Page 84 of 234 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3509
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Maybe the NFL did know. MRP made a great post talking about the back and forth Rodgers was doing with the league of some magic potion.

Well if they did know then I don't know why they would put out a statement saying we are reviewing the Packers policies. There seems to be a lot of people trying to cover their asses right now.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well if they did know then I don't know why they would put out a statement saying we are reviewing the Packers policies. There seems to be a lot of people trying to cover their asses right now.
    Would you expect anything else from the NFL regarding any issue? It's how they operate and have operated for decades. It should surprise no one. They only react when their bottom line is put in jeopardy by public perception or potential lawsuits. Since COVID policies have a risk of either, everyone is covering their asses and trying to spin everything to create distractions so no one looks at what actually went down and to obscure their own culpability in the whole affair.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I am not sure either. maybe they did not know? Maybe they were lied to? I huge no clue. There seems to be something new coming out every couple hours.

How much of a mess this season been for crazy crap?

Right Now Meyer is at his house wanting to tweet "Letting a woman grind on me doesnt look so bad now huh guys?"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Would you expect anything else from the NFL regarding any issue? It's how they operate and have operated for decades. It should surprise no one. They only react when their bottom line is put in jeopardy by public perception or potential lawsuits. Since COVID policies have a risk of either, everyone is covering their asses and trying to spin everything to create distractions so no one looks at what actually went down and to obscure their own culpability in the whole affair.

-M
    Yea I am not a a reporter. But I attempted to watch some of these ESPN/ Fox shows today. And they all talked about the fact that he tested positive. But none of those clowns wanted to touch wtf led to this point and that he was walking around in blatant violation of the leagues covid protocols and why this was. The whole industry is in cover up mode.

The only one who really brought up him violating Covid rules that I saw was Cowherd. but he didnt touch on it much.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Rodgers should honestly know better. Once he's traded ...former teammates are gonna enjoy airing their grievances against this guy. That he literally split the team at times , pushed one coach out (McCarthy) , demanded a trade in off season , didn't really treat Jordan Love good at all , and now this. I'm sure the players will be playing LIGHTS OUT for Love this weekend to make the Packers brass pull the trigger on a trade to get him gone in 2022.

If he had any balls at all he should apologize to his teammates . But i fully expect Rodgers won't do that and instead act like its no big deal and if anyone speaks up to him in locker room they will become an enemy the entire rest of season. All while coaches will look the other way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

You know Rodgers. He will show up on ESPN or something and do a 30 minute rant on how he is the real victim here.

You know Rodgers. He will show up on ESPN or something and do a 30 minute rant on how he is the real victim here.
    He does that on Pat McAfee's show every week.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yea I am not a a reporter. But I attempted to watch some of these ESPN/ Fox shows today. And they all talked about the fact that he tested positive. But none of those clowns wanted to touch wtf led to this point and that he was walking around in blatant violation of the leagues covid protocols and why this was. The whole industry is in cover up mode.
    None of those guys who you saw on ESPN or Fox were reporters either. They're talking heads reading off a teleprompter what is written by staff writers who work for companies that makes a good chunk of its revenue from the NFL. They aren't going to be digging into the reasons why or what actually happened and if they actually do get off their ass and out of the studio to actually talk to someone who might now, their going to ask the powder puff questions they were told to ask not anything resembling investigative journalism. ESPN and Fox Sports (and their ilk) are essentially marketing wings of the major sports networks not reporters or journalists, so don't expect to get any insight from them. The only ones asking anything resembling real questions are the ones doing it for clicks and ratings, and even they have zero intention of actually investigating anything or doing any reporting, they're just trying to rile people up to get the clicks and numbers their advertisers want to see. And that's the way the sports industry has been for decades. The only time you will find something out is if someone f--ks up and leaks something they weren't supposed to or something happens that attracts attention form outside their sandbox and outside eyes (i.e. people beyond the sports world) start looking at it.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The only one who really brought up him violating Covid rules that I saw was Cowherd. but he didnt touch on it much.
    Mike Greenberg was talking about it a bit as well... They admitted they could not make it more of a topic because details were still sketchy while he was on air and it is still a "developing story".

Which is a rare bit of responsible journalism from someone at ESPN, kinda surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He does that on Pat McAfee's show every week.
    Hopefully his appearance on it this week was done via Zoom, amirite?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    If Rogers was going back and forth with the league office about his alternate treatment counting as giving him vaccinated status and the league didn't give a definitive ruling on it immediately, then GB is not going to be on the hook for the league's indecision. Reports are it was extended back and forth lasting weeks, so if the league knew about this (and they had to if it was a back and forth) and didn't give GB a ruling in exactly what Rogers status was as the process was taking place, then GB wasn't "letting it happen" they were waiting on the league's determination. Stupid? Yes. They should have erred on the side of caution and required him to observe all protocols for unvaccinated players, especially in a a pandemic. But not a violation of league policies punishable by the league because it was the league itself that delayed ruling on Rogers' vaccination status and were aware of it all along so he wasn't considered unvaccinated until the league made a ruling on the matter.

-M
    This sounds exactly like its going to go down. Especially since the word being thrown around by Rodgers was "immunized" rather than "vaccinated." The league has rules about being vaccinated but nothing about being immunized. The automatic assumption is that the two words mean the same thing, even though one has certain implications and the other does not. Lawyers will love this one.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rodgers attempted to push some phoney-baloney alternative cure which the league flat out said "NO" to, so Roger Goodell and company knew he wasn't vaccinated and let him off the hook. Why? Because Rodgers is a designated golden calf who can't be even questioned about his dubious behavior regarding his not having gotten the shot, let alone punished.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-04-2021 at 01:06 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Man im watching the Boomer and Gio Show and they are just ripping Rodgers apart. Esiason called Rodgers a lunatic and is just tearing into him. I love it!

BANNED

I kinda want to see Love go off and just ball hard against the Chiefs. 400 yards, 5 touchdowns, etc. Just for the drama. Not a Packers fan (heck, a Rodgers fan as a player if not a human being). I just think it'd be fun. Also, selfishly, I'd like to see Brady get another ring before hanging it up and I only see the Pack and the 'Boys standing in their way to get to the big game. A locker room distraction would be entertaining.

Shailene Woodley makes her own "medicine". So we can assume where his special immunization came from. Probably a mixture of Foxglove, peppermint and olive oil.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!