Page 77 of 234 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3509

Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley is stepping away from the game to focus on his mental well-being. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Well, my fantasy team had Calvin Ridley, Kyler Murray, and Derrick Henry.

You can imagine how my prospects are looking for this weekend's game.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I can only hope Kansas City gets a good impact defensive player high in the draft. Its been a tough year and makes me remember my mind set of 2007-2012 lol. Each year I'd be going ...hope the draft is good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Chiefs are having way to hard of a time against the Giants tonight. They have real problems but so many talking heads on ESPN and Fox Sports are talking like they are just one good game from having a big run that fixes everything. Maybe? but tonight aint that game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Chiefs are having way to hard of a time against the Giants tonight. They have real problems but so many talking heads on ESPN and Fox Sports are talking like they are just one good game from having a big run that fixes everything. Maybe? but tonight aint that game.
    Its not just a run , the defensive unit is utter ****. I mean when your ranking dead last in defense totally , your not a good unit. I'm even kinda begging we bring in.....yes ....we need Rex Ryan . Can we get him outta retirement to return and coach defense ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The Giants' hopes are crushed by their offensive line leaving Daniel Jones up as dead meat for two sacks in the final four plays, and they can't get anywhere near FG range to tie it back up.

For the moment, the Chiefs' defense has saved the day. But, y'know, don't get too excited because it was against the injury depleted G-Men's offense.

Back to 4-4 for KC, still in the playoff hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not just a run , the defensive unit is utter ****. I mean when your ranking dead last in defense totally , your not a good unit. I'm even kinda begging we bring in.....yes ....we need Rex Ryan . Can we get him outta retirement to return and coach defense ?
    You don't want that. Rex Ryan would be more like Buddy and divide the locker room with the defense vs. the offense and undermine Andy Reid at every turn. Rex Ryan's an egomaniac and a half. Leave him in the studio making bad takes.

There's better defensive coaches out there that I'd call. I'd think about James Bettcher, who did well in AZ with Bruce Arians, kept the Giants' defense decent before he was let go when Pat Shurmur got fired and replaced with Joe Judge. Bettcher did well with what he had to work with there, and he's currently in an ambiguous role with the 49ers' defense (which is also pretty good). He's also worked with Tyrann Matthieu before, so if the Chiefs are keeping him for longer, there's some chemistry.

Chiefs squeaked bye but they needed it.

Packers, Raiders, Cowboys is not gunna be easy
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

It would be nice if this was the "signal" to flip on for the defense. But well...I kinda doubt it. I say Reid & Veach will be seeing how the defense handles the rest of the season and who to keep or cut loose. People have brought up KC trading for a DE, DT , LB or DB. But well...they may have to stand pat and examine who deserves to come back in 2022.

I get what you mean. I just get tired of the ass kissing from the talking heads like there is no issue in KC. I am going to love the "Do we start to worry about KC?" talk there will be on the shows Tuesday just to have 3/4 of the people say "Nah! They are a playoff team. They just have to make a few minor changes.'
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Chiefs squeaked bye but they needed it.

Packers, Raiders, Cowboys is not gunna be easy
    Packers are going to crush these dudes next week. At least that is my hot take.

Then again everyone thought the same about the Bengals vs Jets on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You don't want that. Rex Ryan would be more like Buddy and divide the locker room with the defense vs. the offense and undermine Andy Reid at every turn. Rex Ryan's an egomaniac and a half. Leave him in the studio making bad takes.

There's better defensive coaches out there that I'd call. I'd think about James Bettcher, who did well in AZ with Bruce Arians, kept the Giants' defense decent before he was let go when Pat Shurmur got fired and replaced with Joe Judge. Bettcher did well with what he had to work with there, and he's currently in an ambiguous role with the 49ers' defense (which is also pretty good). He's also worked with Tyrann Matthieu before, so if the Chiefs are keeping him for longer, there's some chemistry.
    We did sign one of Ryan's defensive coaches when Reid 1st came there. Bob Sutton was signed and he brought in that LB blitz heavy attack scheme. Which carried KC those early years with Reid. That defense was top notch awhile til it lost too many guys and Sutton took a lot of blame for playoff collapse.

It would be nice if this was the "signal" to flip on for the defense. But well...I kinda doubt it. I say Reid & Veach will be seeing how the defense handles the rest of the season and who to keep or cut loose. People have brought up KC trading for a DE, DT , LB or DB. But well...they may have to stand pat and examine who deserves to come back in 2022.
    I was just thinking about how much Dallas' record-setting s*** defense has come around after only one year... but hey, they fired Mike Nolan, suddenly these guys are being used in a much more effective scheme. I don't think it's just a personnel problem in KC. Coaches gotta know how to utilize the talent they have, and if their skills don't work in the scheme you've got, you have to change your scheme to accommodate the players. They've lost some quality pass rushers and the secondary is getting exposed more now that QBs aren't being pressured.

If this team has Patrick Mahomes suit up on any Sunday, they should at least have a chance. They might not have the free agent budget to bring in any big names... so they're gonna have to hit on draft picks with defense for a couple years. Especially given they're likely to pick at the middle to end of the first round.

We did sign one of Ryan's defensive coaches when Reid 1st came there. Bob Sutton was signed and he brought in that LB blitz heavy attack scheme. Which carried KC those early years with Reid. That defense was top notch awhile til it lost too many guys and Sutton took a lot of blame for playoff collapse.
    I don't think the Buddy Ryan coaching tree is poisonous, or anything...

Just the genetic one. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I was just thinking about how much Dallas' record-setting s*** defense has come around after only one year... but hey, they fired Mike Nolan, suddenly these guys are being used in a much more effective scheme. I don't think it's just a personnel problem in KC. Coaches gotta know how to utilize the talent they have, and if their skills don't work in the scheme you've got, you have to change your scheme to accommodate the players. They've lost some quality pass rushers and the secondary is getting exposed more now that QBs aren't being pressured.

If this team has Patrick Mahomes suit up on any Sunday, they should at least have a chance. They might not have the free agent budget to bring in any big names... so they're gonna have to hit on draft picks with defense for a couple years. Especially given they're likely to pick at the middle to end of the first round.
    They will at least have near $30 million in cap space once they redo some contracts in 2022. I'd say dive big into free agency. But they need secondary help and pair pass rushers with Jones up front.