Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like both characters, but prefer them unrelated.

However it happens, I want a Lyta Trevor back with a relation to Wonder Woman and I’d be okay with Helena being a member of the All Star Squadron with Iron Munro, Flying Fox, Tsunami, etc. Helena’s origin is interesting enough to stand on its own, but Lyta’s character suffers when you disconnect her from Wonder Woman or co-opt her into an entirely different character in Sandman.
    Hmm now I find myself imagining a story with Lyta Trevor meeting Lyta Milton... Hmmmm...... could be fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy1977 View Post
    I never thought we would get Nubia in her own comic book and back in Wonder Woman continuity I wonder if we could get Fury (Lyta Hall) and Helena Kosmatos back??? I know Lyta was shown in pictures with Infinity Inc. in Infinite Frontier
    Helena was never really fully developed as a character. Since she was only a faux Wonder Woman needed to replaced GA Wonder Woman as Lyta's mother -- I don't think she's necessary as a character. But yes, bring back Lyta -- especially if we JSA back on Earth 2 after Dark Crisis. Power Girl, Huntress and Fury as the second generation of the Golden Age trio -- should always have a place (somewhere) in the DCU.

Also, I'd be fine with retconning her backstory so that Lyta Hall in Sandman is a different character than Lyta Trevor.
    Last edited by kcekada; 06-27-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm now I find myself imagining a story with Lyta Trevor meeting Lyta Milton... Hmmmm...... could be fun.
    I always like the little family unit of Ares, Circe and Lyta, even if they didn’t do a lot with it. Lyta interacting with her stepmother and step-siblings could have been really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Helena was never really fully developed as a character. Since she was only a faux Wonder Woman needed to replaced GA Wonder Woman as Lyta's mother -- I don't think she's necessary as a character. But yes, bring back Lyta -- especially if we JSA back on Earth 2 after Dark Crisis. Power Girl, Huntress and Fury as the second generation of the Golden Age trio -- should always have a place (somewhere) in the DCU.

Also, I'd be fine with retconning her backstory so that Lyta Hall in Sandman is a different character than Lyta Trevor.
    A huge yes to the trinity of Huntress, Power Girl and Fury developing a strong relationship however the JSA and Infinity Inc are returned to us.

I always like the little family unit of Ares, Circe and Lyta, even if they didn’t do a lot with it. Lyta interacting with her stepmother and step-siblings could have been really interesting.
    OOH! Lyta's aunts!!! WW and Cassandra Sandsmark are descended from Zeus... that makes them Lyta's family on her father's side.

Also... is Lyta Circe's only living descendant? Seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    OOH! Lyta's aunts!!! WW and Cassandra Sandsmark are descended from Zeus... that makes them Lyta's family on her father's side.

Also... is Lyta Circe's only living descendant? Seems unlikely.
    In classical mythology she has relationships (Odysseus being one partner) and children, but I don’t recall DC mythology ever touching on her relationships or children or any surviving lineage.

I have story in mind that explores what Circe has been like over the eons that includes Diana, Etta, Steve and two of her other villains.

I was never sure how strong either Fury should be and if they have other powers like flight, speed, endurance, durability, etc.

Do either have any godly blessings?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was never sure how strong either Fury should be and if they have other powers like flight, speed, endurance, durability, etc.

Do either have any godly blessings?
    The original was pre crisis and thus had super strength and such like all the Amazons of the era, having trained on the island for years.

The post crisis version was empowered by the Greek furies who lent her their powers

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The original was pre crisis and thus had super strength and such like all the Amazons of the era, having trained on the island for years.

The post crisis version was empowered by the Greek furies who lent her their powers
    So Lyta was about original young Donna Troy strength level? Fury II was about WW level?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So Lyta was about original young Donna Troy strength level? Fury II was about WW level?
    Eh, its not like they ever really measured this sort of thing. But Lyta was NOT as powerful as Diana but way stronger than a normal person. Meanwhile Fury 2 once punched Diana hard enough to send her across a sea to crash into an island, so yeah, sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Eh, its not like they ever really measured this sort of thing. But Lyta was NOT as powerful as Diana but way stronger than a normal person. Meanwhile Fury 2 once punched Diana hard enough to send her across a sea to crash into an island, so yeah, sounds about right
    Thanks, Fuzzy Mittens.

In classical mythology she has relationships (Odysseus being one partner) and children, but I don’t recall DC mythology ever touching on her relationships or children or any surviving lineage.

I have story in mind that explores what Circe has been like over the eons that includes Diana, Etta, Steve and two of her other villains.
    Hmmm the DC writers have used Aeaea, but while they have various minions of Circe there... not directly derived from myths form what I've seen.

I'd personally write a story with her daughter Cassiphone.. in part because of the humor of having Cassiphone of Aeaea and Cassandra Sandsmark in the same story amuses me. But also, a demi-goddess over 2000 years old? mmm... Also, I'd write her as a rich socialite. she's had multiple centuries to acquire a massive fortune.... etc. Maybe has a copy of Homer's works transcribed from a version she read when she was a lot younger?

Powers though? My thought was to be powerful enough to actually give WW a good fight. Obviously a hefty a mount of strength, but I figured hydrokinesis, and precognition would be a neat powerset. The precognition though is her seeing glimpses of the future, that aren't really... "everything'. Also since the two powers are tied together she needs to use a surface made of water as a viewing screen when looking into the future. Stuff like tea works though. And.. when she's reading the future.... no one around her sees it. If she looks at a puddle and uses it to foresee that Diana of Themiscyra will be visiting her in 15 minutes... bystanders will just see her gazing at a puddle.

But yeah, while she knows magic, she's just not as good at general magic as her mother.

If a form of Lyta Trevor makes her way back to us, I’d like see them make her powerful from the union of Steve/human and Diana/Amazon/demigod, similar to how they sometimes say Jon Kent is more powerful because he’s Kryptonian and human.

For Helena as Fury, I’m good with her being somewhere in the same class as all the other powerful/brute force characters.

Astonishing Member

As big as the Batman family is -- and continues to grow, it only makes sense for DC to mine the past to expand WW's family. I think there is definitely a place for both Helena and Lyta, but I'd prefer Lyta to be the daughter of the original/Earth 2 Wonder Woman.

Yeah, I mean we have Helena Bertinelli and Helena Wayne Huntresses so why not two different Fury's.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly