Page 23 of 234 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I give it by week 5 before the fans and coaching staff are calling Wilson a bust and bitching they didnt go with someone else and are calling him a bust. And this poor dude will have a 1 and done season in the NFL.
    He's playing for the Jets. His season was done before it started anyway.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    He's playing for the Jets. His season was done before it started anyway.
    They were pretty high on Mac Jones at one point.

A lot of those QBs, Trask included, are probably grateful the weren't taken.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-23-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They were pretty high on Mac Jones at one point.

A lot of those QBs, Trask included, are probably grateful the weren't taken.
    You're probably right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Jets knew they were gonna suck this season. They knew they didn't have a decent offense around for a rookie QB to depend on and offensive line. So they could have spent time building that for the rookie to take over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

To be honest The jets were never going to give Wilson time. They are very much in a win now panic mode. So they throw the rookie in there and hope that some how he can save their asses and be the next Brady. And the fact that after 2 games we see this kid is just what a Rookie QB on a shitty team with bad coaching would be and people are panicked and calling him a bust proves that The Jets and Jets fans are so lost they have no hope for the next 20 years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It is starting to sound like Wilson is on a course to flame out according to the sports talk hot takes. And they seem surprised. But he's playing for THE JETS. Why are they shocked?

It's also on WEEK 2 of a 17 game season.
    The Jets made their local media think the same of Sam Darnold, and a change in scenery has proved fruitful for him in 2 games so far.

The organization can't get out of its own way to develop offensive players and what defensive studs they do produce flee the team the minute their rookie deal is up if they can't orchestrate a trade sooner. Because those guys know until that gets sorted, they'll never win there. They'd be lucky to even be on the best team in NY, let alone a contender.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Darnold looks like a solid QB here. Trevor Lawrence dodged a bullet. The Jags are bad, but the Jets is a QB graveyard.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Darnold looks like a solid QB here. Trevor Lawrence dodged a bullet. The Jags are bad, but the Jets is a QB graveyard.
    Just goes to show what a half way decent coaching staff can do. I am not saying the Panthers coaches are Super Bowl Coaches or Darnold is an MVP but watching him this season vs the last couple is night and day.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest The jets were never going to give Wilson time. They are very much in a win now panic mode. So they throw the rookie in there and hope that some how he can save their asses and be the next Brady. And the fact that after 2 games we see this kid is just what a Rookie QB on a shitty team with bad coaching would be and people are panicked and calling him a bust proves that The Jets and Jets fans are so lost they have no hope for the next 20 years.
    It's like they say: The New York Jets: Rebuilding Since 1969.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I am going to say it. Those Baker Mayfield ads crack me the Hell up. I have laughed at every one!

Rookie QB for the Texans is on fire.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just missed the EP though. Man kickers are not tearing it up this year in the NFL huh?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Jets knew they were gonna suck this season. They knew they didn't have a decent offense around for a rookie QB to depend on and offensive line. So they could have spent time building that for the rookie to take over.
    I wouldn't agree on the offense part. The O-Line is the key though, and with Becton out that's a tough one. But Corey Davis is the WR I wish we'd signed over Agholor/Bourne, that Elijah Moore looks interesting, Jamison Crowder is solid, and Braxton Berrios (who he seems to have a connection with) looks like the guy who could have slotted in for us as in the Welker/Edelman role if we hadn't let him go. I'm not ready to bury Michael Carter just yet, showed flashes against my Pats. On defense they have some solid players like Quinnen Williams, Marcus Maye (a guy I hope we pull a Gilmore on and offer a big contract next year if they can't work out a deal), and CJ Mosley. They did draft that Guard Alijah Vera-Tucker who was a highly rated player, so they did try to address it (and early at Pick 14). Overall if I'm a Jets fan (thank the football gods I am not) I see reasons for optimism.

All you have to do to succeed in today's NFL at developing a young QB is sign Tyrod Taylor, then let him get hurt. Whoever follows in his stead is practically guaranteed success.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Seahawks choked and blew it last week. Hopefully they will fair better against the Vikings.