Page 30 of 234 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So watched clips of Eagles/Cowboys game. Its pretty clear Jalen Hurts still has a lot to learn back there. His offensive line wasn't good but Hurts made it a lot worse. As the Eagles once behind had to go into passing situations more and the Cowboys began pass rushing big on Hurts. He would make mistakes and then hold the ball too long trying to Pat Mahomes it back there.

Its just Hurts isn't there to do it. And man...it was bad. Him scrambling too long and not throwing ball away at times or forcing it. Philly has a long learning process ahead with Hurts judging from this.
    Yeah Hurts is not ready yet for what the Eagles were asking him to do. They only handed the ball off 3 times the whole game(I never heard of that in a NFL game). I put a lot more of the blame on the Eagles coaching staff for last night.

As a Cowboys fan I loved it, but I was scratching my head at the play calling.

Meanwhile the Chiefs signed Josh Gordon to their practice squad. Anyone want to take the over under on how long it lasts?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah Hurts is not ready yet for what the Eagles were asking him to do. They only handed the ball off 3 times the whole game(I never heard of that in a NFL game). I put a lot more of the blame on the Eagles coaching staff for last night.

As a Cowboys fan I loved it, but I was scratching my head at the play calling.
    Hey Siri explained after the game that his plan was basically to match the Cowboys' high powered offense by passing the ball all over the place, a fool's errand even with an established quarterback, an utter disaster with Hurts who only had six games under his belt going into last night, and was playing behind an offensive line that was missing two starters and lost a third during the game. Short and sweet: Hurts was set up to fail by his coaching staff, and he did.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Meanwhile the Chiefs signed Josh Gordon to their practice squad. Anyone want to take the over under on how long it lasts?
    I'll say three games before Gordon does what he does best....screw up.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hey Siri explained after the game that his plan was basically to match the Cowboys' high powered offense by passing the ball all over the place, a fool's errand even with an established quarterback, an utter disaster with Hurts who only had six games under his belt going into last night, and was playing behind an offensive line that was missing two starters and lost a third during the game. Short and sweet: Hurts was set up to fail by his coaching staff, and he did.
    I totally agree Hurts was put in a position to fail. I just don't get it. He's basically a rookie.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Usually if your a team like the Eagles who frankly don't have the QB , WR's and a banged up offensive line against a high powered offensive team you go to a ground and pound game. To chew clock and play ball control to keep that team off the field. You don't try and match them because it can backfire. You wanna limit the other teams offensive fire power more or less with less possessions etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I'll say three games before Gordon does what he does best....screw up.
    Well they say that America is the land of second chances, but evidently it's also the land of third, fourth, fifth, sixth, or however many chances Gordon has got already. The dude had ONE great season nearly a decade ago, at what point do you just say enough is enough and actually hold him accountable for his actions for once?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Well they say that America is the land of second chances, but evidently it's also the land of third, fourth, fifth, sixth, or however many chances Gordon has got already. The dude had ONE great season nearly a decade ago, at what point do you just say enough is enough and actually hold him accountable for his actions for once?
    To be fair he's been suspended by the league 3-4 times and missed whole seasons in his career and any chances to make huge amounts of money.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    To be fair, there have been guys that have retired and done the THC treatment he got popped for several times (Gronk/McAffee being the marquee names) so they would not be suspended to manage pain and recover. Gronk came back, Pat stayed retired (for now). 3 of his 6 suspensions stem from that treatment, 2 for violating the weed rule, and he had one other for failure to comply with league protocols during testing windows (AKA he missed a test).

I think part of the elephant in the room with Gordon is that pain management protocols need a massive medical overhaul for NFL players. The other one is how the NFL counsel and treat players that list addiction as a mental health problem, perhaps even how they approach it when players are welcomed into the league. Gordon has been vocal about this and his sobriety issues. There are 2 separate but related cultures that need to be addressed in regards to this issue.

I'm not sure the NFL is ready to deal with the demons they create and/or enable.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-28-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Usually if your a team like the Eagles who frankly don't have the QB , WR's and a banged up offensive line against a high powered offensive team you go to a ground and pound game. To chew clock and play ball control to keep that team off the field. You don't try and match them because it can backfire. You wanna limit the other teams offensive fire power more or less with less possessions etc.
    Exactly. And it's not like the Birds have a stiff in the backfield as Miles Sanders is one of the best RB's in the league, but it was criminal how he practically wasn't used last night.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I'm hoping someone further up the waiver wire in my Fantasy Football league takes a flier on him so I rise in the rankings. As a lottery ticket if you have someone you're willing to drop I can see it, I just wouldn't for my bottom guy. But I can see the appeal. Mahomes to Gordon. Then again, Brady to Gordon or Russell to Gordon sounded pretty good too.

Sherman signed with the Bucs.

Bloodbath in Boston confirmed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

LOL cant believe Sherman is gonna play with Brady and the rest of them. He use to cry and whine about the Pats and Brady.

Sherman to this day still has me blocked on twitter because I use to go after him when he would whine after games lol.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Guess there is a new book out al about Brady, Kraft and Bill. I could really care less as a Pats fan. I knew what was going on behind the scenes always did know. Brady wanted out in 2017 and still went and won another Super Bowl in 2018 with the Pats.

It is frustrating as a Pats fan seeing all this nastiness go on about the three main men and the team but it is what it is.

You guys should see the billboard sign outside of Gillette Stadium about Bill and Brady. Some fan paid thousands to put it up so Bill would drive by it everyday.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Meh! If the Bucs blow out New England on Sunday, it'll be because Brady personally lit up his old team, not for any contributions Sherman, far from in his prime, makes on defense. If anything, this looks like Sherman chasing one last ring before being put out to pasture.

Meh! If the Bucs blow out New England on Sunday, it'll be because Brady personally lit up his old team, not for any contributions Sherman, far from in his prime, makes on defense. If anything, this looks like Sherman chasing one last ring before being put out to pasture.
    I totally agree with you.