Page 44 of 234 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Reports are that Russell Wilson had surgery today on that finger for a ruptured tendon and will miss 4-8 weeks. Do the Seahawks stand pat with Geno, or do they look for a QB on the market?

-M
    I think they might have to look as sticking with Geno Smith is not a viable option in the long term. But, who's available, Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers? Considering how strong the other teams are in NFC West, Seattle will have to make a move or risk falling behind.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Geno Smith has quietly been Russell Wilson's backup for 3 seasons. If he doesn't know the playbook, he's got no excuse.

And if he turns it over and costs them a game or two, Seattle might consider trading for someone once he's proven to have failed. Otherwise, they might just have to call the season a wash... but they can't say they're doing it for a higher draft pick, given they traded next year's first rounder away for Jamaal Adams.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

I'm not a Seahawks fan, but that sucks. He's one of the most fun QBs to watch.

BANNED

Went over to NFL.com to see what was going on with injuries/whatnot, saw an "Uh oh" headline and figured it's pretty legit if they're posting it right on the front page there. Sad, not sure what it means for Gruden's time with the Raiders:

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-nfl...l-to-describe-

Wasn't a "hard R", but was worse than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Went over to NFL.com to see what was going on with injuries/whatnot, saw an "Uh oh" headline and figured it's pretty legit if they're posting it right on the front page there. Sad, not sure what it means for Gruden's time with the Raiders:

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-nfl...l-to-describe-

Wasn't a "hard R", but was worse than I was expecting.
    I don't know if he's going to be fired or not, but I have a feeling he's going to have a shitstorm on his hands in the locker room. His apology was pretty much the fake kind of apology you would expect. Check out this Yahoo article for how he made things worse. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Gruden and Meyer are further proving the NFL has different rules for different people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Gruden and Meyer are further proving the NFL has different rules for different people.
    Meyer is employed by one of the most patient owners in the league. Shad Khan won't pull the trigger now, if anything, he'll wait until the end of the season. As for Chucky, he's in the fourth year of a ten year, $100 million dollar deal, the Raiders aren't likely to ax Gruden and eat the cash left on his contract, no matter what he's said or done.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meyer is employed by one of the most patient owners in the league. Shad Khan won't pull the trigger now, if anything, he'll wait until the end of the season. As for Chucky, he's in the fourth year of a ten year, $100 million dollar deal, the Raiders aren't likely to ax Gruden and eat the cash left on his contract, no matter what he's said or done.
    Unless their actions start impacting season ticket sales and merchandising revenue, then all bets are off for how long they stay. Owners will forgive almost anything unless the worm turns against their bottom line because of it. If the Raiders ownership sees the potential loss of revenue stemming from Gruden as being greater than they payout to buy out his contract, the contract won't save him.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Unless their actions start impacting season ticket sales and merchandising revenue, then all bets are off for how long they stay. Owners will forgive almost anything unless the worm turns against their bottom line because of it. If the Raiders ownership sees the potential loss of revenue stemming from Gruden as being greater than they payout to buy out his contract, the contract won't save him.

-M
    True, but if the Raiders win, chances are excellent fans won't care that Chucky is a racist douchebag.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Raiders won't fire Gruden anytime soon. 3 losing seasons , trading away his star players and only now fielding an ok team that should realistically win the division he is kept due to the insane costs of that $100+ million dollar deal. I did chuckle that the last few seasons Gruden comically has had to sit and shake his head as Mahomes somehow pulls off this magic to beat the Raiders nearly every game.

Gruden has to win something soon though or the Raiders will be looked at as fools for handing him that much money ...for nothing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Gruden has to win something soon though or the Raiders will be looked at as fools for handing him that much money ...for nothing.
    They were looked at as fools simply for signing him in the first place.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Jets vs. Falcons from London at 9 this morning (EST). Who's watching this dog with fleas?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jets vs. Falcons from London at 9 this morning (EST). Who's watching this dog with fleas?
    Ill be up and nothing else is on so I will have it on in the back round as I read comics.

Meanwhile WPP I picked the Eagles today. Do you think I am safe or am I dumb as a box of rocks?/
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ill be up and nothing else is on so I will have it on in the back round as I read comics.

Meanwhile WPP I picked the Eagles today. Do you think I am safe or am I dumb as a box of rocks?/
    I'll be watching the "other" football (English Premier League soccer) until NFL games come on at one.

To answer your question, I do believe the Panthers will be without Christian McCaffery, their most potent offensive weapon for today's game, so that's one plus for the Birds. Still, my squad will face a stout Carolina defense, I see this as a low scoring contest, but, I think my Eagles will pull it out, though not by much, maybe 20-17. We gotta win, because of a short turnaround for a Thursday night game against Tampa.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    They were looked at as fools simply for signing him in the first place.
    Signing Gruden to coach isn't a terrible idea. He was a decent offensive coach and did win a Super Bowl. Its just he had issues falling for every QB on Earth. Which ended him in Tampa Bay as he couldn't decide on a QB.

Its paying Jon Gruden a $100+ million dollar salary and giving him 10 years with really so many years. Its locking in a guy a decade when you could have coaches fall apart within 2-3 seasons as we know. (Andy Reid signs 4-5 year contracts...his last extension was in 2020 and he likely signed til 2024/2025)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.