Page 743 of 818 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745746747753793 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 12267
    Extraordinary Member

The style is pretty sexy.

Alt universe Wanda as an earth-bound soul of some sort like Agatha was, is kinda cool. Not sure I see the sarcasticness - but it is an alt version, so maybe we would see her life in more sardonic terms; Pietro did more to keep her from Vision; Maybe she had to be Arkon's wench for a while. Things like that would make some one sardonic and seek release through black humor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Alt universe Wanda as an earth-bound soul of some sort like Agatha was, is kinda cool. Not sure I see the sarcasticness - but it is an alt version, so maybe we would see her life in more sardonic terms; Pietro did more to keep her from Vision; Maybe she had to be Arkon's wench for a while. Things like that would make some one sardonic and seek release through black humor.
    Well, I was thinking going for a more humorous.
    Black humor because she is, well, dead, but she would not dwell on the fact she is dead, or "being dead is not that bad" kind of angle.

I had that idea of Wanda being trapped inside a Darkhold page and gets released into Cyber Punk future.
    Vision is still alive and they teamed up like K and Joy in Blade Runner 2049, the synth and the girl without physical form, and that Darkhold page is her holographic projector.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-31-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

And I kinda always wonder where Wanda's went when she was possessed by Chthon.
    Judging from Mighty Avengers, it's likely inside Darkhold.
    So what is it like inside that book, maybe a creepier copy of Wundagore with a gothic horror-movie-style castle standing, a literal "Darkhold".

Extraordinary Member

Sorry, double post.Deleted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think Life Force only has to do with the scale.
    I think Charge Attacks in video games may applies to Wanda well, her Hexes' power-scale depend on the time(the effect of the attack), energy(the upper limit of the attack), focus(the accuracy of the attack.)
    Low-charge attacks:energy blast, indirect TK, breaking stuff
    Middle-charge attacks: teleportation, disrupting machines/organic structure(jamming guns, shutting down bots, neural disruption.) collapse a building
    High-charge attacks:rebuilding, reshaping complicated structures or reality.

So basically if she is fighting alone, she will depend on more immediate form of attack like TK/Energy blast, withher teammates around she can use some cover to build stronger/charged hex to make more unlikely/complicated events to happen.(Busiek is more like later for the most part I think, like she blowing up Masque's bots in a row after her teammates held off some of them.)

It's just my thought, pretty easy to grasp.

For more keen writers, they can let Wanda use Witchcraft spells as well. Though writers didn't keep track of magic spells these days, they usually just pop up whenever needed, even more so than Chaos Magic and Reality Warping power.
    That's confusing then because Life Force was an actual power used by the elder gods at the universe's creation. Canon-wise Wanda wasn't uber too unless she tapped into another power source. So if it's just a power level and not a power source, that might pose a problem with how everything was established before.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...d-joss-whedon/

After making her full debut as the Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen’s Wanda Maximoff will be reuniting with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes next month as Marvel unleashes its hugely-anticipated superhero blockbuster Avengers: Infinity War.

Infinity War reunites Olsen with Captain America: Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo, and during an interview with Coming Soon, the actress has been explaining the differences between a Russo brothers-directed Avengers and Joss Whedon-helmed Avengers.

“The biggest difference is that Joss wrote everything. When he writes them, he plays every single character in, like, a cabin and he does the fighting sequences as much as he can and then he writes it. I think the main difference is that the Russos delegate and they trust everything that they’ve delegated things to. Not saying Joss didn’t, but that’s a lot of pressure to be a director and then go home to also do rewrites for the next week.

“So I think it’s just as it gets bigger, things become more specific to different departments and I think it allows maybe even a freedom within the dialogue sometimes, because there’s a space some of us have the ability to step out and not be on the page. Not saying that one’s better than the other, because Joss knows these characters better than maybe each one of the individuals do because he lives it and breathes it, and the Russos at the beginning of filming are like, ‘You’re in control of your character. If there are things you think we missed, please participate, please say.’”

As we’ve seen in the trailers, Infinity War will pick up with Scarlet Witch and Vision focusing on their relationship, only for that to come under threat when Thanos and his forces look to get their hands on the Mind Stone currently housed in Vision’s forehead. Olsen and her co-star Paul Bettany went on to share a few words on their characters’ relationship, and what they have been up to since the events of Civil War.

“We have stayed separate teams and the people on Cap’s side have been fighting more rogue missions,” said Olsen. “Hence, we all look a bit different to suggest being in hiding and we’ve been trying to within that time find points of meeting in different places in order to try and forward our relationship.”

“I think that Vision’s been on this quest to understand what being human is and I think Scarlet Witch [has] in a large degree helped him figure that out and what love is,” added Bettany. “(Singing) ‘I wanna know what love is?’ It’s in the movie, that’s the scene the paparazzi (shot). ‘I wanna know what love is? Yeah, so they’re trying to figure that out.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    That's confusing then because Life Force was an actual power used by the elder gods at the universe's creation. Canon-wise Wanda wasn't uber too unless she tapped into another power source. So if it's just a power level and not a power source, that might pose a problem with how everything was established before.
    Okay, you mean Demiurge creating the Elder Gods?(That is not the creation of the universe though) The Life Force here is bascally a vauge term.
    And what's so hard to understand, and how it contradict thing established before.
    I mean without LF, she can still pull off Hex more powerful than her usual ones when given a powerful energy source. Like Twilghgt Sword, Quasar and other teammates's energt, Simon's Ionic energy, also her training and understanding of her ower help her harness energy faster.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, you kinda lost me here. You said she need to tap into another power source, that is what I mean as well.
    LF is a powerful energy source, allowing Wanda to pull off larger Hex than any other energy sources.
    Since her supposed OG mutant power is energy manipulation according yo Agatha, that will probably enable her to usr any kind of energy to.charge her Hex, even just from surrounding enviroment.

So basically a Engine(Chaos Magic), Wire/Conduit(Her mutant/genetic power), battery(LF, Twilight Sword, or just mystical energy in her enviroment like some sorcerers do.)model. What is wrong with this exactly?
    Yeah it contradict with Byrne/Bendis's "With Great Insanity Comes Great Power" trope but it could just be the power energy source overriding and buring her wire and engine.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-31-2018 at 05:51 PM.

BANNED

Okay, you kinda lost me here. You said she need to tap into another power source, that is what I mean as well.
    LF is a powerful energy source, allowing Wanda to pull off larger Hex than any other energy sources.
    Since her supposed OG mutant power is energy manipulation according yo Agatha, that will probably enable her to usr any kind of energy to.charge her Hex, even just from surrounding enviroment.

So basically a Engine(Chaos Magic), Wire/Conduit(Her mutant/genetic power), battery(LF, Twilight Sword, or just mystical energy in her enviroment like some sorcerers do.)model. What is wrong with this exactly?
    Yeah it contradict with Byrne/Bendis's "With Great Insanity Comes Great Power" trope but it could just be the power energy source overriding and buring her wire and engine.
    I'd be interested to see Marvel's official stance on her power set.

BANNED

Okay, you mean Demiurge creating the Elder Gods?(That is not the creation of the universe though)
    I wasn't meaning used to create the universe, just that at it's infancy that power was used as an actual power. You said that Life Force had to do with the scale of power, so I thought you meant that it was just power level, not source.

What is wrong with this exactly?
    And what's so hard to understand, and how it contradict thing established before.
    If you read her power set at different eras, it's all described different ways. That's what becomes confusing.

Heck, we can't even have a clear discussion on what the Life Force is supposed to be. The best we can do is fan theory. :P
    Last edited by Curlytop; 03-31-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't meaning used to create the universe, just that at it's infancy that power was used as an actual power. You said that Life Force had to do with the scale of power, so I thought you meant that it was just power level, not source.

If you read her power set at different eras, it's all described different ways. That's what becomes confusing.

Heck, we can't even have a clear discussion on what the Life Force is supposed to be. The best we can do is fan theory. :P
    Well, I mean it's a powerful energy source, like a Sci-fi Nuclear Fushion Battery compared to Chemical Battery which is regular Wanda's energy source.
    She was able to reach high power level with such energy source, not that the energy itself is a power level.

I mostly mentioned post-Busiek stuff, I think it's well-organized with Busiek era.
    The Pre-Busiek didn't contradict with this explanation, at least not much, until Busiek, the Chthonic influence was just meant as some vague "magic potential", nothing specific.
    Again, the thing is not to find a explanation for her power through the entire history. It won't work, not just Wanda but pretty much every character based on man-made concepts.(Be it Sci-fi or mystical), but a Power Structure that is easy to understand and follow.
    Yeah, Bendis could just toss it away, but again Bendis is a rare disaster.
    Writers can use their imagination on the possible extensions of her power,(like Wanda making magic beacons and sensing TP/Mystic links since she was basically a conduit herself.) if they don't feel like creative, just stick with the formula.

Another Infinity War image
    tumblr_p6hq1w65ib1uvnwy7o1_540.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jeez, the details of her face is terrible, what happened to her cheek.(Her face kinda sank into the skull.)
    Now Photoshop is officially Wanda's second arch nemesis right behind Bendis.