Page 753 of 818 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 12267
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Some great news: Wanda is coming to Avengers Academy!
    https://www.voices.com/jobs/posting/282442
    It's about time! They teased this when Billy was put in the game.
    Last edited by Curlytop; 04-15-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I love how the first sentence of her character description is ''Wanda Maximoff has a very confusing backstory''. LOL
    That's an understatement,

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    As I've said before I don't like the whole comes from a line of witches thing, because Wanda's family is Romani and that's a stereotype. I get that she's not really Romani in the movies because she's played by someone who is very much not, but also that in interviews they've still hinted at keeping those aspects and her making paprikash. I do like the Chthon stuff and think that would be very interesting for movies.
    Well, I think they will turn to more of those OG/man-made magic/mystical concepts for MCU like the Elder Gods, Old Ones instead of those exist in real life like Wicca just to avoid cultural misunderstanding and potential misinterpretation.

Drop of Venus is suggesting her MCU origin could take both elements, essentially making her not the first one in her family to carry the curse.(Typical cursed bloodline and stuff, like some Lovecraftian stories, Shadow of Wundgaore, anyone?)
    But again Wanda is never that "from an ancient house" type of character, she didn't even have a stable pair of parents, let alone ancestors.(I mean, which one of Wanda's parents is the descendent of that pirate lady anyway?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I think they will turn to more of those OG/man-made magic/mystical concepts for MCU like the Elder Gods, Old Ones instead of those exist in real life like Wicca just to avoid cultural misunderstanding and potential misinterpretation.

Drop of Venus is suggesting her MCU origin could take both elements, essentially making her not the first one in her family to carry the curse.(Typical cursed bloodline and stuff, like some Lovecraftian stories, Shadow of Wundgaore, anyone?)
    But again Wanda is never that "from an ancient house" type of character, she didn't even have a stable pair of parents, let alone ancestors.(I mean, which one of Wanda's parents is the descendent of that pirate lady anyway?)
    Yes, but I'd like for them to avoid that. Especially curses, and the such. I'm more comfortable with this being her power and distant from her family. And then her taking up magic hesitantly to control her own powers. These are things that have no origin in Romani families and shouldn't even in fiction, because they continue the misconception that these things are linked and have real life origin.

Also, not sure if Red Lucy is still a canon thing? It hasn't been referenced in so long and she's gone through so many retcons.

Yes, but I'd like for them to avoid that. Especially curses, and the such. I'm more comfortable with this being her power and distant from her family. And then her taking up magic hesitantly to control her own powers. These are things that have no origin in Romani families and shouldn't even in fiction, because they continue the misconception that these things are linked and have real life origin.

Also, not sure if Red Lucy is still a canon thing? It hasn't been referenced in so long and she's gone through so many retcons.
    I get it is a stereotype, but I like the idea of Wanda coming from a line of magic users. It does make more sense that you are mutant, you lost your powers, go use a magic spellbook and learn magic to use them properly.

Extraordinary Member

Well, you prefer Wanda's magic being an individual case.
    I would like them to keep the " accident of birth", "born with magic" aspects, not necessarily from her family but through mark and being chosen.
    That will guve her journey back to Wundagore a sense of destiny.

Witchcraft and Chthon's influence are essentially two different branches of magic to her. ( Especially post-Busiek, before that it's vague magic potential
    )One is based on knowledge another is directly given by the Elder God.( Bound to body and Soul I think.)

So she coming from a line of witches don't have much to do with her power anyway, she learnt it from Agatha, and Chthon's mark is an isolated case.
    I don't know what Robinson is doing trying to explain her power with this, could be that " Witches as a different race" some fictions use, but again it's hardly the case in MU.(Agatha's offspring do have this vibe though.) Or the family are all just adepts.(But again this is exactly what Chthon made her with NoW explanation. Seems kinda dumb to do it if she was already one.)

And it's also the nature of magic in MU, some prefer real life culture inspiration, others prefer magic in pop-culture stuff.(DND, Fantasy novels, video games) while the latter do have real life culture influences, it is already altered to be their own system, more fun and less cringey. Again the latter is usually high fantasy stuff, which MU can't really do.(The human civilization is still built on technology in MU.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-15-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I get it is a stereotype, but I like the idea of Wanda coming from a line of magic users. It does make more sense that you are mutant, you lost your powers, go use a magic spellbook and learn magic to use them properly.
    That would make Wanda similar to Ororo, as both would then come from arcane lineages. Storm just developed her mutant powers over her magic potential, while Wanda now has developed both and even combined them.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That would make Wanda similar to Ororo, as both would then come from arcane lineages. Storm just developed her mutant powers over her magic potential, while Wanda now has developed both and even combined them.
    Just because they come from arcane lineages doesn't make them similar. I don't even remember a time, Storm was mentioned to have any magical powers/potential.

In my headcanon, Wanda is still a mystically enhanced mutant, as Agatha herself said, without her magic, Wanda would be a run-of-the-mill Energy Manipulator.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just because they come from arcane lineages doesn't make them similar. I don't even remember a time, Storm was mentioned to have any magical powers/potential.
    Ororo does indeed have magical potential, she just chose not to develop it. In Marvel's Mystic Arcana, it is explicitly stated, and there are three tarot cards for the High Priestess, depicting Agatha, Wanda, and Ororo.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ororo does indeed have magical potential, she just chose not to develop it. In Marvel's Mystic Arcana, it is explicitly stated, and there are three tarot cards for the High Priestess, depicting Agatha, Wanda, and Ororo.
    Didn't know that

Extraordinary Member

In my headcanon, Wanda is still a mystically enhanced mutant, as Agatha herself said, without her magic, Wanda would be a run-of-the-mill Energy Manipulator.
    Her ancestors are priests of Oshtur according to Mystic Arcana.
    My headcannon is basically the same, but I think she still is. Just with her Mutant power replaced by H.E.'s Experiment, which will still be genetically based.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-16-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Her ancestors are priests of Oshtur according to Mystic Arcana.
    My headcannon is basically the same, but I think she still is. Just with her Mutant power replaced by H.E.'s Experiment, which will still be genetically based.
    That is if the H.E actually experimented on them

Extraordinary Member

So what are the spoiler policies when IW is released in theaters?
    Like how many days till we can talk it in spoiler tags and how many days till we can talk openly?

BANNED

So what are the spoiler policies when IW is released in theaters?
    Like how many days till we can talk it in spoiler tags and how many days till we can talk openly?
    Spoiler tags are free to use whenever, AFAIK. That's their whole purpose; to cover up what is typed within, should no one want to read it. If someone chooses to highlight it, that's them choosing to read the spoiler.

Probably label it beforehand, such as:

"Spoilers for IW below:

spoilers:
    blablabla
    end of spoilers"

just as a small courtesy, though.

Of course, some people whine when there's non-tagged spoilers...in a spoiler thread, so...YMMV.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Spoiler tags are free to use whenever, AFAIK. That's their whole purpose; to cover up what is typed within, should no one want to read it. If someone chooses to highlight it, that's them choosing to read the spoiler.

Probably label it beforehand, such as:

"Spoilers for IW below:

spoilers:
    blablabla
    end of spoilers"

just as a small courtesy, though.

Of course, some people whine when there's non-tagged spoilers...in a spoiler thread, so...YMMV.
    Well, I tend to read only specific spoilers and avoid the rest.