Page 14 of 234 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hopefully Smith comes back to KC as QB coach and Reid grooms him as he often does. He can grow into a solid head coach with Reid there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hopefully Smith comes back to KC as QB coach and Reid grooms him as he often does. He can grow into a solid head coach with Reid there.
    I agree. I could see Smith becoming an offensive coordinator in the future, if not in Kansas City, then somewhere else.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The only issue there is that coaches have less time than players do - it's why many players who actually could make excellent coaches don't actually take the plunge. It's very demanding work.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The only issue there is that coaches have less time than players do - it's why many players who actually could make excellent coaches don't actually take the plunge. It's very demanding work.
    Well, for those players who do go into coaching, it's all about dedication, or, to quote that old saying: "Do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life".

Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence broke his foot in practice. Out 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, for those players who do go into coaching, it's all about dedication, or, to quote that old saying: "Do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life".
    One of the people I envy the most is actually Andrew Zimmern - I might not want to try all those crazy things, but you can tell that he is making a career out of what he truly loves doing. I wish I was so lucky...
    Dark does not mean deep.

I hear talk that tonight's NYG/WFT game is a season breaker for both teams. As if either team is going anywhere this season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I hear talk that tonight's NYG/WFT game is a season breaker for both teams. As if either team is going anywhere this season.
    Ya no excitement about tonight's game. I am working till 11p so ill catch the highlights when I get home.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    One of the people I envy the most is actually Andrew Zimmern - I might not want to try all those crazy things, but you can tell that he is making a career out of what he truly loves doing. I wish I was so lucky...
    I've watched his show. Dude must have a stomach made of adamantium to handle the junk he eats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "Season breaker"? In week two? Jeez Louise! Talk about jumping the gun! Have those teams forgotten they're in NFC Least, quite probably the worst division in the league? Just like last year, a sub .500 record might well win the division, so it's way too early for them to hit the panic button.

Saints are looking at everybody out on COVID to be back tomorrow.

Like WBE said, this is a great test case for, "why your team should be vaccinated."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've watched his show. Dude must have a stomach made of adamantium to handle the junk he eats!

"Season breaker"? In week two? Jeez Louise! Talk about jumping the gun! Have those teams forgotten they're in NFC Least, quite probably the worst division in the league? Just like last year, a sub .500 record might well win the division, so it's way too early for them to hit the panic button.
    A lot of people love to throw out the must win. Any Must win talk in week 2 or Hell even week 4 or 5 if kind of lame. I have heard people talking about mut win games last week. Just a buzz word to try and add hype.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    A lot of people love to throw out the must win. Any Must win talk in week 2 or Hell even week 4 or 5 if kind of lame. I have heard people talking about mut win games last week. Just a buzz word to try and add hype.
    Ya I agree with you but the Patriots are kind of in a must win this week against the awful Jets. I say a must win for the Pats because week 3 they play the Saints and then week 4 is Brady and the Bucs.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Ya I agree with you but the Patriots are kind of in a must win this week against the awful Jets. I say a must win for the Pats because week 3 they play the Saints and then week 4 is Brady and the Bucs.
    I just guess even if they dont win the season is not over. I mean no one really expects them to do much. A game they should win vs a bad team. But its not like going 0-4 Is going to kill the playoffs dreams they never had this season.

As far as morale goes I would say it is a have to win. Not a must win for season hopes but a have to win in the players minds to have faith in the new young Qb of the future.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's only week 2 and there is an extra game this season.

Save the panic for week 5 or 6 with 0-2 wins.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think the must win talk the last few seasons shows the shift in the NFL by fans and talking heads. Everyone wants a win now win now and I get it, but the second a qb flounders a bit they want to throw everything out and rebuild. The Bears fans are yelling for Fields to start right now rather then let him sit and learn the system. Have a not so great season so the face of the team you drafted can learn and be 20 times better next year. But nope cant have that. Did that last season with Burrow here in Cincy and he almost wrecked his career before it even started.

And then when the rookie QB goes in around a bad team with a bad coach like what happened with the Jets for like I dont know the last 30 years the fans call that QB a bust and turn on him and want to move on. Happened with Baker in Cleveland. I mean if he sucks this year maybe move on. Hell look at Miami and the trade rumors in the off season with Tua. Dude went 6-3 and the team and front office and fans seemed to be ready to move on. Are you kidding me?

The Must win sickness was bad in Cincy leading up to the Vikings game. For some fans and local talking heads the game was a must win or Burrow and the Bengals just need to pack it in. Really? A young QB 2nd year in the NFL coming back from one of the worst injuries a QB can suffer vs a some what strong Vikings team is a must win in week 1 or the season is done? Come on with that BS.

Now granted if Washington cant beat the Giants at home they have issues. but the season is not over for them.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-16-2021 at 10:57 AM.