Page 20 of 234 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cam is just sitting at home, too.

But they'll have to sit on him 5 days before they even med screen him.

Unvaccinated FAs are going to have a hard time getting signed with that waiting period.
    Ya I was thinking the same thing. He can sit and smile thinking someone will just grab him up but I don't think that's the case.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cam is just sitting at home, too.

But they'll have to sit on him 5 days before they even med screen him.

Unvaccinated FAs are going to have a hard time getting signed with that waiting period.
    Given Cam's ego, I suspect he'd rather sit at home than "lower himself" to being a backup.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Given Cam's ego, I suspect he'd rather sit at home than "lower himself" to being a backup.
    I can't remember who said it, but someone said that being a backup QB is possibly the best job in football - either you are the most popular person on the team, or no one cares enough about you to say anything bad. You almost never have to risk taking any hits, yet get paid more than any other backup, and sometimes more than some of the players in heavy rotation. Your main responsibility (outside of being ready Just In Case), is playing for the scout team in practices, where you typically wear a red 'no contact' jersey, and that one game at the end of the season where the coach is resting the starters (if he is that kind of coach AND the team is that far ahead). Backups don't even hold for the kicker anymore on many teams, that's become the punter's job.

Several million earned over a career where your injury risk is minimal compared to anyone else on the team? Great work if you can get it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well find out if GB had a bad game last week, or do they suck this season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can't remember who said it, but someone said that being a backup QB is possibly the best job in football - either you are the most popular person on the team, or no one cares enough about you to say anything bad. You almost never have to risk taking any hits, yet get paid more than any other backup, and sometimes more than some of the players in heavy rotation. Your main responsibility (outside of being ready Just In Case), is playing for the scout team in practices, where you typically wear a red 'no contact' jersey, and that one game at the end of the season where the coach is resting the starters (if he is that kind of coach AND the team is that far ahead). Backups don't even hold for the kicker anymore on many teams, that's become the punter's job.

Several million earned over a career where your injury risk is minimal compared to anyone else on the team? Great work if you can get it.
    No doubt about everything you said. But to someone like Newton who's identity revolved around being a starting quarterback in the NFL, one of the most glamorous jobs in all of professional sports, being regulated to clipboard holder is, to him, a fate worse than death. I just don't think Cam will accept a backup role, not at any price, nor how cushy the job is.

Raiders 2-0 with wins over Baltimore and Pittsburg

Unless Carr goes Ultra Instinct (He's about Super Saiyan God right now); the Chiefs will still probably win the West. But in the AFC Log Jam for WC spots having the tiebreakers over half the AFC North is going to come in handy down the stretch
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Raiders 2-0 with wins over Baltimore and Pittsburg

Unless Carr goes Ultra Instinct (He's about Super Saiyan God right now); the Chiefs will still probably win the West. But in the AFC Log Jam for WC spots having the tiebreakers over half the AFC North is going to come in handy down the stretch
    Denver has started 2-0, but those wins are against the Giants and Jags... so I'd hold off on thinking they're a playoff contender. I want to see them do that versus Vegas and KC first...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Looks like everyone in GB can RE-LAX.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well it was against Detroit who are on year near 60 of their continued rebuild ! So is anyone shocked Green Bay rebounded ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So in some cool personal marks that KC did the last 2 weeks...Pat Mahomes is the fastest QB to over 14,000+ yards passing in less than 50 games (he did that at game 47) and is now 168 yards from 15,000 career passing yards already. He could set that in his 49th start. We will see if he can do that.

Travis Kelce crossed 8,000+ yards receiving this past week and seems to be pushing towards the magic 10,000+ career yards mark. Baby Gronk as he was nicknamed is a Hall of Fame TE himself as he can take over games. Its been kinda cool that KC the last 21 seasons had the greatest TE that ever played and a solid TE in Kelce. Can he top Gonzalez career marks ? We shall see....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Denver has started 2-0, but those wins are against the Giants and Jags... so I'd hold off on thinking they're a playoff contender. I want to see them do that versus Vegas and KC first...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Given the improvements they made etc ...by all rights one of these teams should win the division. Its just....can they ? As a Chiefs fan the offensive line issues and defense are the biggest issues right now in KC.

All I see is that Pittsburgh was misspelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Looks like everyone in GB can RE-LAX.
    Post game, Rodgers said "now the trolls can get off our backs"...

How can he focus to throw with such thin skin?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Post game, Rodgers said "now the trolls can get off our backs"...

How can he focus to throw with such thin skin?
    Damn good question. Dealing with Aaron the Pissy Packer must be a real pain in the ass for Green Bay's front office.