Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien and offensive line coach Doug Marrone have both tested positive for Covid. Article Link

Texas A&M is out of the Gator Bowl. They apparently don't have enough players due to Covid and injuries.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

Texas A&M is out of the Gator Bowl. They apparently don't have enough players due to Covid and injuries.
    Rutgers is replacing Texas A&M for the Gator Bowl.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Keeping my Fingers Cross that Iowa not only hangs with Michigan but wrecks their dreams of being in the CFP.

Attachment 115960
    Well so much for that. Michigan blew them clear off of the field.

The Miami Hurricanes have pulled out of the Sun Bowl due to Covid. Article Link.

The Fenway Bowl and the Military Bowl have both been cancelled due to Covid. Article Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Miami Hurricanes have pulled out of the Sun Bowl due to Covid. Article Link.

The Fenway Bowl and the Military Bowl have both been cancelled due to Covid. Article Link.
    Four days until the playoffs. Hopefully the big four can hold out so we don’t get a NC without a down being played. It’s looking shaky right now since everyone got together for Christmas. Any new infections will manifest themselves in the next couple of days.

Well, despite winning the spud bowl, Wyoming's starting line-up is being decimated by the transfer portal. Only the o-line, d-line, and linebackers are untouched (though one of them was invited to the Senior Bowl, so not transfer portal).

And apparently, two alumni from the team were discussing this on twitter (quite civilly at that), and one of them, as a Freshmen, was offered by a power 5 school (he would set a number of records here at Wyoming). That former player is now in the NFL, so, take that how you will (not Josh Allen).

The Holiday Bowl between UCLA and N.C. State was cancelled hours before kickoff because of Covid. Article Link

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

The fact Indiana hired Walt Bell as OC and is keeping Darren Hiller as our offensive line coordinator has me resigned to our fate once more as the doormat of the Big Ten.

The past two seasons were but a mirage.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I did bet on Cincinnati to defeat Alabama, and Michigan to defeat Georgia.

I'm very disappointed my Volunteers lost to the BoilerMakers 48-45 in overtime since the BoilerMakers outplayed them in a high-scoring exciting game.
    The future is bright for the Football Volunteers which is the loss is less disappointing.

My predictions for the College Football SemiFinal games are the Bearcats defeat the Crimson Tide in a thrilling high scoring game 38-31 with the over being proven right.
    The Bearcats disguised blitzes also getting pressure on Young is successful, and Ridder plays a great game running when needed and Ridder plays better than Young because of making less mistakes.

My other College Semifinal Playoff prediction is the Wolverines defeat the Bulldogs 24-17 with the under being proven right.
    The Wolverines Oline successfully defends McNamara, McNamara succeeds as a game manager also Michigan is able to successfully run the football, and the Wolverines defense gets pressure on the Bulldogs defense including Aidan Hutchison doesn't get contained by the Bulldogs OLine.
    My prediciton is more than 2 sacks for Aidan Hutichson.

Cincinnati made CFB history in the first half against Alabama. Unfortunately for them it was for putting up the fewest yards since the advent of the playoff system. They gained a total of 76 yards for the half.

Cincinnati didnt win but they held it somewhat close for the game. They didnt move the ball much but they stayed within the spread most of the time. This was not a great game for Cincinnati but to be honest they have no where to go but up from here. if they can keep the flow going. This game gives them national attention, they move to the Big 12 in a couple years and they have an amazing coach.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I see I was proven extremely wrong for both my College Football SemiFinal playoff predictions because the Crimson Tide justified being favored by 13 points since they won by more than that in a game that the Crimson Tide always lead, and they made the game worse in the 2nd Half because they continued to score points in the 2nd Half.
    The Crimson Tide defense kept the Bearcats out of the endzone, and the Crimson Tide defense played great. They outscored the Bearcats in the first half 17-3, and the 2nd Half 10-3. The Saban Crimson Tide have the great advantage of experience on the big stage which showed in this game.

An all too easy 27-6 win for the Juggernaut Crimson Tide.
    Cincinatti Bearcats defeating the Crimson Tide 38-31 was hugely wrong, and I see the under was proven very right in what wasn't a high scoring game because the Crimson Tide defense had an excellent performance giving the Bearcats an abysmal embarrassing loss because the Bearcats elite offense had a measly 6 points.

The Bearcats defense couldn't pressure Young like the Aggies, Young outplayed Ridder greatly, and the Crimson Tide did execute far more successful offense plays than the Bearcats since they did score 3 Touchdowns, and 2 Field Goals.

I was hugely wrong about the Wolverines defeating the Bulldogs 24-17 because the Bulldogs without struggle easily defeated an outmatched Wolverines team 34-11 in a game that was as awful as the score. The Bulldogs scored double than what I predicted they would score for points, they always lead in the game after scoring early, and made the game an embarrassment in the 1st Half. The game went from bad to worse before halftime. Also they did score more than 17 points in the first half, and they scored most of their 34 points in the 1st Half which just screams that Michigan was outmatched vs a wanting to rebound great Georgia Bulldogs team.

The Wolverines defense including Hutchison wasn't able to pressure Bennett and they couldn't get needed sacks since the Bulldogs Oline did an excellent job protecting Bennett. The Wolverines Oline didn't give McNamara needed protection, the Wolverines weren't able to successfully run the football, and the Wolverines didn't have much trips to the red zone since the Bulldogs defense successfully defended for most Wolverines offense possessions.

The amount of cash I lost for 4 bets for these 2 SemiFinal Playoff games is 50 bucks.

I don't mind that as a flaw because I still have an opportunity to make more than 40 bucks today by betting on the Hawkeyes to defeat the UK Wildcats which I'm confident happens.

Ultimate Member

Honestly I have zero interest in the national championship game, I really don't care who wins...

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

FCS Championship game is this Saturday.

fcs-championship.jpg

The NCAA, talkiing heads, and TV are trying so hard to hype this game. But it really seems that not a lot of people outside the two teams fan base really cares. They should call it the who cares bowl and be done with it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.