Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    . . . As for differences between the two takes on Lyta? No clue. Unlike Huntress, Lyta had an ongoing when crisis happened which kept going for several issues after the crisis ended...
    Lyta had an ongoing?

There was the book Infinity Inc. that she sometimes appeared in because she was a member. That was also the comic in which Hector Hall "died" but later returned as the replacement for the Garrett Sanford​-version of Sandman, who lived in the "Dream Dimension".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Lyta had an ongoing?

There was the book Infinity Inc. that she sometimes appeared in because she was a member. That was also the comic in which Hector Hall "died" but later returned as the replacement for the Garrett Sanford​-version of Sandman, who lived in the "Dream Dimension".
    Yeah, thats what I meant, sorry for vaguely wording it. I was more meaning that unlike Huntress who wasnt really in anything when all that happened and thus the former version was able to just vanish while a new one took its place, Lyta was active at the time so they just put a patch over her backstory and treated her as is. Pretty similar to how it went with Donna in retrospect though with less fanfare

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think we will ever see Fury in other media or that will just be a dream ?
    Eh, its certainly possible. DC loves its multiverse stuff and not to long ago we got an Earth-2 animated film. I could see us getting Fury at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The two are night and day. Comparing their appearances is very superficial.

Wayne was cool headed, clever and preferred stealth. She was tough when she needed but otherwise preferred to do things non violently.

Bertinelli had anger issues, catholic guilt, born a mafia princess, had a strong desire to prove herself to the Bat Family something that Wayne never had, not above resorting to brutal tactics, had abandonment issues, she had no issues manipulating others but did not take kindly to Babs manipulating her and had to be reassured a few times by Babs and Dinah that she was a real member of the team.

Bertinelli was also a school teacher while Wayne was a lawyer. They're both very different characters.
    I was introduced to her in WW backups and own the complete Bertinelli series, her mini-series, all the BoPs and also the short lived World Finest series with PG and don't see it that way. Maybe it's because I was too young to remember all of Wayne's details, beyond her lawyering, a fight with Solomon Grundy and teamup with Earth 2 Robin? I don't know, but I always got the exact same enjoyment out of both versions. For me her draw has been the various costumes, the crossbow, her tenacity and toughness. The partial similarities of Wayne's and Batman's silouettes and the connection to Catwoman were cool too, as were the mafia violence, omerta and her vendetta. *shrugs* That said I've never actually read Cry for Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Which one?
    Razene Jamal. British Lebanese actress who is playing Lyta Hall in the Sandman show:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I was introduced to her in WW backups and own the complete Bertinelli series, her mini-series, all the BoPs and also the short lived World Finest series with PG and don't see it that way. Maybe it's because I was too young to remember all of Wayne's details, beyond her lawyering, a fight with Solomon Grundy and teamup with Earth 2 Robin? I don't know, but I always got the exact same enjoyment out of both versions. For me her draw has been the various costumes, the crossbow, her tenacity and toughness. The partial similarities of Wayne's and Batman's silouettes and the connection to Catwoman were cool too, as were the mafia violence, omerta and her vendetta. *shrugs* That said I've never actually read Cry for Justice.
    Cry for Blood*.

Wayne and Bertinelli are very different. Even PG pointed that out when she went to talk to Bertinelli after Pre Crisis memories were returning and she wanted a friend only to realize that Bertinelli was a completely different person than Wayne.

As Fuzzy Mittens pointed out, even the no kill rule sets them apart.

Here's a fan idea for a reimagining of Helena Kosmatos

https://www.deviantart.com/femmes-fa...file-679321499

Cry for Blood*
    See? Never read it. lol With me it's just purple (I love purple) and a crossbow, if I'm honest I get almost the same things from Kate Bishop's Hawkeye.

Razene Jamal. British Lebanese actress who is playing Lyta Hall in the Sandman show:

Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah, thats what I meant, sorry for vaguely wording it. I was more meaning that unlike Huntress who wasnt really in anything when all that happened and thus the former version was able to just vanish while a new one took its place, Lyta was active at the time so they just put a patch over her backstory and treated her as is. Pretty similar to how it went with Donna in retrospect though with less fanfare
    Uh, Helena Wayne didn't just "vanish".

First off, when all of the Infinite Earths merged towards the end of CoIE, any trace of her parents (the Earth-2 Bruce and Selina) were wiped from existence. Then, both Earth-2's Helena Wayne and Dick Grayson (adult Robin from Earth-2) were killed off just before the end of CoIE and no trace of their prior existences remained when all was finished.
    (And the only reason the Earth-2 Power Girl could still exist then was they changed her backstory so that she was a descendant of Atlantis / Arion instead of being a survivor of Krypton.)

I feel like you're being overly pedantic about this. Whether she was killed off, erased from existence, thrown into the sun or just disappeared, the ultimate effect was the same; she 'disappeared'. No point in being overtly specific when we all colloquially understand what happened in Crisis and Wayne/Bertinelli is only tangentially related to the discussion about Fury.

I wonder if anything will be revealed at SDCC in a couple of weeks?

For some reason my intuition/Pisces senses keep thinking something will be announced or shared about the JSA and that will give us a clue regarding the Infinity Inc members. My senses keep thinking Johns might be involved since he’s back writing at DC, his past work on JSA-related characters and his love for those characters.

We’ll see. It’s just something my brain has been thinking lately.

Noticed in The Sandman that a WW doll shows up in Jed's dreams at the beginning of a fairly Lyta-centric episode. Seemed like a fun little homage.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Noticed in The Sandman that a WW doll shows up in Jed's dreams at the beginning of a fairly Lyta-centric episode. Seemed like a fun little homage.
    I also like to think that the Gal Gadot resemblance of the actress who plays Lyta is some kind of homage, but who knows.
    By the way I loved the series like I love The Sandman comics.