Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Only because the Cyclones are finally ranked at the time of the game, until recently they were a terrible team unlike Iowa who at times in their history has been ranked as high as #1 and around there...

As if you can't tell I'm an Iowa fan...
    I'm not super into football, but I am a loyal hawk. I hope we do well.

Ok here is an update.

Big 12 has officially invite Cincinnati, BYU, Huston, and UFC to the conference. This is pretty much the nail in the coffin for the ACC I think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ok here is an update.

Big 12 has officially invite Cincinnati, BYU, Huston, and UFC to the conference. This is pretty much the nail in the coffin for the ACC I think.
    Probably for football, but, the ACC has always been a basketball first conference, and hoops is what rakes in the bucks.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I'm not super into football, but I am a loyal hawk. I hope we do well.
    There's a possibility that the rivalry games will end in the next few years if the Big 10 joins with that other conference for some games, not an official merger of two conferences or anything, then again if the Big 12 folds maybe Iowa State could join the Big 10 or something...

Ultimate Member

Hawkeyes won 27-17, though the game wasn't as close as that, thankfully...

Alabama rolls.

Boston College wins in their "Man In The Red Bandana" inspired uniforms on 9/11.

And somehow Florida State manages to blow a game on the last second Jacksonville State Hail Mary TD.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 09-18-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

If you watch that video closely you see the reaction from the Florida State Cheerleaders and they can't believe it...

Clay Helton has been fired by USC. Article Link.

Seems kind of crazy to me considering they owe him a $10 million dollar buyout.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 09-14-2021 at 04:13 AM.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Clay Helton has been fired by USC. Article Link.

Seems kind of crazy to me considering they owe him a $10 million dollar buyout.
    By the by, your link suffered from asterisk disease. Saw on the crawl on Fox Sports about Helton. He was some twenty games OVER .500 at the time of his firing, but I guess he didn’t win enough to suit the boosters and wanted his head.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

UConn had their worst modern day loss three weeks ago at Fresno State, 45-0.

Purdue decides to challenge that on their home opener with an even worse pounding, 49-0.

Clemson still awaits.

I am fully aware of the ramifications towards eliminating a football program (Pacific did it in the 90s, UAB tried to do it a few years back but revived it and built a new stadium) or going down to FCS like Idaho, but UConn has to cut their losses. I get its an arms race between them and UMass (two of the worst FBS programs, mind you) but the support isn't there, the recruiting will never be there, and the only money you'll get is taking beatings. That does a disservice to the other athletic programs.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    By the by, your link suffered from asterisk disease. Saw on the crawl on Fox Sports about Helton. He was some twenty games OVER .500 at the time of his firing, but I guess he didn’t win enough to suit the boosters and wanted his head.
    Thanks for letting me know. I've now replaced the original link with a different one that doesn't have the asterisks.

Navy assistant football coach Billy Ray Stutzmann has been fired after not receiving a religious exemption and refusing to get vaccinated as required.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I was less depressed I couldn’t watch most of the Wolverines easily defeating the Huskies in a game the Wolverines never trailed.

Excellent to see the Cornhuskers Sooners game in the 1 half was watchable and close because the Sooners lead narrowly 7-3.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Sooners hang on to win 23-16.
    Head Coaches get payed to win not get moral victories which is why the Cornhuskers keeping the game close that they lost is a very disappointing defeat.
    Teams don’t get rewarded for moral victories that is closing close games.

Getting ready for white out at Penn State.