Page 29 of 234 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Your Eagles are Killing me WPP! When they get back to town you tell them they cost me ten bucks and I am not a happy Blob!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Your Eagles are Killing me WPP! When they get back to town you tell them they cost me ten bucks and I am not a happy Blob!
    I took the Cowboys and the under. I hope they stop scoring, LOL! I think I am safe.

The Cowboys are 4-1 against the spread in their last five games against the Eagles, so I thought this was an easy money bet.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I took the Cowboys and the under. I hope they stop scoring, LOL! I think I am safe.

The Cowboys are 4-1 against the spread in their last five games against the Eagles, so I thought this was an easy money bet.
    You may be in trouble though. Eagles just scored.

Lucky I dont bet big. Just a couple buddies. I am thinking I will roll the loss over to Thrusdays Bengals Game and try to cover my butt. Every one who bets knows chasing a loss is the way to get out of a hole
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Will do, homeslice. I have head coach Nick Sirianni on speed dial and I'll give him a ring today since I'm not all that pleased either.

Meanwhile, I think it's safe to say last night's dumpster fire of a game proved beyond any doubt that Dallas is the best team in NFC Least. If the Cowboys don't win the division, it'll only be because they screwed up, not due to any competition from the Birds, Giants or Deadskins.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Will do, homeslice. I have head coach Nick Sirianni on speed dial and I'll give him a ring today since I'm not all that pleased either.

Meanwhile, I think it's safe to say last night's dumpster fire of a game proved beyond any doubt that Dallas is the best team in NFC Least. If the Cowboys don't win the division, it'll only be because they screwed up, not due to any competition from the Birds, Giants or Deadskins.
    If Mike McCarthy blows winning this division, rather than going the predictable route and getting the team into the playoffs to lose in the first round, he would deserve to be fired.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Cincy over reacts with a meaningless loss. but they also over react with a big win. 2-1 right now after beating the Steelers. Now the local talking heads are talking about The bengals winning the Division. HA!
    It's a bit early to throw dirt on the Steelers' graves... but Baltimore and Cleveland are still, y'know... pretty good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's a bit early to throw dirt on the Steelers' graves... but Baltimore and Cleveland are still, y'know... pretty good, too.
    Very much agree. Cincy is the last team I pick to win that division.

If Mike McCarthy blows winning this division, rather than going the predictable route and getting the team into the playoffs to lose in the first round, he would deserve to be fired.
    No argument there. McCarthy is the only weak link on the Cowboys.

I agree it's too early to eulogize the Steelers, but damn, Big Ben looked like he was 60 instead of 40 on Sunday. Meanwhile, I have Baltimore winning AFC North.

WEEK 3 "WHO'S COOKIN' ON THE HOTSEAT?/FIRE THIS COACH!" DISCUSSION

COOL SEAT BROS Jon Gruden, Raiders/Vic Fangio, Broncos/ Kliff Kingsbury, Cardinals... while all 3 coaches have been on the FIRE THIS COACH radar coming into this year, they all started 3-0 and have, for the moment, left the realm of the hot seat. FOR NOW. They have 14 games to go.

10. Zac Taylor, Bengals (LUKEWARM SEAT) : The Bengals won their opener against a poorly coached Vikings team, and in Week 2 lost to the Chicago Bears even as they knocked Andy Dalton out of the game but couldn’t manage to sneak one out with Justin Fields in. At least the O-Line made sure Joe Burrow wasn’t murdered by Khalil Mack…

Why Zac Taylor might not get fired is two-fold… first… "Mike Brown is a f***ing cheapskate!" Remember all the years where people thought FOR SURE Marvin Lewis would get fired because he couldn't win a playoff game? And Cincinnatti kept him around? Well, the talk always was because Mike Brown couldn't find a cheaper, better option than that, and the skinflint would never spend money on a good coach. So I look at Zac Taylor, and think they're gonna give him at least until the end of the year and maybe longer because as bad as the Bengals look outside of Joe Burrow and as disgruntled as this locker room is... Zac Taylor still only makes between $400,000 and $600,000 a season. He is valued at roughly 1/20 of Bill Belichek, and maybe like 1/16 of an Andy Reid. And y’know what? The Brown family are “bullish” on a coach that last year, got their rookie star hurt and only won 4.5 games. It’s Cincinnatti, it’s not a question of if they’ll suck, it’s how much.

And yeah, they just beat Pittburgh, which will buy time for any coach not coaching the Steelers in the AFC North. More good news? Next week, they get Jacksonville, and if the Bengals move to 3-1, Zac Taylor might have a case for sticking around. If they blow it… well, his seat is gonna be instantly RED HOT even at a 2-2 record.

9. Mike McCarthy, Cowboys (LUKEWARM SEAT) Jerrah does not like chaos at the coaching position… but Mike McCarthy has continually been exposed as a coach, particularly in situations where he has to handle clock management to save his life. Or defense. He’s not good at fielding a defense. Which… are two pretty big things you want a coach to be able to do.

This being said, Dak Prescott, CeeDee Lamb, Ezekiel Elliott and the remnants of the Cowboys’ prolific offensive line mean the NFC (L)East still is the Cowboys’ to lose, and they got their first of what could be six free division wins this year by beating the Philadelphia Eagles on MNF.

We’re starting to accept that no matter how mediocre, at best, Mike McCarthy actually is, he’s going to hang around through this season and likely get a third one coaching in Dallas. But we will point and laugh at this team for keeping him every time he makes a ridiculous call from the sidelines.

9. Mike Zimmer, Vikings (LUKEWARM SEAT): The Vikings were supposedly "just a QB away" from winning a Super Bowl a few years ago with the impeccable defense they had, and they spent BIG for Kirk Cousins. Then they traded away Stephon Diggs (BIG MISTAKE), and their defense officially "got a case of the olds" going into 2020. Minnesota’s biggest off-season free agent signing was CB Patrick Peterson, who age has not just proven to be “no longer an elite corner”, he’s arguably “not even a starting corner” in the league, admitting on his podcast he struggles at covering any receiver who’s simply PUT IN MOTION. That’s the top free agent addition to an aged defense. That probably had a lot to do with how Joe Burrow and the Bengals beat the Vikings yesterday, with rookie JaMarr Chase going for over 100 yards and a big late catch against Peterson, who any coach worth their salt would admit needs safety help to get the job done anymore.

But no… there’s two big failings by Zimmer after Week 1. Somehow, he failed to get Dalvin Cook involved in the offense, having his team throw 50… yes FIFTY times, and thus they got outgained 149 to 67 by the Bengals. More embarrassing? Cincinnatti, often the butt of jokes for getting in their own way… the supposed Bungles only committed 3 penalties for 15 yards. Mike Zimmer’s Vikings squad?

TWELVE PENALTIES. 116 yards. HOLY F***, that is a damning statistic for how ready he had his team to play.

In Week Two, Minnesota went up 20-7 against Arizona, ended up trailing 24-23 at half, and then got a pick six on the Cardinals’ first drive of the second half. Their vaunted offense then got 3 points the rest of the second half, and their kicker lost them the game by one point, when you factor in his missed extra point early in the contest, and going wide right on a field goal attempt from 37 yards as time expired. Mike Zimmer coaches a team that keeps finding a way to lose, and as those losses continue, he’s making comments that lay the blame on his players… which is a way to lose a locker room fast.

This week, they don’t We’re predicting Mike Zimmer gets fired mid-season (Week 7 is their BYE, if they go 1-5 or 0-6, he might get the boot then). This week? They have another tough matchup against a 2020 playoff team in the Cleveland Browns…

8. Pete Carroll, Seahawks Yes, Carroll gave this city a Super Bowl. That was… some time ago. His franchise QB wants out of town. So far this year, this team is 1-2 and starting a losing streak where they blew a 2 TD lead at home to Tennessee in Week 2 and went down in flames in Week 3 to a previous winless Vikings squad without Dalvin Cook. The NFC West is going to be furious competition, and they’re already two games back of L.A. and Arizona, while still looking up at San Francisco, too. Speaking of, the Seahawks have to go on the road to play the 49ers this week.

Our reason why Carroll won’t be fired even though he’s a kooky 9/11 truther who keeps violating NFL policies for practices and getting the organization fined (he kind of has a track record of cheating, but he’s not Belichek so it’s not thought about)…. Our reason he wont be fired is Pete Carroll is under contract now until 2025. That’s a lot of money to eat, no matter how bad the record is this year.

7. Bill Belichek, Patriots: Does Belichek get a pass this year they’re starting a rookie QB in Mac Jones? They had seven starters on defense sit out last year due to Covid-19… but those guys are back. Is the story of this year going to be “Belichek gets a pass because he started a rookie he’s developing?” We’re saying, yes. That’s why no matter what Tom Brady does in Tampa Bay that will make people wonder if Belichek maybe isn’t that good without him, he’ll be allowed to hang around.

After Week Two, Belichek looked reeeeallll smart, but that’s because he got the cure for whatever has ailed him for two decades… the New York Jets. Mac Jones completely outplayed Zach Wilson, his counterpart on the other side, and the Patriots’ defense picked off Wilson four times. Darth Hoodie’s doom is not impending… at this time.

In Week 3, they just got handled without much fuss by the Saints, leaving the Pats at 1-2. This week, Tampa Bay comes to town, and if Tom Brady stomps a mud hole into Belichek's ass in front of the home town fans, the talk about his future as head coach could begin. If he loses WEEI radio, and that's their talking point between weeks four and five, watch out.

6. Robert Saleh, Jets: Look, we’re gonna say it… we thought this was a solid hire. It probably still is… but the Jets have looked AWFUL through 3 weeks, even for Gang Green. They got shut out against the Denver Broncos yesterday and struggled to get even 162 total yards of offense. We know… Saleh’s a defensive coach, and he’s got a questionable talent in his rookie signal-caller Zach Wilson. A first year head coach usually doesn’t end up on the chopping block…

But it can happen. Steve Wilks went 3-13 in one year in Arizona and the locker room knew his OC was a joke, and they just gave up on him. So no matter how fired up people were to play for Saleh in San Francisco, if things don’t reverse course with the Jets, he could end up a “one and done” guy.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-28-2021 at 04:06 AM.

5. Frank Reich, Colts: All right, we need to talk about Indy. They’re 0-3, but let’s keep in mind, those losses are against some top-tier teams, in the Rams, the Seahawks, and the Titans. The latter of whom is their division rival who many picked to win the AFC South. While starting out winless in September is perhaps a disappointment in that it’s the worst case scenario for their record (duh, that’s how zero works), they’re at least not awful, having yet to have been blown out.

But Carson Wentz is already on the injury report, and the talk heading into their matchup with the Titans was that he was playing on two sprained ankles. Which only made people ask… how the f*** do you sprain BOTH ankles? Bottom line, this team’s fortunes ride on the health of a guy who has the durability of wet tissue paper.

Why does that fall on Frank Reich? He’s the guy who wanted to trade for Wentz, so if he does fall out of games completely and they’re forced to start their unqualified back-up options… he’s likely to take the blame. That will happen when you green light the front office sending draft picks for a $40 million a year albratross with a busted wing. If Indianapolis can’t reverse course and get into the playoffs, well, Reich’s on the fourth year of his contract, and could be shown the door. The good news? He still has the Dolphins on the schedule this week, and by the end of the year, he’s got four games against the Jags and Texans to help him get back to at least 5 wins. But if they miss the playoffs by far, that might be it.

4. Matt Nagy, Bears: The Double-Doink happened like 3 years ago, but it made something snap in Matt Nagy. He spent that entire off-season talking about it, and making his players relive that trauma, and they responded by getting worse afterwards. Where they didn’t respond was fixing their QB situation. They drafted Justin Fields, sure, but Nagy is sticking with Andy Dalton. If you’re going with the Red Rifle at this stage of his career, you’re pretty f***ed. Their defense? They still have DPOTY candidate Khalil Mack. The offense? Yeah, again, that QB situation and poor Allen Robinson wishing he didn’t leave Jacksonville. Think about that… there’s a guy who was better off IN JACKSONVILLE than in Chicago. The Bears watched Arizona choke away the #7 playoff seed last year and got it, but 8-8 and early exits and a never-ending offense stuck in first gear could end Nagy’s tenure in the Windy City at four years.

The Bears managed to escape with a win against the Bengals, who injured their own former QB. Which means the Justin Fields experiment begins, and the new Matt Nagy excuse will be, “but I had a rookie QB…” if they can’t win. And they couldn’t, managing two field goals on Sunday versus the Browns.

We’re not thinking that Chicago fans will start clamoring for Dalton’s return even if Fields is awful… but it's going to be a long year in the Windy City.

3. Dan Campbell, Lions : To paraphrase a cleverer poster than me, , “The Lions continue their 60 year process of rebuilding…” They’re 0-3 again, getting handled by the 49ers and Packers in the first two weeks, the latter on MNF where they got outscored in the second half 21-0 and gave their division rivals the much-needed bounce-back game to take heat off of the Aaron Rodgers/GB Front Office feud. Yesterday, they lost to a Ravens team DECIMATED by injuries, again filling the role of “fodder for a playoff team having early struggles who needs a cream-puff opponent to right the ship”. How did they lose? Oh, just on a record 66 yard FG at the final gun. Yes, Detroit has found so many ways to lose, teams have to break records just to make it feel new.

We always say that first year coaches are not usually on the hot seat, but Dan Campbell is a former Tight Ends coach who yells about getting up again and again to bite your opponents’ kneecaps, which starts out like some inspiring Captain America speech but ends up sounding like a meek little chihuahua. He’s close to motivating… but not close enough.

The Lions have Jared Goff at QB without Sean McVay in his headset, and that quickly has seen him transform back into the rube he was as a rookie under the tutelage of Jeff Fisher. Oh yeah, they traded Stafford for this guy, and tried convincing themselves they could make Cinderella work as the clock was already at 11:59 PM. Well, now you have Jared Goff sitting in a rotting pumpkin in rags. Great job, Detroit. Can you run the ball yet? NO. Do you have any receivers? Well, you have T.J. Hockensen at tight-end, and nothing else. How’s the defense? Well, Jeff Okudah went down for the year in Week 1, and otherwise, you have just an aging Michael Brockers at DT. That’s it. That’s all. The cupboard is almost bare, and this looks like they will be one of the worst three teams in football by year’s end.

They’re only hope to avoid another 0-16 is that they can go 0-17 this time. Minnesota and Chicago are always ready to stumble and get tripped up for a division win in one of their four games against them. But is Dan Cambpell good enough to capitalize? After he went 5-7 as an interim coach with the Dolphins?

It’s Detroit. And were it anywhere else, if this guy bombs in his first season, he’d be fired. But they’re used to 3 and 4 win seasons, so he might get a pass. The only good news is the Lions haven't been blown out in a game yet.

YET.

2. Urban Meyer, Jaguars: Jacksonville’s preseason was filled with self-inflicted wounds caused by decisions from Meyer, from hiring coaches without vetting them properly (strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle), bringing in Tim Tebow as a possible TIGHT END option that was nothing but a media distraction, and acting like he’s the smartest guy in the NFL because of his college success. I’m no coaching expert, but having a rookie QB throw over 50 times in his first start MAAAYBE isn’t a winning formula, even if he is a butt-chin wonder like Trevor Lawrence.

And about that game… the Houston Texans, regarded as many as a candidate to be the worst team in the NFL this year… the Jags got blown out by THAT team. One that doesn’t have a first or second day drat pick until 2022. One that doesn’t have DeShaun Watson, and keeps letting Arizona poach its Pro Bowlers. THAT Texans team wiped the floor with Urban Meyer’s squad, and to their 16th consecutive loss.

That was Week One. In Week two, they just got flat-out handled by the Denver Broncos. This week? Arizona’s came to town, and Kliff Kingsbury gifted the Jags a free seven points right before halftime, and couldn’t get his offense in gear even though the Jags had 2 of their top 3 corners out. The Jags were up 9 with 18 minutes left, and were running the ball down Arizona’s throat. How’d they lose it?

Meyer called a flea-flicker even though J.J. Watt was fishing for sacks and in Jacksonville’s backfield all afternoon. Trevor Lawrence panicked and threw a pick six a few plays after Arizona had cut the lead to two, and that mistake put the Cardinals up for good.

1. Joe Judge, Giants: We don’t believe Joe Judge should have ever been a head coach. His prior experience before getting the gig in the Meadowlands with the G-Men was serving as special teams coordinator/wide receivers coach in New England (a team not regarded well for its WR corps during his tenure). His QB is living blooper reel Daniel Jones. His team’s preseason was marred by a massive brawl with THEMSELVES where the pileup of players throwing haymakers tumbled onto their starting QB who ended up at the bottom of the mound of humanity, enraging Judge so he made his players run gassers like they were back in high school JV, and resulting in one veteran filing to retire immediately, rather than play for him any more.

This guy’s team loathes him, and the New York media are salivating at all the ink they can lay out simply by getting his players to throw him under the bus. His only hope for any job security is he’s coaching in the worst division in the NFL right now, where practically any of the four teams in it could accidentally stumble into a division title to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs. That’s the GOOD news.

In Week One, this squad got the good fortune to play against the Denver Broncos, who are thought of as, at best, a mid-tier team at the moment. They got destroyed.

The Giants lost to the WFT in Week 2, and on the sideline, their top free agent acquisition, WR Kenny Golladay, was thought to be screaming at his quarterback, but Golladay let the New York media know he was actually screaming at OC Jason Garrett… yeah… things are just fine in the Big Apple. Just fine…

In Week 3, yesterday, they lost to the previously winless Falcons, and Daniel Jones could only manage 14 points against an atrocious Atlanta defense. He had 2 more fumbles. For those keeping track, that’s 12 career fumbles in 29 career starts to go along with 22 INTs. Not exactly a statistic to be proud of.

I feel bad for what Tom Brady is going to do to the Pats this coming Sunday night.

I love my Tom but he is going to kill em.

Kind of scared for Mac Jones.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I feel bad for what Tom Brady is going to do to the Pats this coming Sunday night.

I love my Tom but he is going to kill em.

Kind of scared for Mac Jones.
    Yeah. Unless Darth Hoodie pulls some "I taught you everything you know, but not everything I know" **** on Brady and engineers an upset, the Pats are going to be curbstomped, but good.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So watched clips of Eagles/Cowboys game. Its pretty clear Jalen Hurts still has a lot to learn back there. His offensive line wasn't good but Hurts made it a lot worse. As the Eagles once behind had to go into passing situations more and the Cowboys began pass rushing big on Hurts. He would make mistakes and then hold the ball too long trying to Pat Mahomes it back there.

Its just Hurts isn't there to do it. And man...it was bad. Him scrambling too long and not throwing ball away at times or forcing it. Philly has a long learning process ahead with Hurts judging from this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It would be a heck of a story for the Patriots to make their turn around during or after the game with Brady.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It would be a heck of a story for the Patriots to make their turn around during or after the game with Brady.
    It would be a miracle.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime