Page 41 of 234 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I give him three weeks. Zebras don't change their stripes, and cretins like Gordon don't become saints overnight.
    While I'm no Gordon fan , this isn't a case of Tyreek Hill to blast as a cretin. Gordon has a substance abuse issue and seems to suffer addiction issues for years. From an article he detailed how he was taking alcohol shots before games and smoking weed during the week. That he did this for awhile in NFL before he was busted.

Gordon has destroyed his promising career and well...its a shock KC decided to take a shot on him at this stage as he's past 30 and he's not played much at all the last few seasons. Addiction is an issue and its clear Gordon should stay away from NFL and get a job outside it at this point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    NY Giants RB Saquon Barkley will be features on a variant cover for Marvel's Black Panther #1...

-M
    Cool beans!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Pats are releasing CB Stephon Gilmore as they cannot reach an agreement on a restructured contract.

Wonder who will snap him up?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Pats are releasing CB Stephon Gilmore as they cannot reach an agreement on a restructured contract.

Wonder who will snap him up?

-M
    If they can't reach an agreement, and he has the injury on top of it, then he is basically taking up a valuable roster spot. The only reason to keep him is if letting him go is too much of a financial hit.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If they can't reach an agreement, and he has the injury on top of it, then he is basically taking up a valuable roster spot. The only reason to keep him is if letting him go is too much of a financial hit.
    He was eligible to come off the PUP list week 6 and by all accounts is ready to go when eligible, but we'll see.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

He was eligible to come off the PUP list week 6 and by all accounts is ready to go when eligible, but we'll see.

-M
    Normally Bill trades guys like this. Wonder why no attempt?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Normally Bill trades guys like this. Wonder why no attempt?

From the ESPN article...

The Patriots were roughly $54,000 under the salary cap and now will find themselves with an additional $5.8 million in cap space. Gilmore had a $7 million base salary in 2021 in what was the final season of his contract.
    Maybe trading him wouldn't have provided the cap space they need for this season?

-M

From the ESPN article...

Maybe trading him wouldn't have provided the cap space they need for this season?

-M
    Only $54 grand under the cap? Wow! Talk about a thin margin! No wonder Bill cut him!

That makes sense then!

Tom Brady needs a corner, badly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That makes sense then!

Tom Brady needs a corner, badly.
    Nah, Tre White needs a complimentary CB on the other side, completing the Bills' DBs.

BANNED

I honestly don't get this at all. I get that we're nowhere near competitive this year, but I feel he has 2-3 good years left. If not, a trade for something of value seems like a no-brainer. A 3rd or 4th round pick from a competitive team looking for a piece to put them over the top. We don't draft or pay for corners (Gilmore aside), so once he's gone (and given JC Jackson's performance, he'll be lining up for more money than we can pay him either) and McCourty retires we're looking at an absolutely dreadful pass defense to go with our absolutely dreadful rush defense. And we have, at best, a serviceable QB and run-game and receiving corps. If the goal is to become the mid 2010s Texans and ride the 8-8 (or 9-8, 8-9) record to mediocrity then good move. Otherwise, still want to see someone in the know explain why this is in any way a good move for the future of the team. I guess we're going to join the Cowboys fanbase and live off of accomplishments of decades past. Ah well, was a good run.

The Panthers just traded for Gilmore. They gave up a 6R 2023 pick.

Panthers agreed to take his full salary.

Everyone's outrage has been misplaced.

Gilmore is apparently from Rock Hill, so he is a native of the area. This will be a homecoming for him.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-06-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Hmm! My Eagles face Carolina this coming Sunday. I wonder if Gilmore will play?

Gilmore is apparently from Rock Hill, so he is a native of the area. This will be a homecoming for him.
    I think the key there is the Panthers taking the full salary, which gives the Pats the cap relief they needed. If they had to eat part of the salary, that wouldn't have happened. They might not have found a team to take the full salary before the release was announced, hence there not being a trade prior to this.

From what Schefter said, the Pats want to sign LB Collins, and 2 0r 3 other moves, plus have cap flexibility to sign injury replacements and cover performance bonuses and players outperforming contacts and getting bonuses per agreements with the NFLPA, none of which they could have done with Gilmore's salary on the books, and Gilmore was not willing to rework the current season salary as part of the negotiations for an extension, so they were at an impasse. Keeping Gilmore was hurting their present and future ability to manipulate the roster.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hmm! My Eagles face Carolina this coming Sunday. I wonder if Gilmore will play?
    I don't think he can play till week 6.