Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Virginia Tech has hired Brent Pry (Penn State assistant) as their new coach.

Washington has hired Kalen DeBoer (Fresno State coach) as their new coach.

Minnesota offensive coordinator Mike Sanford, Jr. has been fired after two seasons. He will not be with the team for their upcoming bowl game.

And in what has to be a shocking move, Brian Kelly is leaving Notre Dame to take the LSU job. This ought to go over well with his Notre Dame players who are in the mix for the playoff. I know this is how college football is these days but man, Kelly's move comes off as such a shitheel move. Here's the news report. And here's a Yahoo! Sports column by Dan Wetzel that I thought summed things up nicely.

Ex-UCF star Otis Anderson Jr. has died in a double shooting.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 11-30-2021 at 12:28 PM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Virginia Tech looks to be hiring Penn State assistant Brent Pry as their new head coach.

And in what has to be a shocking move, Brian Kelly is leaving Notre Dame to take the LSU job. This ought to go over well with his Notre Dame players who are in the mix for the playoff. I know this is how college football is these days but man, Kelly's move comes off as such a shitheel move. Here's the news report. And here's a Yahoo! Sports column by Dan Wetzel that I thought summed things up nicely.
    It is very much a **** move the coaches can do that. These players bust there ass off and listen to the coach talk about character and loyalty and all that. Then he dips out. I get it LSU and almost double the money. But there should be a rule they have to finish the season and bowl games before they can leave. he did the same thing here in Cicny. Did well then bounced before a bowl game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It is very much a **** move the coaches can do that. These players bust there ass off and listen to the coach talk about character and loyalty and all that. Then he dips out. I get it LSU and almost double the money. But there should be a rule they have to finish the season and bowl games before they can leave. he did the same thing here in Cicny. Did well then bounced before a bowl game.
    Yes, it is a pattern with him. SI.com is reporting that Kelly texted the players late at night to break the news and then met with them for 11 minutes the next morning.. I really hope at least one of the players had the spine to tell him to go **** himself.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Louisiana Tech is hiring Texas Tech offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie as their new coach.

Colorado State has fired coach Steve Addazio after two seasons. Article Link

Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez is transferring after four seasons. Article Link.

Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall is stepping down after the team's bowl game. Article Link.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Keeping my Fingers Cross that Iowa not only hangs with Michigan but wrecks their dreams of being in the CFP.

Big10Champ.jpg

Ultimate Member

A win by Iowa would certainly mess things up for the playoff committee...

Notre Dame has officially hired their defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman to be their new head coach.

Loved seeing Alabama putting the hammer down on Georgia last night.

Oklahoma looks to be zeroing in Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables as their new head coach.

Miami has hired Mario Cristobal as their new coach after firing Manny Diaz. Article Link

Colorado State has hired now former Nevada coach Jay Norvell as their new coach. Article Link

Grambling has hired Hue Jackson as their new head coach. Article Link

Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott has been hired as the new Virginia head coach. Article Link.

Duke has hired the now former Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mike Elko as their new head coach. Article Link