Page 31 of 234 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm hoping someone further up the waiver wire in my Fantasy Football league takes a flier on him so I rise in the rankings. As a lottery ticket if you have someone you're willing to drop I can see it, I just wouldn't for my bottom guy. But I can see the appeal. Mahomes to Gordon. Then again, Brady to Gordon or Russell to Gordon sounded pretty good too.

Honestly I wish KC would have signed Sherman more than Gordon. KC needs that defensive help and having Sherman and Honey Badger back there would be a bit scary. KC didn't really need Gordon with the offensive firepower they carry right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Oh sure, and likely he won't even see the field for more than a game and won't be the guy we saw flashes of god knows how many years ago now if he does. Still, probably cost them nothing where Sherman would have and likely for more than he's worth at this point. Trading for a CB seems the likelier route. If my Pats aren't going to extend Gilmore you guys ought to make an offer for him. We should extend him, and JC Jackson. But i'm armchairing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Eagles' head coach Nick Sirianni has been catching hell both locally and nationally for calling just THREE running plays Monday night, and deservedly. He believed that the best way to counter Dallas' high powered offense was to match their firepower, a fool's errand because the Birds don't have the level of talent at the skill positions like the Cowboys have. Any coach worth his salt will tell you the best way to keep a strong offense in check is to keep it on the sidelines, and you do that by RUNNING. THE. BALL. Hopefully, Sirianni learned that lesson, though I suspect he might be tempted to repeat that mistake since he'll be up against another potent offense in Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs this coming Sunday.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Eagles' head coach Nick Sirianni has been catching hell both locally and nationally for calling just THREE running plays Monday night, and deservedly. He believed that the best way to counter Dallas' high powered offense was to match their firepower, a fool's errand because the Birds don't have the level of talent at the skill positions like the Cowboys have. Any coach worth his salt will tell you the best way to keep a strong offense in check is to keep it on the sidelines, and you do that by RUNNING. THE. BALL. Hopefully, Sirianni learned that lesson, though I suspect he might be tempted to repeat that mistake since he'll be up against another potent offense in Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs this coming Sunday.
    See I wonder if he will go the other way. if he see that Passing is not working if he will start yo over load with run plays.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Hey, babyblob! Your Bengals are on the tube tonight against the winless Jaguars. How do you think the game will turn out?

Hey, babyblob! Your Bengals are on the tube tonight against the winless Jaguars. How do you think the game will turn out?
    To be honest I think it is a trap game. The Bengals do really bad on prime time national games for one. They are also flying high after that huge win vs the Steelers. Not just the fans. But the players have been talking mass **** about the Steelers after the win are high on themselves and the local media is reporting the last 2 days they looked dead and lazy in practice all week. Everyone is acting like tonights game has already been won including the players. No one is really taking it seriously. The only one this week who has talked about the Jags being a threat is Burrow. Everyone else is kind of blowing it off.

I would like The bengals to win but it would not shock me to see them get blown out big time. Even more so since Urban Meyer started his coaching career here in Cincy at one of our High schools and coached at Ohio State where Burrow left him for LSU. So I can see Urban wanting to hurt a local team.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-30-2021 at 03:59 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest I think it is a trap game. The Bengals do really bad on prime time national games for one. They are also flying high after that huge win vs the Steelers. Not just the fans. But the players have been talking mass **** about the Steelers after the win are high on themselves and the local media is reporting the last 2 days they looked dead and lazy in practice all week. Everyone is acting like tonights game has already been won including the players. No one is really taking it seriously. The only one this week who has talked about the Jags being a threat is Burrow. Everyone else is kind of blowing it off.

I would like The bengals to win but it would not shock me to see them get blown out big time. Even more so since Urban Meyer started his coaching career here in Cincy at one of our High schools and coached at Ohio State where Burrow left him for LSU. So I can see Urban wanting to hurt a local team.
    That's an interesting take, bb. I think the Bengals are going to roll Jacksonville tonight, Meyer is finding out fast that coaching in the NFL is a far different animal than college, and, so far, he's coming up short, and Trevor Lawrence has, at times, looked like he's not ready for prime time. I'm thinking Cincinnati wins 24-10. Oh, yeah, I just found outa few days ago that I have NFL Network, so I'll watch tonight.

That's an interesting take, bb. I think the Bengals are going to roll Jacksonville tonight, Meyer is finding out fast that coaching in the NFL is a far different animal than college, and, so far, he's coming up short, and Trevor Lawrence has, at times, looked like he's not ready for prime time. I'm thinking Cincinnati wins 24-10. Oh, yeah, I just found outa few days ago that I have NFL Network, so I'll watch tonight.
    I think the Bengals will win in the end. But it wouldnt shock me if they got beat bad. Too many years of watching Cincy **** the bed in games they should win and too many primetime losses over the years keep me from being 100 percent.

The win against the Steelers was a huge boost for the team. And had they treated it as just another win great. But they are walking around like that win gave them the division and they can just half ass it from here on out. At least if reports can be trusted. But the local guy reporting on the problems of the Bengals right now has been very reliable over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest I think it is a trap game.
    The Jags are gonna be a trap game for every team this year except probably the Jets. They're gonna face off Dec. 26th in a game I wouldn't be surprised if one or both teams are 0-15 and trying to avoid a 0-17 season.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Apologies, wrong thread.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Running back LeSean McCoy will retire after signing a one day contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, the team he spent the first six years of his career with. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I am looking forward to watching the game tonight. I will be happy if the Bengals win. But I will be just as happy if they lose. And this is why. Pretty much everyone on the team is not taking tonight seriously. One of the WR on the team in an interview this morning when asked how he felt about playing the Jags at home tonight he answered.

"The Packers are a Hell of a good team and Rodgers is great." The reporter pointed out that the packers were week 5 and the player responded "I stand by my statement." He later said he was joking but it is such BS!

Just kind of goes to the reports from the local media this week about The Team thinking they are the best **** since beating the Steelers, The team not taking the Jags Seriously, looking past the game tonight, the half assing it at practice all week,

There has been more talk about The Ring of Honor members being announced by the team then about the game tonight.

Now the Bengals may go out and crush it tonight and all these reports dont matter. but if they do get their asses kicked then if these reports are true they have it coming.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-30-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Running back LeSean McCoy will retire after signing a one day contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, the team he spent the first six years of his career with. Article Link.
    I heard about that a few hours ago. Plenty cool. I'm glad "Shady" will make one last appearance with the Birds.

I'm looking forward to tonight's matchup of young top pick QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm looking forward to tonight's matchup of young top pick QBs.
    Didnt they play each other in the national championship game a few years ago? I dont follow NCAA so I was not sure.