case at all lol. he stuck with Zac because he was too cheap to go get a good coach that would have cost money. Brown just lucked out that Burrow and Chase were able to carry the Bengals as far as they did.

Zac is not a great coach. I dont even think he is a good coach. It showed in a couple of his play calls. 2 times on 4th and 1 he runs a run play. Fine not mad at that. But he Does not give the ball to the beast and work horse Mixon. Gives it both times to some no name that gets stuffed both times. Ugh!

Bengals do have work to go. Work on the Line, Zac needs to learn as a coach. Defense needs to not fold under pressure. There is work that needs to be done.

The morning after I am still positive as to where The Bengals will go. Even more so in the North. Steelers are going to be a non issue. Ravens have flaws. Browns are... The Browns and i dont see Baker coming off an injury as being the guy to take them far.

This division belongs to the Bengals for a couple years if they can fix some issues.
    Mike Brown no doubt stuck with Marvin Lewis for a long as he did for the same reason….he came cheap. Well, after last night, the purse strings will have to be loosened if the Bengals want to remain a contender, the Steelers won’t be going away, not while Mike Tomlin’s on the sidelines, ditto for Baltimore who has Lamar Jackson at quarterback and a stout defense. Cincinnati needs to take advantage of the lull in the division to strengthen their hold on same, and do so quickly before Burrow and Chase hit their walk years.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Another reason Marvin Lewis was kept so long was ...up til he became coach the Bengals were an utter disaster. This was their combined record through the end of Sam Wyche , Dave Shula , Bruce Coslet , and Dick LeBeau : 55 wins and 137 losses. This was a team that was crap for a number of years then. So moving on from a coach who had winning seasons was gonna be hard due to that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yah I think the Browns are in the same boat with Mayfield as the Bengals were with Lewis. The Browns are afraid to make any rash decisions with key personnel right now because even though they did get rid of Beckham and they are still a big mess they still are winning way more than usual. And desperate to maintain the illusion as long as possible that they might actually get even better some day.

But you are starting to hear those same Lewis-type rumblings at the Browns now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The reason Danold did not win the MVP is because the voters have to have their votes in by the 2 minute warning (16 people from the media vote). So they voted before Danold single handedly won the game for the Rams. What a stupid set up. As if there aren't game changing plays in the last two minutes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Funniest "bandwagon" video I saw was one which proclaimed on the day of the Super Bowl on how Joe Burrow was gonna be better than Pat Mahomes. It was perhaps the worst timing to do for a sports fan to post a video like that before the kid played in his 1st Super Bowl or won it.

Joe Burrow is a solid franchise QB. But we have to be serious...Pat Mahomes 2-3 weeks ago won a game marching a team down the field with 13 seconds. Its clear had Dee Ford not jumped offsides in one AFC Championship game the Chiefs under Mahomes would have been in 3 straight Super Bowls. Mahomes one year put the entire team on his back and won in playoffs to get to Super Bowl.

Its like people proclaiming Mahomes will be greater than Tom Brady etc. Its silly to do that. But shows you how fickle the NFL fanbase is after 1 bad half performance in a solid career the last 3-4 seasons.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Some fans have the "My Qb made it to the Super Bowl and he didnt so mine is better." Forgetting it is a team effort. Maholmes is really good. Damn good. He has issues but people forget he is also a young Qb.

Do I think Burrow is better then Maholmes? No. Do I think he can be as good or better? Yes. But This is Burrows first full season.

I already hear talk on the loacl sports radio here in Cicny about how Burrow is a bust and we should get rid of him because it is clear he cant handle the pressure.

The Cat got us to the Super Bowl in his first full season. After coming off a huge injury.

Fans are so hit and miss. The band wagon fans are already jumping ship. Freaken crazy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I love the talk going around now that somehow Matthew Stafford is a Hall of Famer because he won a Super Bowl. Thus far, the only talking head that I've seen that didn't have their head up their ass was Richard Sherman. Everyone else said Stafford now was on target for Canton. Which is total BS.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I love the talk going around now that somehow Matthew Stafford is a Hall of Famer because he won a Super Bowl. Thus far, the only talking head that I've seen that didn't have their head up their ass was Richard Sherman. Everyone else said Stafford now was on target for Canton. Which is total BS.
    Hmm in looking ...

Stafford needs only 5 yards passing to join a list of QB's like John Elway , Aaron Rodgers , Tom Brady , Drew Brees , Peyton Manning , Ben Rothlisberger and Phillip Rivers with over 50,000+ passing yards in a career. He will pass John Elway for 11th in career yards next season.

In career TD passes Stafford next season will pass Fran Tarkenton for 11th on career TD list.

He's got the numbers and a ring. I mean we have debated if Phillip Rivers will ever go in. Stafford could logically go in before him.

Exactly what I was thinking. Stafford is a way easier choice to go in than Phillip Rivers, unless it was the Hall of PG-13 Curse Words.

Stafford has always put up big numbers, usually on a bad team. The knock on him was always he couldn't lead a team to the post season or win a big game. He just did. Granted, he had a much better cast around him this time, but then again, he put up some great numbers over the years with a less than stellar cast at times (though Megatron was superior, Stafford hasn't had a lot of tools other than him for most of his career). We'll have to see where Stafford ends up when all is said and done, but he's got the numbers so far, and still has a ways to go, and has played in an era where passing numbers have been inflated by the style of play, but I think there's a good chance he gets in eventually.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

These days, those numbers are kind of meaningless considering how bloated they become. Even mediocre QBs can put up big totals if he hangs around long enough. It's Hall of Fame, not Hall of Pretty Good.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    These days, those numbers are kind of meaningless considering how bloated they become. Even mediocre QBs can put up big totals if he hangs around long enough. It's Hall of Fame, not Hall of Pretty Good.
    My thoughts exactly. If Stafford doesn’t win the Supe, the only way he gets into Canton is with a ticket, and everyone knows it. The fact talking heads did a 180 overnight and now think he’s Hall of Fame eligible is borderline laughable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The reason Danold did not win the MVP is because the voters have to have their votes in by the 2 minute warning (16 people from the media vote). So they voted before Danold single handedly won the game for the Rams. What a stupid set up. As if there aren't game changing plays in the last two minutes.
    I seem to recall talk of Malcom Butler deserving it after the Patriots versus Seattle Super Bowl, and this same topic came up. They gave it to Brady, though, not a bad choice, lol.

Brady gave Butler a truck, though. On another note, Matt Patricia took credit for that play years afterwards and I am sure he still does.

Apparently the Cowboys paid a $2.3 million dollar settlement to four cheerleaders who filed a voyeurism complaint against now retired team executive Rich Dalrymple. Article Link.