Page 28 of 234 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Packers can win a close game if the 49ers continue to fail to defend.

That was an incredible ending.
    Roger's still The Man. 37 seconds, no time outs, and gets it down field.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-26-2021 at 08:33 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Packers won a Sunday night thriller 30-28.

Looking at the standings, there are some that are owned by one teama and others completely up for grabs.

AFC East: It's Buffalo's
    AFC South: The Titans
    AFC North: Anybody's but the Steelers this year. Most likely Cleveland or Baltimore.
    AFC West: Anybody, can't count the 1-2 Chiefs out.

NFC East: Cowboys or Eagles, tonight might tell
    NFC South:Anyone but The Falcons
    NFC North: Green Bay has it
    NFC West: Any of them
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Looking at the standings, there are some that are owned by one teama and others completely up for grabs.

AFC East: It's Buffalo's
    AFC South: The Titans
    AFC North: Anybody's but the Steelers this year. Most likely Cleveland or Baltimore.
    AFC West: Anybody, can't count the 1-2 Chiefs out.

NFC East: Cowboys or Eagles, tonight might tell
    NFC South:Anyone but The Falcons
    NFC North: Green Bay has it
    NFC West: Any of them
    AFC North: I'm inclined to go with the Ravens
    AFC West: Not sold on 3-0 Las Vegas, KC is the best bet, despite the shaky start

NFC East: Dallas is the most talented team, but Mike McCarthy holds them back
    NFC South: Still Tampa's to win, despite yesterday's bad loss
    NFC West: I think the Rams are the best in the division
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    AFC West: Not sold on 3-0 Las Vegas, KC is the best bet, despite the shaky start

I think for some of these divisions it might come down to a one game difference, or even head to head or division record.
    I am not going to do a deep dive, but the schedules are also a big part.
    There are teams that look stronger now, but one or two losses or a key injury could change that.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

I think for some of these divisions it might come down to a one game difference, or even head to head or division record.
    There are teams that look stronger now, but one or two losses or a key injury could change that.
    Every season there are teams that start out like gangbusters, look like world-beaters and get everyone picking them, and they turn out to be fool's gold, They come back to earth, and many end up not even sniffing the post-season.

Every season there are teams that start off like crap, lookin like it's a lost season, and get everyone writing them off, but they find a way to turn things around, compete for and often make the post-season and some teams even have a deep post-season run.

It's too early to pick anything, especially with a 17 game season this year which changes a lot of the dynamics and gives teams a longer window to flame out or figure things out. The only thing certain with a 3-0 team is they won't go winless and the only thing certain with an 0-3 team is they won't go undefeated (except the Jets, but we don't need to see the 0-3 record to know they are a terrible team and this is a lost season, we knew that when they were 0-0 in the pre-season).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Every season there are teams that start out like gangbusters, look like world-beaters and get everyone picking them, and they turn out to be fool's gold, They come back to earth, and many end up not even sniffing the post-season.

Every season there are teams that start off like crap, lookin like it's a lost season, and get everyone writing them off, but they find a way to turn things around, compete for and often make the post-season and some teams even have a deep post-season run.

It's too early to pick anything, especially with a 17 game season this year which changes a lot of the dynamics and gives teams a longer window to flame out or figure things out. The only thing certain with a 3-0 team is they won't go winless and the only thing certain with an 0-3 team is they won't go undefeated (except the Jets, but we don't need to see the 0-3 record to know they are a terrible team and this is a lost season, we knew that when they were 0-0 in the pre-season).

-M
    There was a guy on my local sports talk radio that said, "Zach Wilson could throw 8 touchdowns & 500+ yards in a game and the Jets will still lose."

I kind of think he's right.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That's could be a key factor. Attrition from injury due to that extra game in the schedule is definitely a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

Generally agree, except the Jets, Giants and Jags aren't going anywhere this season.

Generally agree, except the Jets, Giants and Jags aren't going anywhere this season.
    I'd add the Lions and Texans to that list, unless it's just redundant to mention they should be on it almost every season.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Cincy over reacts with a meaningless loss. but they also over react with a big win. 2-1 right now after beating the Steelers. Now the local talking heads are talking about The bengals winning the Division. HA!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I picked the Eagles and The over in tonights game. After watching the first quarter. I am not liking my chances on the first part.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-27-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I've said the Cowboys have the most talent in NFC East, especially on offense, and they're putting all that on display against my Eagles tonight. Meanwhile, the Eagles' offense has so far been totally impotent.

The Eagles look like the Giants.