Page 32 of 234 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Didnt they play each other in the national championship game a few years ago? I dont follow NCAA so I was not sure.
    Zach Wilson didn't even come close to sniffing the championship game.

Now, Mac Jones, in New England, was in it with Alabama.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Zach Wilson didn't even come close to sniffing the championship game.

Now, Mac Jones, in New England, was in it with Alabama.
    I mean Trever Lawrence. Didnt he play for Clemson?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I mean Trever Lawrence. Didnt he play for Clemson?
    Yes, Lawrence won the NCAA championship as a freshman in 2018 against 'Bama, although Jalen Hurts was the QB for 'Bama in that game, upon closer inspection. Mac Jones won in 2020.

Bengals were driving then an Offensive Pass Interference call and missed Field Goal killed all of that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Jaguars Bengals game is a close exciting TNF game.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My, my! Jacksonville actually looks like a competent football team as Trevor Lawrence ran in for a score, putting the Jags up 14-0.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My, my! Jacksonville actually looks like a competent football team as Trevor Lawrence ran in for a score, putting the Jags up 14-0.
    Its amazing how good A team looks when they play a team that did not take them seriously all week and half assed in in practice and spent more time **** talking the Steelers then watching the tape of the team they played next.

Its amazing how good A team looks when they play a team that did not take them seriously all week and half assed in in practice and spent more time **** talking the Steelers then watching the tape of the team they played next.
    Classic "falling for your own hype", eh?

It IS the Bungles. The only part of that hard to believe is that they had any hype to fall for.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It IS the Bungles. The only part of that hard to believe is that they had any hype to fall for.
    "We finally beat Pittsburgh! (The version where their offensive line is all gone, half their defense is gone, and Ben Roethlisberger looks like a Rapey Potato sitting on a larger Rapey Potato) We're going all the way!"

*proceed to get outscored 14-0 in the first half of the next game against Jacksonville*

And... Cincinnatti has tied it up. I mean, c'mon, even you guys can beat the Jags.

"We finally beat Pittsburgh! (The version where their offensive line is all gone, half their defense is gone, and Ben Roethlisberger looks like a Rapey Potato sitting on a larger Rapey Potato) We're going all the way!"

*proceed to get outscored 14-0 in the first half of the next game against Jacksonville*

And... Cincinnatti has tied it up. I mean, c'mon, even you guys can beat the Jags.
    The only reason it is tied is because The Bengals stopped them on 4th and goal. Had they scored or even kicked a field goal Bengals would have folded.

They did get this 4th down though.

I hate going against the home team but I picked Jags and over tonight.

A combo of buying their own hype (Which they have none) and not taking the Jags seriously. They slept through practice all week. And players already talking about the packers game in week 5. So all kinds of **** was wrong. Props to Burrow and Chase who did take Urban and the Jags seriously. But when the coach and others did not we have a team that should be being blown out leading 21-14.

Who needs to show up in the SB half time show

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The Bengals have classically been a team that cannot handle success. Success means expectations and pressure, neither of which have they ever really handled well. So whenever they get a hint of success, you know a fall is coming. They have always been a team that shows up least when it matters most because of it, and it is a major factor why their record is abysmal in prime time games.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

And Jacksonville blows a double-digit lead for the second time in five days. Bengals win 24-21 on a last second FG.