Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    An excerpt from Lyta, jr.'s sad journey in SANDMAN...
    Never would have known any of these, except possibly the last one, was 'Lyta!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Now that's Lyta.... Any of that Sandman crap should be relegated to Earth Vertigo.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Lyta needs to be brought back into the WW franchise. If they can revive Nubia, they can do the same for Lyta -- even if she's a future/parallel world version. I don't think WW fans give a crap about that Sandman story -- as it pretty much just took Lyta (and Hector) off the playing field.

I always wanted to see an adventure between NTT Donna Troy and II Lyta.

A missed opportunity for them interact!

I really hope we get to see some version of Lyta in JSA or in an II title with Jade, Obsidian and other teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

I really hope we get to see some version of Lyta in JSA or in an II title with Jade, Obsidian and other teammates.
    hmm... I keep thinking of Lyta Milton. Her, Donna and Lyta Trevor could make for a fun story.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, Lyta needs to be brought back into the WW franchise. If they can revive Nubia, they can do the same for Lyta -- even if she's a future/parallel world version. I don't think WW fans give a crap about that Sandman story -- as it pretty much just took Lyta (and Hector) off the playing field.
    If DC would just allow the Multiverse to exist , we'd have her on the proper Earth 2.... It can't be that hard...lol

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Well, I'd like to think they had some small moment here, even if unseen.... COIE 11crisis-on-infinite-earths-issue-11-page-22.jpg
    Last edited by wonder39; 12-12-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am of two minds...I do so very much love the Sandman and all the mythos there in, I love that there's a connection to Wonder Woman and the potential there (should Neil ever decide to delve into it ...but no one else better touch it because it's Sandman and they would totally screw it up) is just wonderful. However I do hate how it took Hector and Lyta off the board. HOWEVER there are ways to write them back in without removing their Sandman connection. I hate how instead of really helping them, Daniel's answer when they were left in the arctic, was to bring them eternally to the Dreaming.
    It can be rectified, if they so chose. I just wish they would.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I am of two minds...I do so very much love the Sandman and all the mythos there in, I love that there's a connection to Wonder Woman and the potential there (should Neil ever decide to delve into it ...but no one else better touch it because it's Sandman and they would totally screw it up) is just wonderful. However I do hate how it took Hector and Lyta off the board. HOWEVER there are ways to write them back in without removing their Sandman connection. I hate how instead of really helping them, Daniel's answer when they were left in the arctic, was to bring them eternally to the Dreaming.
    It can be rectified, if they so chose. I just wish they would.
    This is basically how I feel. I think a WW connection to such a high profile DC masterpiece is great. Continuity at that point dictated that Lyta wasn't the daughter of Diana (or a Diana) anymore, but I still think of her as such when I read it. Lyta being the daughter of Wonder Woman, mother of the Dream King, and the avatar of the Furies (who are some of the coolest figures in Greek myth) make her an interesting figure.

If they were ever able to have a classic Lyta and reconcile with her role in the Sandman, maybe she could get sucked into the Dreaming while on Earth-2 and when she's freed, she ends up on Earth-1? I don't think it would change the story that much, and the Dreaming is established in the Multiversity as being on a higher plane than any of the individual Earths, so dreamers from across the Multiverse end up in Morpheus's realm.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is basically how I feel. I think a WW connection to such a high profile DC masterpiece is great. Continuity at that point dictated that Lyta wasn't the daughter of Diana (or a Diana) anymore, but I still think of her as such when I read it. Lyta being the daughter of Wonder Woman, mother of the Dream King, and the avatar of the Furies (who are some of the coolest figures in Greek myth) make her an interesting figure.

If they were ever able to have a classic Lyta and reconcile with her role in the Sandman, maybe she could get sucked into the Dreaming while on Earth-2 and when she's freed, she ends up on Earth-1? I don't think it would change the story that much, and the Dreaming is established in the Multiversity as being on a higher plane than any of the individual Earths, so dreamers from across the Multiverse end up in Morpheus's realm.
    See, I look at it from a different angle. Instead of there being a WW connection to a high profile masterpiece ( or whatever), I look at it more like "he bastardized a WW character to serve as fodder for his own purposes"

Also, let's remember Vertigo was supposed to be it's own thing, and out of continuity ( if memory serves,) .... So anything in Sandman should be in its own continuity bubble, and not have any bearing outside of that.

Also, with all the subsequent Earth shattering reality bending crises that have occurred but since then, she's been shown to be back in her original form, with Justice Infinity ( horrible name) so maybe all that has already happened

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    See, I look at it from a different angle. Instead of there being a WW connection to a high profile masterpiece ( or whatever), I look at it more like "he bastardized a WW character to serve as fodder for his own purposes"

Also, let's remember Vertigo was supposed to be it's own thing, and out of continuity ( if memory serves,) .... So anything in Sandman should be in its own continuity bubble, and not have any bearing outside of that.

Also, with all the subsequent Earth shattering reality bending crises that have occurred but since then, she's been shown to be back in her original form, with Justice Infinity ( horrible name) so maybe all that has already happened
    Sandman was always set in the DC universe and the early arcs pulled a lot of lingering plot threads from obscure parts of DC lore. Lytas plot picks up right from her last appearance in Infinity Inc. she ended up in the Dreaming in that book. The notion that Vertigo isn't part of the DCU has never really worked, because the early books that launched the imprint may have been on the fringes, but were very blatantly still part of it.

I'm also not seeing how he bastardized her. But then, this is the first thing I read her in, and liking her story in it is what made her history as a daughter of Diana and Steve more interesting. She also wasn't even a WW character at that point, unfortunately. By the time Gaiman wrote her, the connection had been severed and she was Helena Kosmatos daughter. But I like the idea of Diana and Steve being Daniels grandparents, and through her connection to the Kindly Ones, it gives Lyta a part of Greek lore that's unique to her. Sort of like how Donna has the Titans of Myth.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Sandman was always set in the DC universe and the early arcs pulled a lot of lingering plot threads from obscure parts of DC lore. Lytas plot picks up right from her last appearance in Infinity Inc. she ended up in the Dreaming in that book. The notion that Vertigo isn't part of the DCU has never really worked, because the early books that launched the imprint may have been on the fringes, but were very blatantly still part of it.

I'm also not seeing how he bastardized her. But then, this is the first thing I read her in, and liking her story in it is what made her history as a daughter of Diana and Steve more interesting. She also wasn't even a WW character at that point, unfortunately. By the time Gaiman wrote her, the connection had been severed and she was Helena Kosmatos daughter. But I like the idea of Diana and Steve being Daniels grandparents, and through her connection to the Kindly Ones, it gives Lyta a part of Greek lore that's unique to her. Sort of like how Donna has the Titans of Myth.
    For me, it's that thing of her not being important as herself, or her lineage, or an Amazon. Her story then becomes " she's the mother of * enter important male character here*'.... They could have used literally anyone else to do this, or created a character for this purpose instead of messing with established characters.

She could have been connected to the Furies in some other way, if that was even necessary. ( Via her revised history, she already had some connection via her "mother" Helena anyways,)
    Last edited by wonder39; 12-12-2022 at 10:43 PM.