Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury

All-New Member

Default Fury

I never thought we would get Nubia in her own comic book and back in Wonder Woman continuity I wonder if we could get Fury (Lyta Hall) and Helena Kosmatos??? I know Lyta was shown in pictures with Infinity Inc. in Infinite Frontier
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Billy1977; 07-11-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Since DC is going in on the “it all happened” marketing, I’d say there’s a chance.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

All-New Member

Can someone tell me when Helena Kosmatos was last seen? I always wanted her and Lyta to have a reunion...

I would love to see Fury explored again. I was hoping DC would cash in on the revived interest in Diana/Steve by releasing a YA book starring Fury and Rucka's 'Wonder Woman's Daughter' project seemed to be that idea realized until we learned that Rucka decided to move on from the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy1977 View Post
    Can someone tell me when Helena Kosmatos was last seen? I always wanted her and Lyta to have a reunion...
    A quick search tells me that it was around WW Vol 2 188 thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy1977 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    A quick search tells me that it was around WW Vol 2 188 thereabouts.
    Seconded. Phil Jimenez used her in the background on Paradise Island and then dovetailed into a Cheetah storyline.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Good ol' Phil. Never forgets a character. No matter how minor.

Not a chance IMO, but I keep wishing every day!

FURY 0.jpgI Wonder is she going to be the Daughter of Wonder Woman of Earth 2 or Fury Helena.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    FURY 0.jpg
    I Wonder is she going to be the Daughter of Wonder Woman of Earth 2 or Fury Helena.
    The "Fury" connected to Wonder Woman in the New 52 version of "Earth 2" would be a different character all together, and I don't know what DC will do with any other versions of "Earth 2" at this point (though I haven't bothered to read any of the Joshua Williamson Infinite Frontier comic book stories).

Would love to see both Fury women in some new stories with updated costumes.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Oh I was just thinking about her, I'm re-reading The Sandman, just the numbers of The Kindly Ones where Lyta Hall is the protagonist, and as always when I read that it makes me angry that her connection with Wonder Woman has been erased.

Last edited by Sebastianne; 05-30-2022 at 02:56 PM.

I like both characters, but prefer them unrelated.

However it happens, I want a Lyta Trevor back with a relation to Wonder Woman and I’d be okay with Helena being a member of the All Star Squadron with Iron Munro, Flying Fox, Tsunami, etc. Helena’s origin is interesting enough to stand on its own, but Lyta’s character suffers when you disconnect her from Wonder Woman or co-opt her into an entirely different character in Sandman.

I really liked both and would love to see them again. (Other than in re-reads of Infinity Inc., Young All Stars, etc., of course.)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wouldn't even mind the elder Fury being retired on Themyscira. A very minor retooling can make her an Amazon (Odyssey of the Amazons as well as Superman/Wonder Woman) established there were Amazons throughout the world that had left the island in times past. She can either be full Amazon or partial Amazon having come from an Amazon mother and normal father. She can still have been an avatar of Tisiphone, had a brother etc, but it will also account for Lyta having powers, since the Post Crisis origin of Helena is her powers are mostly derived from her magical armor.
    Just a thought. It would be nice to have both characters back and even better if Lyta can return with her Infinity crew as either part of Infinity or part of the JSA.