Page 66 of 234 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I wonder if the Broncos will be like the Browns and go years without finding a franchise QB ?
    Definitely looks that way as, if I heard right, they've gone through 10 QB's since Manning.

It'll probably be a long while. I think they'll have a nice niche right alongside the Lions as Jets as teams that just do not matter. And that's unfortunate for the league as they're one of those franchises where you say a league is better when they're relevant.

First they need an owner who will instill accountability. There is none within the franchise right now. That's the main reason Elway has been fairly insulated, not the popularity factor. Not anymore at least. He got major benefits of the doubt beforehand but trust me, that's worn out. But get an owner who will show Ellis and everyone else the door. They need to completely clean house everywhere, I guess except with the caveat of giving Paton a chance to have actual power to build a team. Guess that one depends. I wouldn't mind him being given an actual shot but it wouldn't burn me if he went too. But they need to be completely nuked, so unless they were to get extremely lucky in the QB department right after that, its going to be a long time before they're anything close to relevant again.

As a fan the only thing I can take solace in is that the Chiefs look human. I mean I'd trade for their lot in a heartbeat if I could, they're still contenders, but at the very least I don't have to be subjected to dominance anymore. At least until they play the Broncos, lol. Getting swept in the division to not only the Chiefs but to everyone else isn't going to be fun. Only thing I have to look forward to right now is the chance that Fangio and hopefully Shurmur too get the boot during the season.

But to be fair to Elway on the Lynch thing, he didn't move up specifically to spite the Chiefs. There was major interest from Jones and the Cowboys too so he was trying to beat more than one team to the punch. Its funny now in retrospect but Dak was at the time considered their consolation prize. Likewise Dak was the one the Broncos originally were higher on but they made too big a deal out of his pot bust. But there was nothing unbecoming at the time for Elway to move up for a guy multiple teams wanted. Its just too bad he "won" that particular fight.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-22-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Titans have pretty big injury report today.

Holy cow ... aren't they playing the Chiefs?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It'll probably be a long while. I think they'll have a nice niche right alongside the Lions as Jets as teams that just do not matter. And that's unfortunate for the league as they're one of those franchises where you say a league is better when they're relevant.

First they need an owner who will instill accountability. There is none within the franchise right now. That's the main reason Elway has been fairly insulated, not the popularity factor. Not anymore at least. He got major benefits of the doubt beforehand but trust me, that's worn out. But get an owner who will show Ellis and everyone else the door. They need to completely clean house everywhere, I guess except with the caveat of giving Paton a chance to have actual power to build a team. Guess that one depends. I wouldn't mind him being given an actual shot but it wouldn't burn me if he went too. But they need to be completely nuked, so unless they were to get extremely lucky in the QB department right after that, its going to be a long time before they're anything close to relevant again.

As a fan the only thing I can take solace in is that the Chiefs look human. I mean I'd trade for their lot in a heartbeat if I could, they're still contenders, but at the very least I don't have to be subjected to dominance anymore. At least until they play the Broncos, lol. Getting swept in the division to not only the Chiefs but to everyone else isn't going to be fun. Only thing I have to look forward to right now is the chance that Fangio and hopefully Shurmur too get the boot during the season.

But to be fair to Elway on the Lynch thing, he didn't move up specifically to spite the Chiefs. There was major interest from Jones and the Cowboys too so he was trying to beat more than one team to the punch. Its funny now in retrospect but Dak was at the time considered their consolation prize. Likewise Dak was the one the Broncos originally were higher on but they made too big a deal out of his pot bust. But there was nothing unbecoming at the time for Elway to move up for a guy multiple teams wanted. Its just too bad he "won" that particular fight.
    But the Broncos do have a pretty nice place to watch a game, that stadium is top notch. My big question is - are they still selling out every game? If so, then I would guess the team would be slow to blow it all up.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I wonder if the Broncos will be like the Browns and go years without finding a franchise QB ?
    browns may be in that boat. With Baker's contract up at the end of the year. Him being injured right now and not known when he can come back, they have to ask is he really worth the money at this point given his record and lack of real success?

I mean look at the Qb's in the AFC North. You have Jackson, Burrow, and the big rumor of Rodgers coming to Pitt next year. Is baker really the guy you can trust to go up against those guys? The only reason I can see them resigning him is because the draft class next year is not good at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Titans have pretty big injury report today.

Holy cow ... aren't they playing the Chiefs?
    But the Chiefs Defense is hot garbage. Henry will blow right through them.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    But the Chiefs Defense is hot garbage. Henry will blow right through them.
    The way to beat the Titans is how Arizona did it... you have to go up big early so that Tennessee is more likely to abandon the run. If they have to pass the ball, they're less of a threat. If Henry can keep running through all 4 quarters, he'll get you in the fourth. You have to make them try to keep up in a shootout...

And the Titans' secondary is... not good. The Chiefs have enough weapons to jump out to a lead and not look back.

That's really gonna be this game. The first half will dictate what happens for the whole game.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Not that they are playing world beaters, but the Patriots are looking halfway decent as they pound the Jets 31-7 at the half.

But what the hell is going on with the Chief? They are down 27-0 to the Titans at the half.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I know some people picked the Titans as an upset pick. But anyone who said they would be up 27-0 at halftime would be lying!

How about Washington hanging tough with The Packers? And the Panthers and Giants so low scoring?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its a long year for KC. The team defense is **** , Mahomes can't do it all himself and it hit. The team as I said a couple weeks ago will be lucky to go 8-8 this season given how bad the defense is and that it needs upgraded. KC didn't add anything to it and are paying the price.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I know some people picked the Titans as an upset pick. But anyone who said they would be up 27-0 at halftime would be lying!

How about Washington hanging tough with The Packers? And the Panthers and Giants so low scoring?
    21-7 at the half, not so tough.

And my Dolphins suck. Losing to the Falcons is one thing, being stomped is another. Flores' seat is scorching.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My Bengals are handling the Ravens right now! Chase is a damn beast!

And yea the score got a little out of hand in the Washington game after I typed that.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My Bengals are handling the Ravens right now! Chase is a damn beast!

And yea the score got a little out of hand in the Washington game after I typed that.
    A win here could mean an awful lot at the end of the season.

Miami coming back, now 21-27.
    Tua threw a pick in the end zone earlier. That could be what costs them the game.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-24-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Bengals may be a real deal? I have too many years of PTSD to say for sure.

Bengals looked really good today.