Page 48 of 234 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Yeah, totally. Ereck Flowers was a high draft pick for an OL, and he was a bust. Like, Gettleman failed to find talent at those spots, and then put skill players of varying potential behind them... that were never going to live up to that potential without the horses up front.

They have had a few mediocre seasons by putting veteran free agents together on the defense under Gettleman... but haven't re-established a young core on either side of the ball.
    What is wild is ...he has a workhorse RB in Barkley. He has that RB who could carry 20-30 times a game and more. We saw that once when the offensive line wasn't dog crap. But he can't seem to build a offensive line for a struggling QB and his RB. Its Football 101...you build a solid offensive line for your young QB and big RB he will lean on early. (Bill Belichick seems to understand that with Mac Jones)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Tua comes back next week. Might be enough to beat the Jags.
    Expect a lot of Clemson vs Bama talk.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Chiefs did score needed points late in the 1st half.
    The Bills lead 24-13 after 1 half in Kansas City.

37 points combined in the first half so looking great for persons that bet this game to have over 56 points.

KC will be lucky to go 8-8 at this point. Reid is trying but its a year where the team has to rebuild defensively.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Its clear the AFC Championship game likely will be Chargers/Bills this year. Mahomes works as much magic as he can. But that defense is needed BADLY. Veach will have to step up and recruit defense this off season and draft.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Colts (1-3) vs. Ravens (3-1) tonight to close out week 5. Indy will give it their best shot, but Baltimore will prevail, my score, 23-14.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Oh yeah... forgot to mention... the Jaguars' loss is now their 20th in a row, dating back to their last win in Week 1 of the 2020 season.

That's now the third longest losing streak in NFL history, only trailing the expansion days of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the modern era who dropped 24 straight before their first win, and the 1949 Chicago Cardinals, who dropped 29 straight, dragging that out over four whole seasons (they were ten game seasons back then).
    I should add the caveat that the 29 game losing streak by the Chicago Cardinals is considered to "not count" by some NFL historians, because it stretched during World War II, and that team was the "leftovers" of the players from both the Chicago Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers of that era who didn't get drafted off to war. *shrugs* Kinda cool history, really.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I should add the caveat that the 29 game losing streak by the Chicago Cardinals is considered to "not count" by some NFL historians, because it stretched during World War II, and that team was the "leftovers" of the players from both the Chicago Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers of that era who didn't get drafted off to war. *shrugs* Kinda cool history, really.
    Wow, so the Jags actually have a chance to be the all-time best at something - losing. I have to admit to being a little sad at the prospect of seeing the crown taken away from the Tampa Creamsicles for a team as boring as the Jags.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I really hate the term "analytics". Not because I have a problem with the approach, but because commentators use the word all the freaking time now. There's always a buzzword every year that analysts never shut up on.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I really hate the term "analytics". Not because I have a problem with the approach, but because commentators use the word all the freaking time now. There's always a buzzword every year that analysts never shut up on.
    Shannon Sharpe always went off on how low Tom Brady's QBR was when they invented that stat line. Always saying how it proved how bad Brady was.

Then Brady won a 4th SB, a 5th, and a 6th. Broke and/or tied several records during the post-QBR days. And he pretty much shut up about it. Now that TB12 has won #7, I noticed Sharpe is a Brady defender now.

Stats are great and a fun way to look at things but they are not the end-all, be-all.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-11-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

ESPN is reporting Jon Gruden and the Raiders have agreed to part ways after the email scandal. Not just the racist emails but the Homophobic and Misogynistic emails as well.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    ESPN is reporting Jon Gruden and the Raiders have agreed to part ways after the email scandal. Not just the racist emails but the Homophobic and Misogynistic emails as well.
    I just got an alert from Bleacher Report about Gruden. Those emails pretty much make him unemployable, not just as a coach, but as a TV talking head as well. So long, Chucky, don't the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I was just pondering earlier today on this, my thought was leaning toward "y'know, with absolutely nothing else presenting itself here in all his years, maybe it was just a one-off bad moment." Yeeeeah.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was just pondering earlier today on this, my thought was leaning toward "y'know, with absolutely nothing else presenting itself here in all his years, maybe it was just a one-off bad moment." Yeeeeah.
    People who use racial slurs dont normally stick it to one time. And him using the F word for gays. Its not a case of oh he had a bad moment talking about a guy he didnt like. He has shown himself to be a racist and homophopic. Im am happy his ass is out of the league and he will not be employed on ESPN or any other talk show for a long long time if ever. WPP is right. This makes him unemployable.

But I also have to question why the person he emailed did not call him out for this sooner or say something to some one like his bosses at ESPN?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Everyone have a good day? Nothing crazy happen?

Good. Good.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.