Page 34 of 234 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that Gronk probably won't be able to play on Sunday due to injury. I doubt that will stop Brady and Tampa from winning against the Pats.
    So The Bucs will only score 50 on the Pats and not 60?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So The Bucs will only score 50 on the Pats and not 60?
    Probably. Try as I might, I can't imagine a scenario where the Pats can possibly win, or even keep things close. But then, on any given Sunday, yadda, yadda, yadda....
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If the Jags go winless or win 2-3 games total ... do they trade their QB??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No. They aren't losing because they have a bad QB. They are a bad team with a good Rookie QB. It would be foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They keep doing foolish things ... that's why I ask.

Seems to be more than just coaching, maybe ownership is an issue, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That too. So if the question is "Is Jacksonville boneheaded enough to trade Lawrence?" Yeah, they could be.
    I don't think they would. Khan is known to be a patient owner, and we're talking about a team that waited YEARS on Blake Bortles, even though all signs were he was a bust in Year 3, they still kept him on for 2 more years.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't think they would. Khan is known to be a patient owner, and we're talking about a team that waited YEARS on Blake Bortles, even though all signs were he was a bust in Year 3, they still kept him on for 2 more years.
    Well Bortles had that AFC playoffs performance deal which made the coaches believe he had turned this corner. Things can fool GM's etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think they will give Lawrence a couple years. I think they will get rid of Urban before Lawrence.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I think they will give Lawrence a couple years. I think they will get rid of Urban before Lawrence.
    I suspect Urban will quit before he's fired. Easier on the ego.

BANNED

Unimportant, but I'm in an eliminator league with some money on the line. I went Titans on Tuesday because it's the Jets, and nobody's gone broke betting against the Jets so far. Then I see AJ Brown and Julio Jones are out. That defense hasn't been great, and I'm not sure who's number 3 on that team (Firsker?). Should I stay put and rely on Derrick Henry running on them for 300? Or go with a less fringey team and take the safe bet with a Buccs or Bills (you can only pick a team once per year, so you try to balance picking a middling team with a good matchup to keep those good teams in reserve)?

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Unimportant, but I'm in an eliminator league with some money on the line. I went Titans on Tuesday because it's the Jets, and nobody's gone broke betting against the Jets so far. Then I see AJ Brown and Julio Jones are out. That defense hasn't been great, and I'm not sure who's number 3 on that team (Firsker?). Should I stay put and rely on Derrick Henry running on them for 300? Or go with a less fringey team and take the safe bet with a Buccs or Bills (you can only pick a team once per year, so you try to balance picking a middling team with a good matchup to keep those good teams in reserve)?
    God knows I'm no expert on the NFL, or betting for that matter, but I think you'd be wise to avoid Tennessee. Henry can only do so much, and even the Jets will be smart enough to key their defense on him and dare Ryan Tannehill to beat them, something I'm not sure he can do, and least not in the long term, depending on how long Brown and Jones are out.

So are there even any other games on this week other then Bucs Pats? I have been watching pregames since 8am and that is all they are talking about. I am less excited for this game because damn they will not stop hyping it! There are other games!

BANNED

It's a once in a lifetime deal, the longest and most successful coach/QB pairing in history, an endless sports talking head debate (Brady vs Bill), they can't help themselves. This is Favre vs the Packers x1,000. I don't care for hype, just going to record the game and watch tomorrow morning (work overnights, sucks for football purposes) and hope to see some improvement from a team that's looked pretty awful this year even in the preseason as they get their collective asses stomped by the GOAT.

So are there even any other games on this week other then Bucs Pats? I have been watching pregames since 8am and that is all they are talking about. I am less excited for this game because damn they will not stop hyping it! There are other games!
    Whoa! You watch pregame shows? I haven't bothered with that in well over a decade, perhaps longer, I find those shows boring as sin. These days, I busy myself with taking long walks, bike rides or watching Premier League Soccer until 1 PM kickoff.

Patrick Mahomes is a Doctor Strange level magician after he underhanded, yes, UNDERHANDED a five yard pass for a touchdown. Unreal!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Titans will need to score touchdowns in the 2nd half so the winless hapless Jets don’t have a realistic chance to win the game.
    They lead the Jets 9-7 at halftime.

The Giants and Saints are tied 7-7 at halftime.
    The Giants could find another entertaining way to lose a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    The Titans will need to score touchdowns in the 2nd half so the winless hapless Jets don’t have a realistic chance to win the game.
    They lead the Jets 9-7 at halftime.

The Giants and Saints are tied 7-7 at halftime.
    The Giants could find another entertaining way to lose a close game.
    Well I'm sure Daniel Jones is due for another couple fumbles in a game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So according to NFL news , Josh Gordon has so impressed KC in practices he may end up in the starting lineup next week !