Page 52 of 234 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

I agree with WPP. Will anyone in the sycophantic Sports media dig into Snyder's end in all this and maybe get a peek at his emails?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

This is the world we live in. A news channel and we know what one did a segment on cancel culture striking again with Gurden being the new victim. A man who made a mistake a decade ago and has gone on and on about how sorry he was yet still lost his job. The only person on there that agreed he should have lost his job said that he should have lost it not because of what he said but because of the fact he lost the respect of the locker room and couldnt do the job he was hired to do.

I dont know why I keep being shocked at these people but for some reason I still am.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Kellen Moore 4 Raiders HC

(doubt Jerry will let him go)
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This is the world we live in. A news channel and we know what one did a segment on cancel culture striking again with Gurden being the new victim. A man who made a mistake a decade ago and has gone on and on about how sorry he was yet still lost his job. The only person on there that agreed he should have lost his job said that he should have lost it not because of what he said but because of the fact he lost the respect of the locker room and couldnt do the job he was hired to do.

I dont know why I keep being shocked at these people but for some reason I still am.
    Did this certain news channel report that some of those emails from Gruden were as recent as 2018? I'm gonna take a wild assed guess and say they didn't. Why let silly stuff like facts get in the way of a good whine about Chucky being a victim of "cancel culture"?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Jets are cheering on Seattle to tank with them. They have the Seahawks' first round pick this year ... they could be getting 2 really high picks this coming draft!

And if Wentz can make to it 75% of his snaps ... the Eagles will have 3 first round picks!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-12-2021 at 10:03 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Amazing. The kinds of things Gruden was saying would not have been acceptable even in the "good old days" by any decent person, D or R. Cosell proves that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Jets are cheering on Seattle to tank with them. They have the Seahawks' first round pick this year ... they could be getting 2 really high picks this coming draft!

And if Wentz can make to it 75% of his snaps ... the Eagles will have 3 first round picks!
    Chances are one of those picks could be used on a quarterback as there's no consensus that Jalen Hurts is the Eagles' answer at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Chances are one of those picks could be used on a quarterback as there's no consensus that Jalen Hurts is the Eagles' answer at the position.
    How is it going with Hurts. I see the stat lines on his games but do you think they are doing a good job of developing him thus far?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Do we now think the Raiders season will be at risk because of Gruden resigning?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I mean they were never going to go to the Super Bowl to begin with.

I don't think their season is over. I don't think they have a shot against the Bills though. The rest of the AFC though? Strange things can happen.

I do think Olsen and Carr are now unshackled by some of Gruden's habits/tendencies. I FULLY expect the offense to switch to a pass first style, with Josh Jacobs sprinkled in (provided that their O-Line can do their job). And nothing will change scheme wise on D.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'll miss Gruden as he really helped Kansas City with his decision making on personnel decisions where he traded away his all-star pass rusher and all-pro WR to reboot a team already close. I have to thank Gruden for really not realizing he's a decent coach but once he gained that power he f-cked the Raiders worse. It was funny to watch the Raiders franchise literally trade Mack away and never really recover from it as the team didn't have anyone to match his production.

This made life easy for a young Pat Mahomes so he could become the player he'd become.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

How is it going with Hurts. I see the stat lines on his games but do you think they are doing a good job of developing him thus far?
    It's genuinely hard to tell. I mean, for three quarters on Sunday, Hurts looked lost, then in the fourth, the light bulb went on and he delivered a great finish for a much needed win. Is Hurts being developed? A couple of hosts on the local sports radio station have come right out and said he's not being properly coached, and sometimes, it shows, even to a clueless fan like me. That's why fans and the media aren't completely sold on Hurts.

I think the Raiders are done. They lost their last two games before the Gruden bomb went off, now they've got a special teams coordinator taking over, someone who probably has zero experience as a head coach, assuming the reins of a team in one of the two or three toughest divisions in the league. Sure, Vegas might enjoy an initial boost now that Chucky's gone, but that figures to little more than a dead cat bounce, and once reality sets in, the trap door will open and the Raiders will fall through it to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think the Raiders are done. They lost their last two games before the Gruden bomb went off, now they've got a special teams coordinator taking over, someone who probably has zero experience as a head coach, assuming the reins of a team in one of the two or three toughest divisions in the league. Sure, Vegas might enjoy an initial boost now that Chucky's gone, but that figures to little more than a dead cat bounce, and once reality sets in, the trap door will open and the Raiders will fall through it to the bottom.
    Completely disagree.

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach and DBs coach before he got the HC gig for the Ravens, with no previous HC experiance. Now i'm not saying Rich Bisaccia is the going to be the savior for Raider Nation (that's Kellen Moore ohohoho) but the guy has been an assistant HC for SD, Dallas and the Raiders. I don't think putting a game plan with Greg Olsen and Gus Bradly is going to make him lose his mind.

Yes the season could be done. But I don't think so. The Raiders are predictably unpredictable.

The Raiders players seem to be on Gruden's side and are more of the "he was the victim" mindset. I expect them to play with a big chip on their shoulder the rest of the season. Might not translate to wins but its going to translate to intensity.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.