Page 17 of 234 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Going to be a fun day. I have some Spiderman comic out, a pizza and some soda and NFL on tv all day. And it will be an exciting week with so many must wins games today

(And having a blast beating the must win dead horse as always)
    "must win"

"don't go 0-2 or you're DOOMED".

In a sixteen game season, there was still like a 22% chance to make the playoffs if you start 0-2. The 1994 San Diego Chargers started 0-4 and somehow made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Well, it's a seventeen game season now, so maybe there's even less of a dire consequence if you start 0-2.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "must win"

In a sixteen game season, there was still like a 22% chance to make the playoffs if you start 0-2. The 1994 San Diego Chargers started 0-4 and somehow made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Well, it's a seventeen game season now, so maybe there's even less of a dire consequence if you start 0-2.
    The only teams that should be touted as having a week 2 game as a "must win" are those that would be 0-2 AND looking at a murderers row of opponents for the next several games (win now of be 0-5 in 3 weeks). No team in a soft division qualifies even then.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The only teams that should be touted as having a week 2 game as a "must win" are those that would be 0-2 AND looking at a murderers row of opponents for the next several games (win now of be 0-5 in 3 weeks). No team in a soft division qualifies even then.
    Even if a team wins today but has as you call it a murderers row (Love that term and I will steal it every chance I get) of opponents it doesnt matter if they win today or not. What is the real difference in 1-4 vs 0-5?

I get the talking heads need stuff to fill air time after 1 week of football. I just laugh at the must win talk and just not take it seriously any more. At least when it is said week 2.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "must win"

More proof that it's often not how you start, but how you finish.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There is nothing funnier to me then a player on a team that is losing to a QB that got fired from said team two season before getting a flag for taunting.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Jalen Hurts to Quez Watkins for a 91 yard bomb to the San Fran 5. Unfortunately, the Niners' defense stiffened and a foolish call by Nick Sirianni to go for the score on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal means the Birds came away empty handed. Damned frustrating. Almost at the half with Philly up 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jalen Hurts to Quez Watkins for a 91 yard bomb to the San Fran 5. Unfortunately, the Niners' defense stiffened and a foolish call by Nick Sirianni to go for the score on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal means the Birds came away empty handed. Damned frustrating. Almost at the half with Philly up 3-0.
    Addendum: The Niners promptly marched 97 yards to score and take a 7-3 lead. ****!

Fields in in the game for the bears. Dalton goes down with an injury in the first half. Bengals are hoping to take advantage of that. If Fields cant win this game when the Bears are up 7-0 I cant wait for the how worried should the Bears be talk on Monday.

Looks like there wont be any of that talk. bears just did a pick 6 on Burrow and are crushing the Bengals right now. Now I get to listen to my local news wonder if Burrow was ready to come back, if he may not be the QB to lead this team etc... Cincy Sports are not great at winning but we are great at over reacting to losing Even though by now it should be old hat

Edit - Burrow just threw another pick. His first pass since the last pick and it was picked off.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-19-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Seahawks defeat the Titans in a close game 28-24 because the Titans defense can’t contain enough of the long passing plays by Wilson, and the crowd creates issues for the Titans they can’t overcome.
    The Titans score points when needed so the Seahawks don’t get a big lead which would be 17 points or more.

Jalen Hurts is keeping the Birds alive with a TD with under four minutes left in regulation, along with a two-pointer, Frisco's lead is cut to 17-11.

Bengals lost, Saints lost, in the MLB Reds lost.

Spiderman just ran away from the Green Goblin at the first meeting of his fan club and Aunt May is near death.

Not a good day at Babyblob's pad!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Andy Dalton went out with a knee injury which had Justin Fields be forced into starting. Fields seemed to do what a normal rookie QB would numbers wise and the turnovers helped Chicago as we saw. Chicago needs Dalton to come back because the idea is to let Fields grow as a QB before rushing him in.

Also its said Carson Wentz rolled his ankle in a loss today. No idea if it will cost him games or not.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not that the Patriots getting a win over the Jets was a surprise, but four picks for the New England defense has to be a nice thing to see for them.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Tua out and the Phins fall to the Bills worse they they would have with him, it's a 35-0 shut out.
    Meanwhile future hall of famer Zach Wilson leads Jets to a TDless defeat against Mac Jones (who they passed on) and the Pats 25-0. 4 ! INTs for Wilson.
    There former no good Jets QB Sam Darnold leads his Panthers to a 26-7 victory over the Saints with a 300+ yd game.
    Jamies Winston, who help crush GB last week is back in form with 2 INTs.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!