Page 75 of 234 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3509

The Phins being bad is not on Tua. Like Tannerhill before him, they does know how to bring along a rookie QB. While Watson is elite, too much baggage, Houston wants to much and they still won't be a good team.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No surprise. The idea is to have Dak avoid making that injury worse, nobody in NFC Least is going to catch Dallas, so that’s not a concern, still, a loss in the conference, should the Cowboys come up short tonight could be problematical.

Trading for Watson is one thing, having him play is another matter. I’m on record saying Watson won’t see the field this year, given the legal mess he’s in, and nothing’s changed that opinion, it’s only a matter of time before Goodell hits Watson with the banhammer for the remainder of 2021.

From reports Goodell is waiting on the legal system to play out 1st before he does anything. Due to the NFLPA who would jump in claiming Goodell is acting without reason before its settled.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Cowboys manage to pull it out with Cooper Rush at QB. Vikings converted a 3rd down on the opening drive in which they scored a TD and then went 0-12 on third downs the rest of the way (1 for 13 for the game). You can't win games like that, even when you have a +2 turnover margin.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Cowboys manage to pull it out with Cooper Rush at QB. Vikings converted a 3rd down on the opening drive in which they scored a TD and then went 0-12 on third downs the rest of the way (1 for 13 for the game). You can't win games like that, even when you have a +2 turnover margin.

-M
    Conservative play calling by Zimmer and... a hell of a lot of checkdowns by Kirk Cousins dumping it off to receivers near the line of scrimmage will make that stat happen.

Zimmer's going up the "FIRE THIS COACH" list, because he just lost to the Cowboys... at Home... without Dak... AFTER HAVING 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE because they were coming off the BYE.

That's pathetic.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hey Siri called a great game yesterday which included over 200 rushing yards, and that was without lead back Miles Sanders. Jalen Hurts only threw 14 passes (completed nine) and the Birds absolutely curbstomped Detroit. Kudos to embattled defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon who unleashed the hounds, resulting in half a dozen sacks, leaving the Lions’ so-called offense null and void. Whether or not the Eagles will be able to carry that momentum into this coming Sunday’s home game against the Chargers (Sirianni has yet to win at the Linc) is anybody’s guess.

Meanwhile, I’m guessing Lions’ head coach Dan Campbell will climb higher on WBE’s coaching hot seat list, especially after he went for it on fourth and 11 from just inside Philly’s 45 yard line. Predictably, the play miserably failed and the Birds took advantage of the short field to notch another touchdown. If beat writers in Motown aren’t roasting Campbell on that call, then they aren’t doing their jobs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hey Siri called a great game yesterday which included over 200 rushing yards, and that was without lead back Miles Sanders. Jalen Hurts only threw 14 passes (completed nine) and the Birds absolutely curbstomped Detroit. Kudos to embattled defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon who unleashed the hounds, resulting in half a dozen sacks, leaving the Lions’ so-called offense null and void. Whether or not the Eagles will be able to carry that momentum into this coming Sunday’s home game against the Chargers (Sirianni has yet to win at the Linc) is anybody’s guess.

Meanwhile, I’m guessing Lions’ head coach Dan Campbell will climb higher on WBE’s coaching hot seat list, especially after he went for it on fourth and 11 from just inside Philly’s 45 yard line. Predictably, the play miserably failed and the Birds took advantage of the short field to notch another touchdown. If beat writers in Motown aren’t roasting Campbell on that call, then they aren’t doing their jobs.
    If Campbell wasn't a first year coach and the Lions' ownership in the Ford family weren't known to be content to let s*** coaches chug along for 2-3 years before pulling the plug, he'd be #1, having gone winless and getting blown out after a BYE week.

I still think Brian Flores is in deeper s***. Urban Meyer... also got blown out yesterday and has one win, but again, first year. Zimmer's seat is hotter even though the record is 3-5 and they're still somehow not far out of the playoff hunt... but with as many years as the Vikes have just been also-rans, how they keep getting worse, and never got there after Cousins arrived as a "franchise QB savior", I think this year is his last.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Campbell wasn't a first year coach and the Lions' ownership in the Ford family weren't known to be content to let s*** coaches chug along for 2-3 years before pulling the plug, he'd be #1, having gone winless and getting blown out after a BYE week.

I still think Brian Flores is in deeper s***. Urban Meyer... also got blown out yesterday and has one win, but again, first year. Zimmer's seat is hotter even though the record is 3-5 and they're still somehow not far out of the playoff hunt... but with as many years as the Vikes have just been also-rans, how they keep getting worse, and never got there after Cousins arrived as a "franchise QB savior", I think this year is his last.
    I doubt that Campbell will last beyond this season, but not because the Ford family gets an itchy trigger finger and cuts him loose, I think the guy’s gonna burn out and quit. Have you seen his post game pressers? He was choked up after one loss a few weeks ago, and got emotional again yesterday, it was hard to watch. I can’t imagine how Lions players are reacting to that sort of thing, sure not every head coach can be Spock level stoic like Bill Belichick, but Campbell is on the other end of the spectrum, and not necessarily in a good way. I just don’t see this ending well for him.

I doubt that Campbell will last beyond this season, but not because the Ford family gets an itchy trigger finger and cuts him loose, I think the guy’s gonna burn out and quit. Have you seen his post game pressers? He was choked up after one loss a few weeks ago, and got emotional again yesterday, it was hard to watch. I can’t imagine how Lions players are reacting to that sort of thing, sure not every head coach can be Spock level stoic like Bill Belichick, but Campbell is on the other end of the spectrum, and not necessarily in a good way. I just don’t see this ending well for him.
    Remember Steve Mariucci? Guy went from all smiles as a 49ers assistant to years of dour press conferences after debacles in Detroit... then he hit the commentator's booth and was all grins again.

Playing for and coaching the Lions truly is trying upon a man's soul.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Remember Steve Mariucci? Guy went from all smiles as a 49ers assistant to years of dour press conferences after debacles in Detroit... then he hit the commentator's booth and was all grins again.

Playing for and coaching the Lions truly is trying upon a man's soul.
    Yeah, no wonder Barry Sanders and Megatron retired early rather than wreck their bodies playing for that dumpster fire of a team. If Cleveland is “The Factory of Sadness”, then Detroit is “The Superfund of Sorrow”. At least the Browns won a championship (1964 when I was five), the Lions have been hopelessly inept for decades, and nothing figures to change for decades to come.

Damn the Vikings couldnt even beat a back up QB at home? Who would have thunk it? The greatest football analyst of all Time Baby Blob! Picking Dallas and the Under

Why do I not work for ESPN? I have no clue!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

3-5 is still alive. The Eagles ran the ball and won. They are in second place now. If they play a balanced offense the second half of the season they can do a lot better and finish with a 9-7 record.

Derrick Henry probably out for the season.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-foot-injury

And the Titans are probably done as well. Probably no other team is reliant on their RB as much.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

And the Titans are probably done as well. Probably no other team is reliant on their RB as much.
    The dude had more rushing attepmts then any one in the league and by a lot. Cant put the whole team on his back and expect him not to feel it after a bit.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The worst NFL coaching job for every coach is the Detroit Lions. I mean ever since the time Bobby Layne was traded away the job has been complete hell for coaches. Almost every one who gets the job looks like they been through hell.

The Lions EPIC failure of an organization makes the NY Jets look like greatness. Put this in mind....the Lions have only had 1 playoff win in near 60 years. If they don't make the playoffs or win in 2022 it will be 60 years with the last playoff victory in 1991. That is....just an epic watch of tragedy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

You’re probably right. Asking Ryan Tannehill to win games with his arm is a fool’s errand. Needless to say, Tennessee is in trouble.