Page 9 of 234 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Sam Darnold, in his first game after Adam Gase, has a 125.9 QBR thus far against the Jets.

Ha!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Taylor Heinkie is leading Washington big time today. Guy should have gotten the job this off season after last years heroics.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Eagles vs. Falcons has been a ridiculous penalty fest with some two dozen between flags between both teams, but the Birds are on top 15-6 late in the third quarter.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So according to NFL.com ...Matthew Stafford was nearly traded to Carolina. He however heard that and quickly made a push for LA Rams .

Stafford had narrowed his trade requests to 3 teams. One was 49ers , Rams and I believe the Saints.

Anyhow the Bears , Panthers and Jets were interested. The day of Senior Bowl the Panthers offered a 1st rd pick n Teddy Bridgewater. The deal seemed near...til Stafford made his pitch about Rams.

NY Jets , Bears and 49ers saw the Rams offer of 2 1st rd picks along with veteran QB and backed off.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I know we are only on the early Sunday games... but I think Chandler Jones is gonna be the NFC Defensive Player of the week. He's up to 4 sacks, a TFL, 2 forced fumbles, (both recovered by teammates) and there's been 2 false starts called on the Titans' backup left tackle trying to get a jump on him.

3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Arizona's up 38-13. Kyler Murray has thrown 4 TDs and run for another.

I... am not used to seeing my team blow anyone out. I'm more stunned than anything.

EDIT: Chandler Jones just got SACK #5 on the day.

They should've redone his contract in the offseason, now they REALLY are gonna have to pay him with the numbers he's likely to put up with J.J. Watt on the opposite side.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-12-2021 at 12:48 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Backing up a little, it was thought that the NFC West was regarded as the best division in football this season, with some pundits putting all 4 teams in the playoffs, and no wild cards going to any other NFC team.

The Rams get Chicago on Sunday night football tonight, but based on the morning games?

The other 3 NFC West teams are winning, or won in impressive fashion.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After a slow start in the first half, the Eagles went off in the second half, turning a slim 14-6 lead into a 32-6 rout for their first win of the season. Jalen Hurts threw for three touchdowns, RB Miles Sanders was a force in the running game, and the defense absolutely brutalized Matt Ryan after intermission. Not a bad start for the Birds.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After a slow start in the first half, the Eagles went off in the second half, turning a slim 14-6 lead into a 32-6 rout for their first win of the season. Jalen Hurts threw for three touchdowns, RB Miles Sanders was a force in the running game, and the defense absolutely brutalized Matt Ryan after intermission. Not a bad start for the Birds.
    I am shocked the Eagles did that well. I am happy about that.

The Bengals are shocking everyone by not being blown our by the Vikings. it is in OT right now. Bengals going for it on 4th and inches on the 50...

They get it and then some with a pass from Burrow down to the 21
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Bengals win 24-27 in an upset of the Vikings in ot
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I am more shocked about the Texans winning handily.

Lawrence was 333 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs.

Wilson was 258 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT.

Lance was 5 yards, 1 TD.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-12-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I am more shocked about the Texans winning handily.
    I picked the Texans so I was right. But I also picked the under so it was a wash for me

NE looks like the late 80s/early 90s pre-Kraft bums I grew up with.

Oi ... gonna be a long season.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I picked the Texans so I was right. But I also picked the under so it was a wash for me
    But the Bengals won!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    But the Bengals won!
    I am mixed about that happy they won. But I picked the Vikings and the under

But My Saints are also up 10 to zip on the Packers So heres hoping that holds

Winston is looking pretty good so far.