Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men... personal relationships

If you were going to write a story focused around personal interaction and not large scale super-villain fights what characters would you want to use and why?

One thing I really liked in the old stories with the Acolytes and X-Men was how they interacted with each other. First glance with Krakoa you'd think oh yeah, now they're going to do that more..... except... While some of the Acolytes have joined the Xmen.... most haven't even been seen anywhere. Which is highly disappointing.

One I'm curious about is Scanner. What would happen if Sarah Ryahl and Kitty Pryde were to face off in a contest of fighting skill? Can Scanner disrupt the bio-electric field of Shadowcat which Shadowcat is phased? It works on astral projections so.... maybe?

Also... what has she been doing since she left Genosha? I don't think she showed up at Utopia....

I would write a story centered on Jean and Rachel, their relationship, and the murder of Jean's family. This is ripe for exploration.

EDIT: I would also devote an extended scene or even issue to Jean broaching the possibility of having her niece and nephew resurrected. If editorial were to choose to follow Claremont's desires and reveal that Jean's sister, Sara, was indeed a mutant with the ability to activate the latent abilities of other mutants, I would have her talk about resurrecting her as well.

Hands down it would be scott/Jean/Storm/Misty Knight story and it would be the first time they took Ororo to the movies. And unfortunately for them it was superman 2 and the scene where lois lane was buried alived lets just say Storm shut down the theater. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    If you were going to write a story focused around personal interaction and not large scale super-villain fights what characters would you want to use and why?

One thing I really liked in the old stories with the Acolytes and X-Men was how they interacted with each other. First glance with Krakoa you'd think oh yeah, now they're going to do that more..... except... While some of the Acolytes have joined the Xmen.... most haven't even been seen anywhere. Which is highly disappointing.

One I'm curious about is Scanner. What would happen if Sarah Ryahl and Kitty Pryde were to face off in a contest of fighting skill? Can Scanner disrupt the bio-electric field of Shadowcat which Shadowcat is phased? It works on astral projections so.... maybe?

Also... what has she been doing since she left Genosha? I don't think she showed up at Utopia....
    I like the Acolytes as well. It’s too bad we haven’t seen more of them in the current era. I wouldn’t mind seeing Lorna interact with them in the current era.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I would like to see some Banshee and Syrin interaction, Banshee and Emma, Charles and Moira, this is looking like a ship wishlist , Magneto and Doug Ramsey and Magik, Lorna interacting with Rogue and Gambit on the X-men title. A training session or mutual mission with Magneto and Lorna. Jean, Rachel and the grey family.

I also love the idea of a Scanner vs Kitty Pryde duel, I think Scanner has the ability but kitty has the experience, it would be a hard fight and Kitty has a lot more control of her powers than she used to have so their fight would be very equal.

I also would like to see the old Acolytes guard interacting with Amelia Vogh and Exodus.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-04-2021 at 03:46 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mystique and Rogue. The fact that they haven't interacted at all two years into the Krakoan era, especially regarding Destiny, is weird.

From this current era, I would actually have the cohones to define the relationship between Scott-Jean-Logan. It’s controversial, but it needs something for me to care about it. The fact that I don’t care is an issue. It doesn’t even have to be in-depth or long. Just a moment where we see Logan walk out of Jean’s room to signify it to be casual on their side. Logan thinking about leaving the Summer’s house only for Scott to tell him not to because of what it would do to Jean and how things have been better between even he and Scott, even if they themselves are not intimate like Jean is with either of them. Does Logan factor into major decisions as a couple? Is he as invested as Jean and Scott are with each other?

For Storm, I would go on the difficulties of running Arakko as a barbaric society.

For Rachel, I’d broach the topic with Cable about where the future is currently headed.

Off-Topic: This is why fan fiction is a wonderful thing. I already do write about the different relationships between the X-Men. It’s not professional. Hell, I won’t even claim I’m good, but it’s a good outlet to let the ideas be made reality, rather than bubbling in your head to the point where you explode.

BANNED

I’d like to see all of Laura’s friends pull her aside and call her out on how crappy of a friend she actually is, what with her habit of ghosting them.

This thread got my mind moving. It would be nice to see like an x-men moments or something where it features memories of like little personal moments between the characters we have never seen. made me do a little cool down for tonight.

moviepugel.jpg

just how i imagined them meeting up at the theater.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-04-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This thread got my mind moving. It would be nice to see like an x-men moments or something where it features memories of like little personal moments between the characters we have never seen. made me do a little cool down for tonight.

moviepugel.jpg

just how i imagined them meeting up at the theater.
    Is that your sketch? If so, go you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Is that your sketch? If so, go you!
    Yeah it is. Thanks. ^___^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Totaly unimportant but i would like to see how Magik and Marrow apparently became enough of friends that Illyana would vote for her during the X-men election.

I'm aware that, as someoe has pointed out to me, she might have just said that to pull Robert's leg, but it still seems an oddly specific choice. So together with Sarah's comment towards Illyana in the Man-Thing oneshot, i could see the possebility, that when she was turned into a demon at the end of Rosenbergs run (the Juggernaut mini-series confirmed that actualy happend), Marrow was sneaking into the military base trying to free Elixir only to run into Demon-Magik and somehow managing to trick/convince her to regain control over herself.

Afterwards both could have bonded over their similar messed up childhoods via horrible alternate dimensions where time ran faster, experiencing death (or near death in Sarah's case) and their respective histories with Collosus and Mikhail.

Which would also neatly tie up how Magik became normal again and what happend to Exilir when he was captured by the military.

Thinking about her horrible childhood.

Would a moment count where Gambit visits the Morlocks in Arizona, admits his involvement in the mutant massacre and is officialy forgiven by everyone (as contrast to what Greycrow experienced at the beginning of Hellions), so that the whole part of his backstory can be put to rest?
    Or is that not personal enough because it doesn't involve major characters besides Gambit?

I would write a story centered on Jean and Rachel, their relationship, and the murder of Jean's family. This is ripe for exploration.

EDIT: I would also devote an extended scene or even issue to Jean broaching the possibility of having her niece and nephew resurrected. If editorial were to choose to follow Claremont's desires and reveal that Jean's sister, Sara, was indeed a mutant with the ability to activate the latent abilities of other mutants, I would have her talk about resurrecting her as well.
    You know given Jean's "power level", there is the possibility that Xavier might have programmed Cerebro to scan them all just to be sure if more of them could be mutants and Sinister kept samples of them for the same reason, that a lot more of the Grey family than her sister could conviniently be brought back.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-04-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    You know given Jean's "power level", there is the possibility that Xavier might have programmed Cerebro to scan them all just to be sure if more of them could be mutants...
    Yes! The story I have in mind is so good if I do say so myself.

and Sinister kept samples of them for the same reason, that a lot more of the Grey family than her sister could conviniently be brought back.
    No! 😂 If they're going to go there, let them rest in peace. I don't want them brought back as part of some nefarious plot, especially involving that loathsome creature.

Astonishing Member

No! If they're going to go there, let them rest in peace. I don't want them brought back as part of some nefarious plot, especially involving that loathsome creature.
    He allready has the DNA samples of practically every mutant who seems to have lived since he started his nefarious work, all 17 million of them (otherwise the whole bring back all dead mutants from Genosha plan would be impossible). My point was more that it would be a neat little way to explain how they would have functional DNA samples of some normal humans like the Greys too. Not that it would be part of a Sinister plot.

And since Jean has been so special to his plans, it wouldn't be the case for most other X-men's human relatives (sorry Kitty), except the Guthries for examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    He allready has the DNA samples of practically every mutant who seems to have lived since he started his nefarious work, all 17 million of them (otherwise the whole bring back all dead mutants from Genosha plan would be impossible). My point was more that it would be a neat little way to explain how they would have functional DNA samples of some normal humans like the Greys too. Not that it would be part of a Sinister plot.

And since Jean has been so special to his plans, it wouldn't be the case for most other X-men's human relatives (sorry Kitty), except the Guthries for examples.
    Ah, okay. You bring up good points. I will allow it.

😂