Page 16 of 234 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    They're actually having a mid-season Hard Knocks, and the Indianapolis Colts will be the focus.

I hate this. Last thing I want is more Carson Wentz.
    This worries me. I fear Wentz will trip over a cameraman and hurt himself.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm really impressed with Washington's receiving corps. Some of those dudes had to make some very difficult catches.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If that's the case, then why did the Deadskins bring in FitzMagic and name him the starter? Makes you wonder if they trust Heineken, or maybe they think NFC Least is for the taking and they want a veteran to lead the team.
    I'd say they really didn't know what they had in Heineke as he was more a "unknown" type guy. He was thrown in last season out of nowhere and played great ...but can he do that constantly ? Rivera clearly wanted a veteran QB to come in that had way more game experience and went Fitzpatrick. But out of nowhere he gets injured and now he's gotta ride the unknown guy. To see if he can keep it up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say they really didn't know what they had in Heineke as he was more a "unknown" type guy. He was thrown in last season out of nowhere and played great ...but can he do that constantly ? Rivera clearly wanted a veteran QB to come in that had way more game experience and went Fitzpatrick. But out of nowhere he gets injured and now he's gotta ride the unknown guy. To see if he can keep it up.
    Not sure how accurate this is, but I've heard FitzMagic could be out at long as six weeks. As for Heineken, I'd say he's no longer "unknown", let's see how well he does after opponents start game planning for him, what sort of adjustments will he and Rivera make?

Looking to the Vikings/Cardinals game on Sunday, the injury report has Anthony Barr on it, as well as Everson Griffen. The latter of whom is out with a concussion not from football... but because his car struck a deer while he was driving during the week. Minnesota's defense already struggled against the Bengals in Week 1, and Arizona's offensive line is theoretically better than Cincinatti's. Without two Pro Bowlers in their front seven, the Vikes could face a rough day, especially given how their secondary looked last week.

Yes, this is Patrick Peterson's "homecoming" game to Glendale, and yes, he has talked mad s*** about Arizona in the offseason. There's a high chance the Cardinals target DeAndre Hopkins to show they got it right letting him leave town.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to Sunday big time. Eagles on at 1. Cowboys on at 4. I'll be planted at my TV all day.

Seriously worried about my Cowboys defense with Lawrence out. And most likely Gregory out with covid.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm looking forward to Sunday big time. Eagles on at 1. Cowboys on at 4. I'll be planted at my TV all day.

Seriously worried about my Cowboys defense with Lawrence out. And most likely Gregory out with covid.
    If Dak keeps playing as well as the D plays terribly... well, that scoreboard's gonna look like an Arena League game.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Dak keeps playing as well as the D plays terribly... well, that scoreboard's gonna look like an Arena League game.
    That's very possible.

Dallas' defense has got to play better than last year though and that's not asking a whole lot. Opposing teams really didn't need to suit their punter last season.

I wonder why the talking heads put so much pressure on Dak. it seems like every game he is in is a must win for him. I have heard 4 talk shows call Sundays game for Dak a must win. That dude has had more must win games I think then any other QB in the league.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I wonder why the talking heads put so much pressure on Dak. it seems like every game he is in is a must win for him. I have heard 4 talk shows call Sundays game for Dak a must win. That dude has had more must win games I think then any other QB in the league.
    Its the combination of , needing to show he's fully back this season from injury , huge contract and the needing to win a Super Bowl to justify the contract. Dak has a huge amount of pressure on him. It sucks of course but when you demand Pat Mahomes type money (and I believe he earns over it per season) then you have to deliver...constantly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

It’s also that Dak is the QB for the Cowboys, who, thanks to Jerrah being so much of a better promoter, publicist, and brand overseer than a general manager, always receiving outsized and unearned attention from the media.

Dallas hasn’t actually been truly noteworthy for the last two decades in terms of substance… but Jerrah insists they be treated as special, and to his credit, has actually managed to get the media to treat it as such.

A side effect is higher scrutiny and expectations on the players.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I saw a 86+ point game with a +/- of 13 on a bettor today.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Roger Brown, the former Lion and Ram defensive tackle who became part of the Rams "Fearsome Foursome", has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Prescott will need to light up scoreboards if Dallas' defense looks as bad as it did in week one against Tampa.

Going to be a fun day. I have some Spiderman comic out, a pizza and some soda and NFL on tv all day. And it will be an exciting week with so many must wins games today

(And having a blast beating the must win dead horse as always)
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.