Page 33 of 234 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Bengals pulled it off. Only the Jags can give up a double diget lead to the Bengals to lose the game. All in all I am happy. it was an entertaining game to watch.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Bengals pulled it off. Only the Jags can give up a double diget lead to the Bengals to lose the game. All in all I am happy. it was an entertaining game to watch.
    Yeah, it was more intriguing than I thought it would be. Looking at Urban Meyer on the sidelines, I can't help but wonder if he'll finish his contract if the losses pile up too much for his liking.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, it was more intriguing than I thought it would be. Looking at Urban Meyer on the sidelines, I can't help but wonder if he'll finish his contract if the losses pile up too much for his liking.
    Being a first year he wont be fired but I can see him leaving on his own. He has a huge ego and these losses cant be sitting well with him at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

If the Jags have any sense, they will drop Meyer. It was a mistake to hire him in the first place.

You have the best QB prospect in years, and you get a coach whose college record was with a guy who can't play QB in the Pros.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-01-2021 at 05:49 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The London Game is back on! The date, October 10th, the teams----the Jets and Falcons. Whoo. Be still, my beating heart.

By the time this game kicks off at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium next Sunday morning (EST), the Jets could well be winless (they face Tennessee this Sunday) while Atlanta (playing Washington) might be 2-2. So, who's gonna wake up early to watch that dog with fleas? Look, I love NFL football, but that's a seriously hard pass.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-01-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Being a first year he wont be fired but I can see him leaving on his own. He has a huge ego and these losses cant be sitting well with him at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If the Jags have any sense, they will drop Meyer. It was a mistake to hire him in the first place.

You have the best QB prospect in years, and you get a coach whose college record was with a guy who can't play QB in the Pros.
    Don't look now, but as a franchise, that was the Jags' 19th consecutive loss, and they're approaching the legendary 26 game losing streak of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from the 1976-1977 stretch. They have the Titans next week (that shouldn't go well for them, and will likely be #20), but then they face off with the Dolphins on Oct. 17th in London, where all bets are off for what team isn't jet-lagged and shows up for a win (and also the Dolphins won't have Tu'a and don't look good with Brissett).

It takes some ineptitude to go a whole calendar year without winning a football game, as evidenced by this list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...losing_streaks
    Noteworthy on it were the winless Lions season, was sandwiched with 3 other losses around the season prior and then after for a 19 game streak, and that the Browns hit 17 on two different occasions this decade. But Jacksonville looks to be about to surpass the Lion's 19 game drought on 10/10.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Don't look now, but as a franchise, that was the Jags' 19th consecutive loss, and they're approaching the legendary 26 game losing streak of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from the 1976-1977 stretch. They have the Titans next week (that shouldn't go well for them, and will likely be #20), but then they face off with the Dolphins on Oct. 17th in London, where all bets are off for what team isn't jet-lagged and shows up for a win (and also the Dolphins won't have Tu'a and don't look good with Brissett).

It takes some ineptitude to go a whole calendar year without winning a football game, as evidenced by this list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...losing_streaks
    Noteworthy on it were the winless Lions season, was sandwiched with 3 other losses around the season prior and then after for a 19 game streak, and that the Browns hit 17 on two different occasions this decade. But Jacksonville looks to be about to surpass the Lion's 19 game drought on 10/10.
    If the Jags have any shot at notching that first win of the season, it might happen in London against Miami. Jacoby Brissett is far from a worldbeater, neither are the Dolphins in the early going, so Jacksonville might be able to get the jump on the Fish and get off the schneid.

If the Jags have any shot at notching that first win of the season, it might happen in London against Miami. Jacoby Brissett is far from a worldbeater, neither are the Dolphins in the early going, so Jacksonville might be able to get the jump on the Fish and get off the schneid.
    If the Jags go winless or win 2-3 games total ... do they trade their QB??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If the Jags go winless or win 2-3 games total ... do they trade their QB??
    No. They aren't losing because they have a bad QB. They are a bad team with a good Rookie QB. It would be foolish.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No. They aren't losing because they have a bad QB. They are a bad team with a good Rookie QB. It would be foolish.
    They keep doing foolish things ... that's why I ask.

Seems to be more than just coaching, maybe ownership is an issue, too?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They keep doing foolish things ... that's why I ask.

Seems to be more than just coaching, maybe ownership is an issue, too?
    That too. So if the question is "Is Jacksonville boneheaded enough to trade Lawrence?" Yeah, they could be.

That too. So if the question is "Is Jacksonville boneheaded enough to trade Lawrence?" Yeah, they could be.
    Maybe I'm giving owner Shad Khan too much credit since he'd have to sign off on such a trade, but I don't think he'd do something that stupid. Hell, the Jags sent Gardner Minshew packing to Philly so there wouldn't be anything in the way of a QB controversy with Trevor Lawrence, so I think he's going to be around for awhile. Urban Meyer? It wouldn't surprise me if he packs it in and scurries back to college after say, two seasons because he can't handle all the losing in the pros.

The problem is You have a great NCAA coach and a great NCAA QB and people expected them to gel and click from week one and it is a wake up call that it aint happening for Jags fans.

The problem is You have a great NCAA coach and a great NCAA QB and people expected them to gel and click from week one and it is a wake up call that it aint happening for Jags fans.
    The NFL and the NCAA are very different. Even Saban couldn't hack it in the NFL.

Got an alert that Gronk probably won't be able to play on Sunday due to injury. I doubt that will stop Brady and Tampa from winning against the Pats.